Ended
Watch

Succubi at the Sterling

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    M
    Matrixchild

The Sterling Hotel was absolutely elegant. Since Marco had arrived in the city it was the only place he identified with the Movement. One day he'd have something more personal, but for the moment the Hotel would have to do. Calling ahead he had reserved the Drawing room so that it would just be him and Diana, alone to discuss her future in Sacramento. He didn't want there to be any eavesdroppers to their first conversation. As he arrived he was wearing a vibrant blue suit with a white shirt and dark blue tie. He went inside, said his greetings to the woman at the desk, and headed to the drawing room to make himself comfortable on the couch.

Sitting on the couch he started to get excited. What would this new Carthian tell him? How involved was she already in the Movement? He also continued to enjoy his place at the head of the table. Unlike other covenants the Movement was much more fluid with duties and roles. The responsibilities that a position had in one city may be in complete contrast to the responsibilities in another. Marco was making it known that the Myrmidon was the man to see in Sacramento. The Prefect position may be more well known, but he would try and set an example for future Myrmidons to follow.

V

Diana walked up to the Sterling Hotel and took a good look at it before stepping inside. It was beautiful, but also a bit more delicate looking than she'd expected the meeting place of the Carthians to be. Although it was entirely possible this place had nothing to do with the Carthians, and he hadn't figured out why she wanted to talk to him yet. She made sure she was blushed before walking inside, because she doubted if there would be a neon sign to the drawing room, and she expected to have to ask questions. She was wearing the same outfit she'd worn to Nox, but she didn't think he was there, so he wouldn't notice.

Her white suit was perfectly tailored, and of good quality, but did look slightly worn out. She also had a pastel pink button down shirt, and pastel pink and blue heels. Around her neck was a thin white leather choker with a mother of pearl heart in the centre. Her hair was a wild pastel rainbow, although it had obviously been styled this way with some care. The curls had clearly been freshly done with a curling iron. On her wrist, a small but long bag hung from a thin white strap. It seemed to be weighted mostly at the bottom.

Inside, she stopped to ask after the drawing room from the woman at the desk. She made her way down to the drawing room and knocked on the door with her small manicured hand. She wondered how she would be received, and if the Movement was at all influential in the city.

Knock Knock Knock
    BP 1 | Striking Looks 4 (ethereal, captivating) | Presence 3 (friendly)
    Health 7 | Vitae 8/10 | Willpower 4/4

M
    Matrixchild

Realizing he wasn't looking his best he forced blood through his veins and into his skin. Just then he heard a knock on the drawing room door. He had expected her to just come in but he certainly respected her etiquette. Rising from his seat he walked over to the door and opened it. Standing before him was a captivating beauty in a white suit. Has a family member joined the Movement? How delightful, he thought.

He smiled broadly at the woman in front of him and said, "Why you must be Senora Barnes. I am Marco Fernandez, won't you come in?" At the last statement he turned and gestured inside the room.

-1 Blush of Life

V

Diana smiled brightly at Marco and walked inside. He was handsome, she had to admit. She walked over to the sofa, but remained standing. "Yes, but if you like you can call me Diana. Of course, I already know your name Mr. Fernandez. I am very pleased to meet you. So, you're the leader of the Movement here in Sacramento? I'm interested to hear about how things work in this domain, I mean to stay for quite a while if it will have me."

She took a moment to appraise him. Good sense of style, seems socially perceptive.. The right signs are there, hopefully he's a competent leader as well.

M
    Matrixchild

Making sure to close the door behind them, he followed Diana to the sofa and took a seat next to her. "Well Diana, it's a pleasure and you may call me Marco. I like to keep things casual between members," he said with a smile.

"Now, I wouldn't necessarily call myself the 'leader' of Movement per se. You see, we had a Prefect not too long ago, but he has been rushed away for personal business." He respected Gerald enough to keep his departure respectable, even to new members.

"Laying the cards on the table we have two active members, myself and Konrad Roth, and we've been making decisions as a group so far. Most likely he'll be filling in for the Prefect position, which in some domains acts as the public spokesperson. As the Myrmidon I have taken on the role of speaking with new members, providing guidance, interacting with other covenant members and well, pretty much anything else we can think of," he added with a chuckle.

"Because we're so few we've just been taking things as they come. This place for instance isn't exclusively the Movement's, it's just been the place we've met since I arrived in town and I felt it'd be appropriate for our first meeting. I hope to have a place of my own soon that can be used for the Movement but it will take time, like all things in this life," holding his smile.

Marco paused for a moment. "I must ask something that just came to mind, are you perhaps a Daeva?"

V

Diana nodded along as Marco explained things. "So, this Gerald, he had to go to another city? That's a shame.". She hoped it was just that, and not that he'd defected to another covenant. At only two strong, it seemed the movement here was weak enough as it was. However, she still wasn't sure what the overall numbers of Sacramento kindred were. So, she was not sure what two members truly indicated beyond that Marco considered it quite a small number. "And Konrad.. He is loyal to the Movement?" she asked, knowing that even if he wasn't, getting a straight answer at this point was probably unlikely. Still, it was good to ask.

"In New York, my coterie was entirely Carthian. Things got bad for us there though, and after a couple of my coterie-mates left the city I ended up doing the same. I heard they went to Atlanta but I wanted to try my luck here in California. I was really hoping to find a similar setup." she said to him, as she took a seat beside him.

She leaned in towards him slightly and grinned playfully. "I am a Daeva, well spotted. Are you? You're certainly dressed well enough to be." She inclined her head slightly and looked up at him, trying to establish eye contact.

M
    Matrixchild

At her inquiry into Gerald he said pleasantly, "yes, he left town."

She was quite the inquisitive one, but you have to be open, partially, to get some openness in return. "I haven't known him long, but when we were discussing positions he turned down both. I don't know the reason but it certainly says something. All Kindred understand that trust is hard earned. He has shown a good deal interest in the Movement, though personal ambitious has been greatly connected to it. All I'll say for now is I believe he is loyal enough." He chuckled slightly to lighten the mood. "Now I have been loyal to the Movement for many years. I came from Houston which was a Carthian Domain and then moved to Sacramento to spread the ideals I had learned and I have no intention of going anywhere," he said with a smile.

"Well, we are the size of a small coterie, but you'll find out soon enough that Sacramento doesn't have the vast Kindred numbers of many larger cities. In general it's a more close knit city with a good deal of inter-cooperation, though the former Harpy was quite hostile towards us."

He returned the playful smile. "I am, and thank you, I try to dress to impress. You look quite ravishing as well. But the reason I ask is to find out if you've spoken to Juan yet. Obviously I'm glad you came to me but he's the one who handle's acknowledgement. I sadly cannot help with that."

V

Diana continued to smile and gave a short but sweet reply, "I have a Juan Cordoba on my list of contacts to call. Thanks for looking out for me though."

She shifted on the couch and leaned forward slightly. She is still smiling but her face looks harder, more serious. "I'm just going to come out and say things as I see them, in the interest of keeping things casual and not bogged down with politics, as you said before." A pause as she makes sure she has Marco's attention. "It seems like things haven't been going well for the Carthians here at least lately, but if the numbers in Sacramento are really what you say they are, things are as cooperative as you say they are, and a big enemy to the Movement is gone.. We should be in pretty good shape to influence things, right?"

Another pause. "I don't expect you to trust me right away, Marco. I do hope that I'll be able to earn your trust in good time though. Why don't you tell me something the Movement has been working towards, so that we can begin cooperating right away."

M
    Matrixchild

He listened patiently to all she had to say before responding. "Very good to hear. That actually leads me to the answer to your questions. Yes, I believe now, with your arrival and the fact that you sound very interested in helping the Movement grow, that we may be moving past the bumps of the past."

"You are right to assume there will be time needed for trust, but that doesn't mean I'll leave you in the dark. Our plan has been to independently, or together, seek tenancy from our Priscus'. Now, Konrad is a Priscus so he's set. I on the other hand have been keeping in contact with Juan and we seem to be on good terms, so hopefully I'm growing ever closer to tenancy as well. When Gerald was here we had plans of creating some form of business or another. Now, I've been focusing my efforts on gaining the capital and connections to open a business of my own. As of now I'm thinking of a cabaret with areas for private conversations and the ability to meet as a covenant there. That would give us a solid hold in the city as well as a clear presence with the Kindred. The other thing we've been working on his attempting to gain allies in the different covenants. As my father always said, 'if you're not powerful, have powerful friends.' Lastly, I was planning on subtly challenging Velma, the one hostile to the Movement, for the position of Harpy."

"What that means, is if you're serious about cooperating and helping influence things in the city then I'd suggest work on making connections with the other covenants, seek out allies in the Kine world, and try and take every opportunity you can to make yourself useful for others. If we can show the domain that the Carthians are worth talking to because we can actually do and influence things we'll start to be taken more seriously. Oh, and if you hear any good rumors pass them along as well as spread the idea of me as Harpy," he said with a wink. "Since we already have a Priscus, if we can gain a second city position that will only help us."

V

Diana waited a few moments before she replied, the silence palpable. "So, there isn't a harpy right now, that's what you're telling me? I guess its a good time to be someone who has been working on it then!" She beamed at Marco.

"Honestly I've been wanting to lay down social contacts with mortals here anyway, because I'm not certain I will be able to make all the friends I need to to put on productions through the Kindred. I did in New York but I think that may have been an anomaly. For that, I'll need allies. I think we're on the same page, actually, for everything I wanted to do here. As far as rumours, all I can promise is my best." She returned Marco's wink and sunk into the couch a little, relaxing. The tug on her psyche told her not to, that she was in the presence of a greater predator, but appearances were everything after all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.