Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Holstered gun on his right hip
    Sheathed knife on his left hip

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Nosferatu Curse: The irises of Garrick's eyes are milky white, they never seem to focus on what he is paying attention too. Consequently it is hard to tell if he's looking at you or around you or past you.
    Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"Ah, Priscus." Garrick bows deeper than the Priscus had to him. Opps.

"Bigfoot actually. It started as a prank back home to anyone who passed out too hard after a party. It has stuck with me as one of the scariest moments of my life waking up in it in the woods." White eyes dance over the costume the Priscus wears.

"I.. a lion with wings? That's from myth somewhere?"

C
    Casitive

Ah, I see.” David replies to the correction, “Cryptids aren't really my thing.” Idly, the Shadow wonders why he thought of the Blue Lagoon enough to imagine that is what Garrick is wearing. Water born myths and films don't seem so far from David's thoughts these nights; Aοleen's influence, maybe.

A Sphinx,” informs the Shadow. “A creature with the body of a Lion, head of a man, and wings of a Heron. Greek ones, mostly female, would ask a riddle and if it was answered wrong, they would kill without remorse. Egyptian ones, mostly male, were thought of as guardians.” David believed it would be a fine call back to his heritage, at least.

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Nosferatu Curse: The irises of Garrick's eyes are milky white, they never seem to focus on what he is paying attention too. Consequently it is hard to tell if he's looking at you or around you or past you.
    Scenes

NOS
    PRE

An eyebrow raises as the Priscus explains the difference between female and male Sphnix in myth. Followed by a moments hesitation. "I did not know that." Maybe that was a skipped day of school.

"Please forgive my.. ah. ignorance but what exactly is a Grand Wyrm? I was never exposed to the covenants for long." Garrick shifts awkwardly, this is all starting to look like a game of guess who just crawled out of the dirt.

C
    Casitive

No offense settles on David's face as he regards the Nosferatu from the proverbial arm's length. A question is followed by an answer and, perhaps, they are both made better for it. As for Garrick's second question, “It just means that I am the leader of the local Order. We are students that study Change.” Nothing more, nothing less.

A tiny, birdlike cant of David's head prefaces his next inquiry, “Is this your first time in a major Domain?” His roundabout question dances around Garrick's admission of not being exposed to the covenants and doesn't draw attention to how young or old the Nosferatu actually is. Civility and politeness is more than saying 'ma'ams' and 'sirs.'

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"I visited Reno a few times but my Sire never let me out of his sight." Garrick glances to the side, though who really can tell. "So I believe that it is. This is the longest I've spent in a large Domain."

"..How do you study change?" There's obviously more behind the question but Garrick only asks the first step.

C
    Casitive

Garrick's question is first met with a shifting of the Mekhet's weight. “Take an event from the newspaper,” the Sphinx starts to explain, “a death, a birth, a robbery; and track what it causes and what it has caused. Go backwards and learn about the people affected and go forward to see how they have been affected. Cause and Effect. It's helpful in understanding who we are.”

Finished, David glances towards the Big Foot, “Does that answer your question, Mr. Marlon?”

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"I believe that I need to think on that Priscus Regan. The closest I know of anything like that is my mother passing away. I went out and got wrecked." Garrick looks past David and a combination of shame and distate cross his face.

"My Sire had been following me for weeks apparently. That night he chose to bring me into this world."

Garrick looks back, at, through David, face bland once again. "Though I'm not sure that counts?"

C
    Casitive

“It might,” David replies after a moment's thought. “No choice is made in a vacuum. A Sire chooses the Embrace for a multitude of reasons, but there is a chance that your Mother's passing and your reaction to it played a role.”

There is no such thing as an isolated event. Each event spirals into other events like dominoes falling, one, after another. The Shadow Dragon turns his attention outward, towards others before he speaks again, “It is worth considering the reasons why and examine everything that led up to your Embrace, while cataloging all of the changes you've experienced after.”

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"Everything?" Slips out before Garrick thinks it through, he bows his head. "My apologies Priscus. I will have to take time to think over what has happened."

"How does a Covenant study Change? I understand worship and goals." It is, and sounds like, an honest question. "Do you all watch the world and study what will happen?"

C
    Casitive

“Take the time you need.” The Shadow Dragon's pastoral cadence tries to exude reassurance. “These are answers you must seek for yourself, for your own satisfaction, so that you can learn from them. Notions that there's a right and wrong answer can only be answered by your judgment. Not mine.”

Returning his attention to Garrick, David weighs the Nosferatu's question with due care. “There's a lot of things that happen in this world, isn't there?” The Mekhet's inquiry is only rhetorical. “Take a singular event, your embrace for instance, and study how you were before and after it. Ask yourself why. From this, you learn more about the nature of causality and how to guide it yourself.”

“If,” David offers, “you are interested in hearing more, let me know and we can talk outside of court.”

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread