Ended
Watch

Possible meetings and directions...

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

One of the more useful Elysian staff helps new arrivals and discreetly takes her cane away while directing her towards The Stairs.

The Stairs lead away from the mortal nightclub to a subterranean area set aside for Kindred use...

Once at the foot of The Stairs any new arrival can see the layout more properly.

For any who see her, Martha is neatly attired in an English style school uniform: a neat straw boater, a black blazer... a pair of scholarly... yes, she'd admit it..."Hipster" style... Spectacles are perched daintily on the end of her nose, she wears a short gymslip which shows her single leg to mid thigh. Her raven black hair is tied into two very long twin tails, each tied with a scarlet ribbon bow.

A swift glance would reveal that she's wearing a simple metal peg leg which extends high up her left thigh.

She wears a white knee sock on her flesh leg and a single carefully polished black Oxford pattern shoe, a crisp white blouse is obvious where the Edwardian style gymslip reveals it, as is her red necktie tucked neatly into her gymslip. Martha also wears a useful looking school satchel. Though smelling of minty toothpaste and lemons, she's shunned more obvious cosmetics.

She emits no Beast.

Her petite presence, however, exudes an almost tangible sweetness and innocence.

Pale and weak, her thigh stump aches. Her peg leg drags as she attempts to make uneven progress without her cane to aid her crippled efforts.

To an outside observer, she's simply quietly hobbling around the Elysian Field. Ironically, Martha seems to be paying more attention to the map sheet and the magnetic compass she's holding than where she's actually going...

I opened this as a potential launch pad for Violet and others to join and a possible place for her to meet Juan Cordoba and Co... if they wished to, of course.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

V

Diana Barnes walks into Nox and looks around. She has a smile on her face that seems truly genuine. Whether that is because she's in a good mood or because she's just used to smiling constantly isn't clear. If she passes under any black lights she is practically glowing because she is dressed in a white suit. It is perfectly tailored to her, but also well worn. She is also wearing a pastel pink button down shirt and pastel blue and pink high heels. Around her neck is a white leather choker with a mother of pearl heart in the centre.

Her hair is a bit wild but it seems as though she's styled it that way. It has obviously been carefully curled, and the colour is a pastel rainbow pattern. Her face is clearly made up, but the only part of her makeup that pops is her bright pink lipstick.

She pulls a black leather bound notebook out of her bag and studies it, ignoring a kine who has likely come up to ask if he can buy her a drink. She wrinkles her brow a bit and her smile falters as she looks around, clearly looking for something. Suddenly her eyes lock on where the stairs are, and she makes her way to the stairs, leaving the mortal behind without a word.
    BP 1 | Striking Looks 4 (ethereal, captivating) | Presence 3 (friendly)
    Health 7 | Vitae 8/10 | Willpower 4/4

3. Likes Chrisie, Yumyumcrow liked this post

Martha Villiers

PRE

Hearing the smart and very expensive clip clips of high heels on The Stairs, Martha eagerly hops and hobbles over to investigate.

Map and compass in hand, she stares, wide eyed, at the beautiful lady descending.

Gripping her compass tighter, she stares again at the lady's legs and shoes... then her multicolored hair.

With a visible tremble tiny Martha tries a small, nervous smile.

"G...good evening, Miss!" she stutters in greeting. Her accent so very British...

Her peg leg taps urgently at the floor as she hobbles aside to let the lady enter. Blinking, Martha tries to grasp the various colours shining in the new arrivals hair.

"My name is Miss Martha Villiers... might... might I help you, ma'am? You are, perhaps, a representative or envoy, ma'am? Someone of your poise, beauty and grace must surely be a lady of importance!" she enthuses demurely. Her hands folding the map and fingers twitching at the compass she's hanging about her neck on it's narrow cord lanyard as she speaks...
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

V

Diana looks down at the woman addressing her. Martha, she was called. She seemed perfectly mundane, although that wasn't something the Daeva had never run across before. All the same, she'd better be careful. Diana flashes her a sparkly grin. "Hello Martha, I'm Diana. Not an envoy I'm afraid, though. I hope that isn't too disappointing." Her accent is American as anything, it seems likely she's lived in the USA her whole life.

She extends her hand, which looks freshly manicured in a rather conservative style, surprisingly. She gives Martha a once over and notices her peg leg, but also her attention to detail with her hair ribbons and shoes. She tries to get eye contact with Martha and says "That's a very well put together outfit. I can tell you put a lot of care into your appearance."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Accepting the offered hand with great tenderness and care, locking the entrancing eye contact, Martha becomes immediately flattered and bashful;

"Goodness me! Thank you, ma'am!" she squeaks in response to Diana's praise. "Thank you! I do try to be neat! Might I say the same, ma'am! Your shoes... your hair...! Remarkable! Not an envoy...? I say!" Martha holds Diana's hand a little longer and, limping badly, hobbles towards the nearest seating, as if hoping to coax Diana to a place of comfort.

"I say!" she begins, sound even more English than usual and having the aroma of minty toothpaste, "Are you a dancer, Miss Diana? Your grace and beauty..." she leaves the rest unsaid, hinting that they seem to somehow equate to dancing in her mind.

Hobbling along, she blinks and smiles timidly again,
    "Perhaps you would wish to sit a while and we may talk, Miss? If, that is, you are not eager to make an appointment...?" she asks, still meekly holding entranced eye contact with Diana.

V

Diana follows Martha and takes a seat in one of the chairs. She angles her body towards her and leans in and says "Thank you very much. It isn't every day I'm greeted with such an enthusiastic compliment! I'm here because I was hoping to stay in Sacramento for the foreseeable future. I was told this was where to come to find the right people to help me get set up. I'm not too eager for an appointment though, I've got nothing but time" She winks at Martha before she tucks her black notebook back into the small white bag she has hanging from her shoulder.

She giggles a bit before saying "I'm actually not a dancer, although I do write them into my plays sometimes. I'm a writer, actually"She leans in even further and continues, "I'm from New York City, but its been too much hustle and bustle there lately. I need somewhere more peaceful, so I came here. You understand, I'm sure. What is it that you do?"

She puts her bag down on the chair next to her, and gestures to the chair on the other side for Martha to sit down. She giggles softly to herself because between the slight awkwardness first meetings always afford, and the Englishness of this girl, Diana is tempted to ask if she has any tea, for all the good it would do her. Maybe Martha would like it though. Who knows how she was connected to this place..

Martha Villiers

PRE

Watching Diana with an obvious admiration, Martha nods and listens. Her twin tails wobble as she listens and obediently takes the seat offered by Diana. Giggling along to match Diana and nodding cheerily at the wink, she tries in vain to emulate Diana's graceful seated posture. Sadly, her simple metal peg leg sticks out and her skirt rides a few inches up her slim legs. In a furtive gesture Martha tries to adjust her skirt and resists the urge to fuss with her peg leg.

Blinking, she listens attentively as Diana explains events. Nodding, her tails wobble and she coos in excitement as Diana explains she's a writer.
    "A writer? Goodness!" she enthuses. Rubbing her hand gently at where her knee once was, Martha adds, "Yes, ma'am, peace and quiet...I quite understand! Vital for writing! For myself, ma'am, I am a humble scholar..." she giggles, wide eyed, "I enjoy reading, oh... and playing the piano!" she chirps merrily.

"I should dearly love to hear about your writing, Art and adventures en route to California, ma'am!" she enthuses once more, her peg leg wobbles. Seemingly in time with her blinking.

Martha retains entranced eye contact with Diana.

V

Diana shifts in her seat to lean back now, settling in. She is still smiling but inwardly feeling frustrated. She'd never had to navigate a new domain before. Even in NYC, which had seemed much larger with its boroughs, she'd had her sire's guidance to lean on in the first few years.

She pulls her notebook out of her bag and opens it to a 2 page spread written on with black ink, but gone over again with red. It is clearly something she has edited a few times. She shows the page to Martha, but keeps the book in her hand. From the formatting and the sporadic stage directions, its clear that it is a play, and a romantic scene of some kind, but there isn't enough context to work out any sort of plot. "I can show you the rest when its finished, but this is what I was working on on my way over. I travelled by car because its much better that way I find. You can choose the exact hours you're travelling and not have to worry much over delays."

She smiles even wider and says "Scholars are really interesting. They're always very passionate about their fields. Still, academics isn't usually the interest you'd expect from someone who hangs out in an EDM club! Although you did say you like music. Is that what you study? History of the arts? If so, I'd really love to talk about theater history sometime. Although I guess we could talk about that anyways!" She tilts her head slightly and waits for a reply.

Martha Villiers

PRE

As Diana shares the notebook, Martha leans close to study it. Wide eyed, she peers at the pages over the rims of her spectacles. Clearly giving the pages the proper respectful attention and nodding as Diana explains matters.

Diana's mention of her car gets an immediate and enthused reply,
    "You drove? All that way... in an automobile? Please may I see your automobile at some point in time, ma'am?" she gasps. Seemingly part alarmed, part impressed. "Goodness!" she blinks and her tiny fingers briefly fuss with her spectacles.

"Ah, well, ma'am..." she smiles sweetly, recovering her cool over the matter of the car, "as much as I enjoy the music, I simply linger here as it is the Elysian Field of this Domain!" her hands mime a downward gesture as she adds, "but here, below, we are at least muffled from the music!" with a happy giggle, Martha continues, "I hope that here, below, I may be useful... in some small way..." tiny Martha smiles sweetly once more, adding;

"Hmm, well, I aspire to being a student of history, anthropology, culture and sociology, ma'am." Martha blinks. Eager and humble, her small hands fuss at her peg leg for a moment, her eyes steal a glance to Diana's shoes then back to Diana's entrancing eyes.

"However, I would love to talk with you about theatre! Especially and expert and practitioner of the Art, such as yourself, ma'am!" bright eyed, Martha seems genuine in her interest.

Folding her hands in her lap, she looks to Diana, eager to listen.

V

Relieved, Diana relaxes visibly. "So, i have come to the right place. I admit I was a bit worried. I'd written it all right here in my notebook," she pauses and looks as though she may have misspoken, "just the address of course, nothing else."

Trying not to look too eager, she looks over the petite Martha again. "So, you clearly have a position here then?" she asks.

Shit. This girl she'd been talking to may well be the keeper of elysium and she walked through the mortal area not even blushed. I mean, that hadn't stopped that boy from talking to her but she had best stop making such foolish mistakes already.

"Of course I'll show you my car! Do you not drive?" she asks, clearly surprised. The idea of not driving wasn't foreign to her, she knew several people who preferred the subway but here in Sacramento she'd expected everyone would drive.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread