Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
A new mystagogue in town.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Bigpaw @Miach
    Flidais approached the museum, at her side was a gorgeous and extremely well behaved German Shepherd. Attached to the dog was a leash and a sign saying "Service dog in training, please don't pat" before entering she refreshed the armour on her dog

Flidais entered and went to the receptionist, as part of the conversation she included the subtle hand gesture that indicated her as having gone through the first mystery initiation, if she was in the know and with the mysterium she may recognise it.

"I was told to meet Miach here, could you please direct us to him?"

Date Action Roll Result
    2015-07-22 05:57:04 Life armour on Puppy rolls 6 to Life + Gno (10 Again) 9, 9, 2, 5, 3, 3 2 successes
    2015-07-22 05:56:40 Life armour rolls 6 to Life + Gno + HS - 2 advanced duration (10 Again) 8, 10, 7, 6, 5, 10, 3, 4 3 successes
    2015-07-22 05:56:18 Life Sight rolls 6 to Life + Gno + HS - 2 advanced duration (10 Again) 2, 5, 6, 1, 10, 1, 10, 7 2 successes
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue
    Presence: 3 (Animalistic)

Miach

PRE

OOC

Miach

PRE

Walking from another direction came a tall, blonde man, going straight for the desk. He was fidgeting with a set of keys, eyeing them with what seemed like reverence. As he joined with the two women, he smiled more broadly, and greeted the woman and her dog.

"Flidais, thank you for coming." and he extended his hand.

"We can move to a more private office, along with your buddy if you'd like." and he crouched, looking at the dogs straight, offering his hand to the dog with confidence.

Puppy sits there staying aloof although she does subtly sniff the hand. "Puppy, introduce yourself." Flidais says in a cheerful but calm voice. In response Puppy holds put a paw as if to shake hands and says "Raa...Reee"

Flidais waits a beat for Miach to respond to Puppy before entering the conversation.

"Thanks for the invitation and sure, lead the way" before extending her hand to meet Miach's
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue

Miach

PRE

Playing with the dog with a broad smile - at least animals were always honest - Miach nearly reluctanly rose to get back to business. "Nice meeting you too, I'm Miach." he said to the German Sheperd.

"We'll be heading this way, then..." he said, and shook hands with Flidais firmly before heading toward offices on ground level. He hadn't gotten used yet to the Curator's office, and went instead toward the "Staff only" door. Passing by a couple of regular offices, the tall doctor quickly brought them to a bland door that he opened, and behind which was a spare office prepared for just such meetings.

It was nearly devoid of furnitures, because it was to be a workplace for the unintiated, eventually. Only those that were truly worthy would be lead to the Athenaeum.

Closing the door behind him, he went toward a coffee pot, and tilted his head. "Want some before we start ?" beside was a tray with plenty of sugar, and dehydrated cocoa.

Flidais followed along with a warm smile on her face, she always appreciated it when someone knew how to greet a dog. As they entered the room Flidais sat down, with puppy laying down next to her.

"Thanks for the offer but I will pass this time." as she spoke she did the hand sign that signifies to another mystagogue that she has undergone the first initiation.

"So what can I do for you? I haven't met Tyria yet, will she be coming as well?"
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue

Miach

PRE

The sign from the hand didn't go unnoticed, and Miach replied by holding his own coffee with a palm below the mug, and another well perpendicular holding it in place. "Sure." he said, smiling knowingly at the woman.

"What you can do for me is tell me how you came to find yourself in Sacramento, and what you used to do for us before ? What made you join the Mysterium ? As for Dr Primoria Casitive , she may or may not join us, at her leisure. She's been promoted, and I stepped up as a Curator in her stead." Weird, really... but true. While he wasn't used to leading mages, he was a leader in his chosen field, the ER room. Perhaps it would be good to remember it now...

Flidais blinked.

"Oh! Sorry curator, I thought Tyria was curator. As for your questions, I found my way here due to job opportunities as well as that I can't shake the feeling that the object of my prophecy is here. Previously I did a few things, I spent a bit of time collecting lore by listening to elders of various cultures and what ever they were willing to give and I do what ever I can as repayment. Recently I have been studying animal behaviour however that's still a bit early to report if there's any success. I also helped a few mages with training of pets, supplied guard dogs. I'm not officially a doctor or anything like that but I have also made study of human and animal bodies and can stitch them back together, although that's a bit less useful now considering what we can do with our will." Flidais absently let's her hand fall to Puppy's head and gives his ear a scratch whilst continuing to speak.

"As for why I joined, it's hard to say, our recruiter was pretty good looking" Flidais said with a mischievous twinkle in the eye. "It seemed like a place where my pack would fit, the values matched my own and the more time I spend a part of the Mysterium the more I know I made the right choice.
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue

Miach

PRE

It would take a bit of time for the word to spread, as well as for Miach to get accustomed to the idea. Curator. Responsible for the Mysterium. Keeper of the Athenaeum... Shaking his head slightly in denegation, he kindly assured Flidais that nothing was wrong.

"While your prophecy is your own, it's been given to you to move us all forward. If you need help, I'll gladly assist, of course." Unless it required she be alone, but that was a different story. And there was the matter of his own prophecy, of course.

She seemed to have had some experience with the life of a mystagogue. Good. She would need it here in Sacramento. "I hope you will find a way to put your skills to good use here in the River City. Otherwise, I'm confident I can help in that respect too." he said, smiling to to take out any potential sting from his words.

It was still too early to start bossing anyone around. "I take it you're an Archivist, then ?" he didn't like categorization overmuch, but sometimes it helped.

Flidais' lips almost pouted like a puppy might however her eyes remained as sharp and as keen as a Hawks.

"Archivist? Probably as far from it as possible. Whilst I respect books and write down what is interesting, I don't have a mind that can only use my eyes to read. I need to see, to hear, touch, smell experience the entirety of something, without that I feel that something is always going to be missing. I guess that puts me more on the Egregori side of things, however I never joined a faction. I also spend time, or used to before I came here, experimenting with my pack and what magic can do with them." She said explaining a bit of her philosophy on how she approaches understanding, knowledge and magic.

"As for prophecy, I do not know where to start, it was as vague as can be. As for putting my skills to use, It really looks like I need to join a cabal to really take part in this city, so I need to get to work on that I think"
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread