Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
(Blue Octavo) Crusing for Leads

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Finished texting, he slowly turned in a circle.

Just looking around, yo. Also? Whenever someone is talking to you, chances are they're looking at you.

See?

No camera.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

C
    Casitive

July gets the look. The Reverend has heard it all at this point: a lot of fancy words from well-meaning men who ultimately couldn't get it up or get it done. The former cop's attempt to ingratiate with the Neighborhood Defender, falls flat on its face. The look says it all and it's crossed with not a small amount of pity.

Barton trots back as though he's a teenager, running away from the school bathroom he smoked in, DSLR in hand. Over the yellow tape, Barton hands the camera back to the 'Sacramento Bee' photographer. “Hopefully, Boss didn't see, he doesn't like the media. Calls them Vultures. Lemme know if you find anything.

A glance at Arthur but without knowing who the man is, glosses over him.

M
    Matrixchild

July knew the look. He knew it very well in fact. He was great at beating a confession out of a probably guilty man but he needed work on gaining a person's trust through emotion. Not that he didn't feel things, in fact he meant everything he said, but his rough exterior and years of soul crushing experience with the realities of the world had beaten into the fact that you have to conceal your feelings from the world. That made it that much harder to relate to people, or at least show them that you can relate.

He put up his hands and took a step back. "Ok, I can take a hint. I'll be around if you change your mind," he said as he took a scrape of paper out of his pocket and wrote down a number. "I really do want to help." He doubted the man would call, but then again if he kept the paper he could always scry it later and listen in. Back-up plans.

Stepping back from the reverend he decided to take a different approach. If the protesters wouldn't tell him anything, maybe Fate would guide him to someone who will. He imagined the Imago, called out to Fate...and felt it fall on deaf ears. It would seem he was on his own tonight.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-09-08 08:18:51 July rolls 3 to Shifting the Odds (Gnos+Fate) (10 Again) 6, 1, 2 failure

-1 Mana

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Aw man, thanks. You rock."

Deft hands took the camera and quickly slung it over a shoulder. Then splayed out wide.

"If Molina or anyone else looks over, I am acting like,"
    a finger thumped a chest, "I cannot believe," stabbed at Barton, "You will not let a," finger quotes, "Vulture in that," pointing at the house, "Crime Scene."

Cover your ace, but cover your buddy, too.

"Totally, I will. I'll get out of your hair. Thanks again. I'm gonna skirt the edges like I'm trying to get something, anything. Cool?"
    - Roald Dahl

Arthur

Obrimos of the Silver Ladder

Presence 4 - Cocky
    Striking Looks 2 - Slick Smile

Reality War -Titanic Ep1: H: 1rB/7 M:7/12:3, W:5/5

+1
    SL
    PRE

Fingers squeeze against Arthur's face when he sees Star do a slow circle without his camera. "Fuck" Well there goes that. ..though that is Star's camera being handed back to him. Maybe the officer saw the blood.

Arthur's fingers slide from his face to rest against the car. A second later and they start to beat out a slow tap tap tap tap on the car. It may work, but Star and July are here. Not to mention the Lex is pretty damn clear. Don't do stupid.

Damn it.
    Arthur, Obrimos of the Silver Ladder, SL2 (Slick Smile), Pres 4 (Cocky)

C
    Casitive

Barton shrugs at Star, denoting he's cool with the skirting around the edges of the crime scene. The younger police-officer has some things to do and a puzzle to solve himself. Each murder is another failure of theirs to 'protect and serve.'

Barton never signed up for any of this, though.

He walks off, checking his phone and frowning at the figure of his superior glowering at one of the CSI men.

Anything else anyone here wants to do, speak now or forever hold your piece.

Arthur

Obrimos of the Silver Ladder

Presence 4 - Cocky
    Striking Looks 2 - Slick Smile

Reality War -Titanic Ep1: H: 1rB/7 M:7/12:3, W:5/5

+1
    SL
    PRE

Back and forth Arthur's head bops softly as he weighs pros and cons. Pros, maybe find another insane rambling from the crazy bastard who did this. Maybe find something else. Cons, nothing there, the Guardians may go all Guardian or the Consilium may find out.

And the Consilium having one of its Heralds break Secrecy at a crime scene would be bad. It would shake the trust in the Consilium if one of their officers doesn't follow the rules.

Fingers continue to beat out a pattern against the car as Arthur waits for the Guardians to finish up. Who would be up for this...
    Arthur, Obrimos of the Silver Ladder, SL2 (Slick Smile), Pres 4 (Cocky)

M
    Matrixchild

Without the guidance of Fate July wander back over to where Arthur was standing. "Apparently I look too much like a cop for the protesters." He shrugged his shoulders. They could always check the place over when the crowds and cops had left. He wanted to ask what Arthur had found out, but they were still in public so he waited.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Skirting it is.

Here and there, just to get a look, and put on a show for Molina. Plus? Running back to the car with Those Other Two Guys was kind of suspicious. Meandering back over after five or ten minutes? Much better.

Meandering it is.

"'Sup guys. They got things locked up, looks like this makes everything upgraded to Serial. I got some pics."
    A sneaker kicked a tire. "Dude. Open the car. Let's roll."

"What did you guys get?"

Because Highly Effective Individuals.
    - Roald Dahl

M
    Matrixchild

July unlocked the car and got inside. Once they were both in he responded to Star. "Well since both of you went to talk to the detectives I tried to work the protesters. They don't trust the police, think nothing'll get done to protect them. Didn't bite my request for more information, apparently looking like a cop hurt me. Anyway that's what I got unfortunately, that they'd rather fix things themselves, not that they can. What about you two?"

​He should have tried to talk to Barton after Arthur seemed to strike out. It probably would have made more sense that way, but live and learn.

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.