Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
(Blue Octavo) Crusing for Leads

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Hey, it happens.

Some people like a third. Not everyone. For sure. Some don't.

"Ummmm. This may be a dumb question? Any chance she was, I don't, uh. I feel weird saying it. Rlated? Maybe their daughter?"

That happens, too. Everyone has parents. Parents? Don't. Go. There.

Focus.

"I mean, that would fit the other one. Then it would make sense, if the perp cased the place. So maybe it wasn't random. I'm sorry. I know, you probably thought of that. Sorry. Sorry. Sometimes I just think out loud."
    Most random things? Aren't.

"Is there, uh..."
    Lower that voice. Move a little closer. Remember Molina. "Any chance I could see it? The writing. An extra set of eyes, since I saw the first one? Maybe there's a pattern."

Because Atlantean.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

C
    Casitive

Barton shrugs, “Don't know. Won't know till the Lab-Coats get back to us with an ID of the Jane Doe.” An apologetic look slides across to Star. Barton isn't trying to stone-wall, it's just that they both are stone-walled by bureaucracy, evidence chains, and methods that will end up failing in the end.

But, since this murderer is about to get elevated to 'Serial' there's gotta be something linking them together.

The police-officer gets a brainwave and asks, “Have your camera?

Meanwhile, Molina stares at Arthur and continues to stare before he turns away from the 'gentrifying business owner.' Evidently, the question is not worth the Detective's time. He calls out, gruffly, “Call External Affairs.

July gets stared at as though he has grown a third eye, at least that's the feeling the Acanthus might get. He stands out like a sore thumb. The Reverend looks at him with a bit of Pity and approaches him, “They won't say anything to you, even if they did.” A polite way of saying that he just isn't trusted.

M
    Matrixchild

A soft chuckle left July's lips and he shook his head. "Ironic," he said to the reverend, "people come out to protest violence and then don't want to talk to people interested in stopping it. I'm obviously former law enforcement, not afraid to say it, but sitting around and yelling isn't catching whoever did this. If you know anything, I ask that you tell me because I want to get this, pardon my french, asshole before someone else gets hurt. Please."

He spoke with authority but his eyes were pleading for assistance. July was stern and serious, but he did what he did because he cared about sleepers and cared about what happened to them. He had to do what he could to protect them from magic abusers.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Oh, ummmmm, sure."

That's new. A hand dropped to the heavy black DSLR and wheeled it around on the strap up and over the mop.

"Here?"

Maybe that's what Molina said. That gruff, dead voice, growling about That Fool Photographer, Make Sure He Doesn't Take Pictures. It's all good. This? It's an Illusion. No one's here for The Bee.

Eyes flickered over to the house.

Lab coats? Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe there was a bedroom. Hers, not theirs. Maybe it was still furnished, or maybe it was Recently Converted into a Bizarre Hobby Room.

Parents know.

If you're coming back. If you're not.
    - Roald Dahl

Arthur

Obrimos of the Silver Ladder

Presence 4 - Cocky
    Striking Looks 2 - Slick Smile

Reality War -Titanic Ep1: H: 1rB/7 M:7/12:3, W:5/5

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nostrils flare as Detective Molina brushes off Michael. Fucking fuck. Arthur glares at the back of Molina's head for breathes before turning and stalking back to the car. Back against a passenger door Arthur stands and watches the scene unfold. Fingers twitch as thoughts of Imagos flow through Arthur's mind. Jack is talking with the not asshole and Jim's talking with the others.

Finally one clicks, why not? The Imago forms and Arthur lets it loose into the Tapestry, wiggling towards the CSIs to let him hear in.

5 successes to Influence Sound
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-08-31 13:47:33 Arthur rolls 5 to Cruising - Influence Sound (CSI talk, -2pen) (10 Again) 8, 7, 10, 10, 8, 6, 9 5 successes
    Arthur, Obrimos of the Silver Ladder, SL2 (Slick Smile), Pres 4 (Cocky)

C
    Casitive

Sound is not ephemeral, it is not a phantom that both exists and doesn't. It is tangible and malleable, by those who have the will and the understanding to do so. For them, sound is a river that flows and like any river, it can be directed. Arthur wills it and the river of sound obeys.

... fucking crazy.” One exasperated CSI says to the other.

I'm getting too fucking old for this shit,” the other says with an edge of anger.

No one deserves what happened to the Jane Doe.” The first says with a sense of journalistic sympathy in his voice.

Ripping out the heart, smearing her blood on the alley wall? I don't even know what the hell.

Barton takes the camera, looks it over and walks off telling Star that he'll be right back. There's enough time for Star to survey the landscape, and the ripple of magic crawls up the Guardian's spine. Another who feels the ripple of reality changing is July.

The fact you are former law-enforcement,” the reverend says, “is why they won't trust you. You need to understand who they are and approach them on their terms. You won't get anything done if you just power-pose all day and expect people to trust you. In this world, law-enforcement aren't trusted. Even former.” A pause as the Reverand shifts on his weight adding, “Law Enforcement does the song-and-dance but they don't usually get anything done here. They'd,” a significant look to the group, “rather do it themselves.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Bro.

That's... Well. For starters? That's Asp's camera. Or Ermon's. Who knew how their arrangement worked? Either way....

Oh, snap.

An Angel can actually make a light bulb appear over their head. Not now. But imagine it. Maybe Molina banned a Photographer, but not a Photograph.

Not as good as sensing pricklies, but better than nothing.

A half turn, and eyes flickered over to The Other Two.

Awwwww yeah.

Get the Intel.
    - Roald Dahl

M
    Matrixchild

July felt the ripple and turned to look for the source, acting as if something caught his attention, which it did. He used that moment to imagine the spell and seek out fate to guide him in his questioning of the man of the cloth. "Sorry about that, I thought someone called my name."

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-09-02 20:47:03 July rolls 3 to Perfect Moment (Fate+Gnosis) (10 Again) 8, 7, 9 2 successes

Having felt its effects he turned back and listened to the man's explanation of the way the neighborhood worked. He took off his head and relaxed before speaking. "I may not look it, but I understand reverend. I grow up in a neighborhood just like this, the kind where our law was the only law. Police didn't even want to come around, hoped we'd kill each other and solve the problem for them. I quick being a cop because I wanted to make a real difference in this world, not just put on a badge and say I'm doing good. I'd really appreciate if you could help me help this neighborhood. I can assure you I'm not singin' or dancin' I want to stop this guy any way I can."

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-09-02 20:52:22 July rolls 3 to Chat the rev up (Man-Soc(untrained)+PM) (10 Again) 7, 4, 5 failure

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Oh, right.

Phone.
    - Roald Dahl

Arthur

Obrimos of the Silver Ladder

Presence 4 - Cocky
    Striking Looks 2 - Slick Smile

Reality War -Titanic Ep1: H: 1rB/7 M:7/12:3, W:5/5

+1
    SL
    PRE

Blood rushes from Arthur's face leaving his skin even paler. The fuck people. Who the fuck.. Shaking his head Arthur takes several breaths. Nothing like reality to bring you down from anger.

Whatever this is, obviously it's not human anymore, its messed up. What is smeared though? Actually smeared or another fucked up message? Another Imago forms and Arthur lets it loose into the world. Sound just another part of the Lie.

Raising a hand to fake a yawn Arthur whispers, hoping Star will hear over the noise of the crowd. "Try to get a picture of the alley wall near the body"

2 successes to direct the whisper to Star
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-09-04 10:21:36 Arthur rolls 7 to Cruising - Influence Sound @ Star Gno+Forces (10 Again) 1, 8, 9, 2, 5, 5, 4 2 successes
    Arthur, Obrimos of the Silver Ladder, SL2 (Slick Smile), Pres 4 (Cocky)

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.