Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Be Right Back

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Lynn Mills

Lynn frowned for a moment, tapping her finger on the table as she tried to recast her request in normal terms. She'd thought that they'd be doing the rest of this back at his shop.

"Well, if you think of it that way, I'd say that these daggers would be . . . part of the shadows, like something you'd see at darkest midnight." Her voice warmed a bit as she started to have fun with the idea. "No gleam would ever betray them or the one who wields them."

2. Likes CyledyrWyllt liked this post

Marcus Evan

PRE

The metalflesh nods as he listens to the nightsinger describe what she desires.

"Right. I think that gives me a good idea of what you might like. I could pattern weld the decorative throwing knives with a darker cast than usual to give them a realistic shadowy appearance. It will almost look like I hammered real shadows right into the metal."

Marcus gives Lynn a knowing smile as he continues.

"As for the larger knife, I could do something similar, and even add a few more special touches since there will be more material to work with. If that sounds all right to you, I just need to know how many smaller knives you need and how long of a blade you would like on the bigger one. I mean, are we talking about a letter opener or a machete?"

After giving the darkling a wink, the elemental glances at the theatrical fairest next and raises his eyebrows.

"How about you, Coco? What was it you needed?"

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

The aforementioned Claviger had been making a show of studying her nails as the others talked, but as she was hailed her hands dropped and she turned to fully face the pair.

"Thank you for asking, Marcus. As it happens, I would also like to purchase a gift for a friend," Coco pronounced, shooting a look at the violinist before turning back to the smith.

"Of course, it has also been long since I've owned an authentic, functional, yet decorative blade. A rapier in the french style. I am a fencer you see, and though I have what I need, one must never settle for having a limited collection, as I'm sure you agree. If I were to describe such a blade as though I were to see it in a dream, then I would say it would be a length of steel so bright that it seemed to remember the heat which forged it, and it would be keen beyond belief before reaching the ricasso and then an interwoven hilt which ends in a pommel resembling a wasp...Of course, being the craftsman, I'm sure you'll be able to alter such a vision into something practical. As for the gift, just a shield for Bohannon. Nothing as enchanting, I'm afraid, but definitely serviceable steel."
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

5. Likes CyledyrWyllt liked this post

Marcus Evan

PRE

The elemental nods at the fairest's description of the sword she would like and give a slight shrug when she mentions the shield for Ramona.

"I could etch some flames along the length of the blade that would almost appear to dance like living flame... and I think I have an idea or two regarding the pommel that you might like. As for the shield, since it's for Ramona, I'm fairly sure that I can come of with something that would meet her approval. I can start work on any custom orders after I receive half down as a deposit on materials. Excuse me for just a moment, ladies."

Marcus walks away from the table to pick up his sandwich at the counter, leaving the two women alone for a moment.

7. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Sooooooo," Coco drawled, turning lazily to Lynn.

"Throwing knives. For Morgan. A touching present. Nothing says friendship like bestowing potential instruments of murder. I would be certainly touched by such a gift," the Claviger expressed, placing a hand lazily on her breastbone.

"I'm glad to see the two of you are bonding so well. It can most certainly be difficult when so many survivors like us have emotional baggage. It truly takes an understanding friend to see past that and still appreciate you as a person."
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

9. Likes CyledyrWyllt liked this post

Lynn Mills

Unfortunately for Lynn, Marcus made his escape too quickly for her to follow. She took a deep breath before looking over at Coco and managing a cool smile.

"Anything can be an instrument of murder, even something as simple as a cruel word." Lynn shrugged and laced her fingers over one knee. "You would think that anybody who's lived through what we have, would understand that."

"You have a temper, Ms. Tascioni. One that you have no compunction of letting loose on whoever happens to be in front of you. I truly wonder if you're happy working security in our little gardening club," the closest she could reference Coco's position in the Spring court, "or if you'd prefer to be working with Marcus and Ramona."

11. Likes CyledyrWyllt liked this post

The elemental sits back down in his chair and politely ignores the food he places on the table in front of him until he has settled any and all business the two ladies wished to conduct. He glances between the two as he addresses them both with the same question.

"So, what you think? Do we have a deal?"

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Coco's Mien

Mantle:

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

The Wasp had been about to reply, her lips parting to perhaps deliver such a killing word, but alas, Marcus' arrival forestalled whatever she had been about to say and she abated until the Metalflesh had spoken. Then, her eyes tracked towards Lynn, though images of both the Lost opposite her were reflected in separate facets of the Wasp's eyes.

"Consider the deal struck, Marcus. You shall have your payment, but before I turn it over to you indulge me for a moment, if you will. As a man who's walked in violent circles, why do you think that our society seems to be so less accepting of anger than it is of, say, fear? I've seen people almost literally climbing the walls," she clarified with a smirk, "when some past trauma rears its head, and we all just nod understandingly and help calm them down. But, in my experience, when that trauma might inspire anger, that person is as soon condemned as they are anything else. What might account for this?"

Lynn Mills

"The difference is that you're hurting people, Ms. Tascioni. If you cared at all, you'd be making some effort to change your ways, or at least make amends to the people you've wounded. Since that's not happening," Lynn shrugged her shoulders, her voice still calm and even. She was obviously past the use of innuendo and sly words. Something needed to be said and twere well it were done quickly, so to speak.

Turning her head, she addressed Marcus. "That sounds good to me. Please let me know when it's time for me to contribute the rest of my half, and I'll be there." Reaching into her jacket pocket produced an envelope which she placed on the table. She'd researched how much the materials would cost before hand and come prepared. "Until then, have a lovely afternoon."

Lynn nodded briefly to Marcus and stood, carefully swinging her fiddle onto her shoulder.

"And Ms. Tascioni. If you truly wish to find help with your anger, you might want to consider some of the Buddha's teachings. He understood how to deal with emotions. I believe there's a temple on Riverside Boulevard."

Digging her hands into her pockets, Lynn quietly made her way down the aisle, quickly becoming lost in the crowd.

Unless either Coco or Marcus stops her, Lynn exists the scene

15. Likes Cayce, CyledyrWyllt liked this post

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus realizes that he obviously missed something. He casts a brief glance at his sandwich as he ponders Coco's question. However, the elemental ends up simply nodding to Lynn as she stands up and leaves her payment on the table before having a parting shot at the fairest.

"I'll be in touch."

Turning back to the wasp, the metal man shrugs as he folds Lynn's envelope and places it in his pocket. The summer courtier tries his level best not to appear amused by the two women's rather amateurish attempts at displaying their wrath. Regardless, the heat of his mantle seems to pulse in sympathy with their emotions.

"I think it depends on the person... and the circumstances. Just like fear, sadness, or desire, anger can be a source of strength when it is focused and controlled... or a great weakness when it is allowed free reign. I've personally seen a few... important men... destroy themselves because they did not keep their wrath in check. They just let it burn. While the same could be said for any strong emotion, I also think many people are less forgiving of an angry outburst since it tends to cause more immediate damage than any of the others."

Not like cold sorrow... that's the slow, soft killer that hamstrings you when you aren't looking.

Marcus hopes his answer gives Coco some sort of consolation. After all, he's hungry.

17. Likes Cayce liked this post
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread