Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Be Right Back

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Marcus Evan

PRE

Since many customers tend to stop in at Quicksilver Gate on their lunch breaks, Marcus always tries to eat his own midday meal a bit early. After placing a sign on his counter informing any potential customers that he will "Be Right Back", the metalflesh heads downstairs to one of his favorite sandwich spots. Walking up to the deli counter in the middle of the farmer's market, the elemental places his order for one of Pastoral's famous triple-decker club sandwiches with a side of their awesome curried mayo potato salad. After selecting an interesting bottle of locally made soda, Marcus pays for his food and stuffs a couple of bills in the tip jar before having a seat at one of the small tables. Glancing up at his stall, the metalflesh finds himself admiring the Gate's open layout, for what must be the hundredth time. He really appreciates the fact that he can come down here and eat his lunch in relative peace while still keeping an eye on his stall. Marcus once again admits to himself that Gianna really must look at things from pretty much every angle as he pours his drink into a glass of ice. He examines the dark color of his beverage for a moment before trying a sip.

Hmm... so, that's what sarsaparilla tastes like. It's good, but pretty much the same as root beer.

2. Likes Cayce liked this post

Lynn Mills

Lynn made her way down the aisles of the Quicksilver Gate, admiring the stalls as she went. For once she had a bit of cash and time to spend and she was hoping that one of the Freehold's metal smiths would be available.

The sign left out proved that while Marcus might be there, he was obviously off doing something else. Lynn stared at the sign for a moment, tapping her finger on one hip before glancing around in the hopes that he was on his way. When the metalflesh didn't magically appear, she simply sighed and wandered over to the balcony, propping her chin on one fist and watching over the crowd of people wandering about. She had time to wait, after all.

The elemental watches the darkling wander over to the balcony from his stall. Raising his hand and waving to get her attention, Marcus beckons Lynn to come downstairs and join him.

Lynn Mills

The movement catching her attention, Lynn waved back and made her way to the stairs, working her way down and over to Marcus. Nodding her head at him and pulling a seat over, Lynn sat down, grinning at Marcus.
    "Lovely day, don't you think?" She swung her fiddle case down to rest by her feet. "Business been good?"

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

The distinctive tapping of a cane against the ground kept Coco company as she strolled through the Quicksilver Gate, a few small bags containing the impulse purchases she'd picked up so far hanging from the crook of her other arm. They were nothing expensive, nothing that would get in the way of the real purchase she'd come to make today, just a few interesting nick-knacks that had caught her eye. For, even though she hadn't come to idly browse and shop, there was no sense in not peeking into a few interesting places while she was there. She was definitely glad that she had, too, when she finally approached the stall she'd originally had in mind and saw that the proprietor was away. At least with the few trinkets she'd picked up the trip wouldn't be an entire waste.

So, with a dramatic shrug and sigh, Coco turned away and prepared to make her way towards an exit, but the turn brought another sight into view, that being the vision of Marcus and Lynn sitting together at a table near a sandwich stall. Her steps paused, the cane frozen at the zenith of the brief arc it took between contact with the ground. Was this...more than just two people socializing together. Might this be something that had been planned? An attempt at finding what both had lost at least once before? Might Marcus be someone, a man, rather, that Lynn was interested in? He had been the paramour of Aaren Eloi, a woman who had shown exquisite taste in all that she did, so there was clearly something about the Summer that appealed to someone with those proclivities.

Of course, what did it matter? Perhaps they were together, or perhaps they weren't. Regardless, there was a piece of business that Coco had in mind, and now that she saw the person it concerned she would go about it. That thought in mind, Coco descended towards where the two other Lost sat, walking and tapping along with purpose.

"Good day to you both," she greeted as she approached. "Would you mind if I join you? There was something I wished to speak with Marcus about."
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

Lynn Mills

Lynn let out the faintest of sighs before turning to look at the newcomer, shoulders just a bit braced. "Hello Ms. Tascioni." Her manner was cool and chillingly polite. "Please, feel free to join us. I was hoping for the chance to speak with Marcus about a purchase, I imagine you're here for the same reason?"

8. Likes Cayce liked this post

Marcus Evan

PRE

The elemental smiles as the darkling joins him and then shrugs and nods rather noncommittally to her questions.

"Alright, Lynn? Business has been okay, I guess. Could always be a bit busier. Idle hands, and all that..."

Since she had just been looking at his stall upstairs, Marcus is about to ask Lynn if she needs anything in particular when they are joined by Coco. Although the elemental isn't usually one to pick up on such minor social cues, something about the darkling's reaction gives him a hint that the fairest's sudden appearance might not be one-hundred-percent welcome. He looks back and forth between the women for a moment before he speaks.

"Alright, Coco? Pull up a chair. If Lynn doesn't mind, I certainly don't. So, what did you ladies wish to speak to me about?"

Despite addressing both of them, Marcus turns his attention back towards Lynn as he speaks. After all, she had approached him first.

First come, first serve...

Sense Lynn's Discomfort: 1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-07-27 09:34:00 Marcus Evan rolls 3 to Wits + Empathy(Untrained) (10 Again) 8, 2, 5 1 success

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Wonderful, Marcus!" Coco replied with a burst of false cheer as she pulled out a chair with her foot and then lounged back upon it.

"Simply wonderful. How could I be anything but when I've happened to run into Madame Mills, again," she continued aiming an annoyingly large smile at the violinist. "Of course, you'll want to do your business first. I understand, perfectly. Proceed! I shall not stop you."
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

Lynn Mills

Lynn let out a nearly invisible sigh. She'd been looking forwards to doing a little Christmas shopping, now it was most likely going to be ruined by Coco's sharp words. Since the Wasp had already made clear her feeling about Lynn's friend, the idea of Lynn buying something for her friends was likely going to set off yet another tirade.

"I was hoping to make two separate purchases. A set of throwing knives as a Christmas gift for Morgan. And a long knife or dagger for myself. Both of them with the 'finishing touches' that only a craftsman such as yourself can manage." Leaning back, Lynn spread her hands. "I've certainly the funds to pay for such endeavors. Or if you like, I can aid you in some other endeavor in exchange." She shrugged slightly. "Whichever you happen to be in need of at the moment."

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus leans back and nods as Lynn explains what she is seeking. After she finishes, he leans forward slightly as he speaks.

"Morgan actually purchased a set of knives from me a little while ago. She's probably about due for an upgrade."

The elemental smiles as he gives Lynn a wink and asks for a bit more detail.

"I try to give every item I craft a unique and personal feel to it. Maybe you could describe the knives to me as if you saw them in a dream. If they could be made out of anything at all... no matter how fantastic or outlandish... what would you want? I know it might sound a bit silly, but it's a good creative exercise for me to get a better idea of what you might like."

Besides, it would make their conversation sound less odd to any norms that might overhear.

13. Likes Cayce liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread