Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(FOS 2015) Capture the Flag: Red Team

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus holds out a blue flag to Nathan and Gregory.

"Alright? Well gents, it looks like we're hiding this one. I'm honestly not much of a sneaker, so if either of you thinks you'd do a better job, you're welcome to take point."

Sizing each of them up, the elemental tries his best to guess at their strengths and weaknesses in term of the competition ahead of them.

"I do know one thing. It might not be a bad idea for us to swear a teamwork pledge in order to give us a bit more luck. What do you say?"

Marcus is thinking that a bit of that old fae adroitness might just come in handy.

Presence • (Part of the Scenery)
    Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Hunching over, the man appears in his forties if not older. His hair is disheveled, his expression bizarre between glee or malice. His frame is thin and clothes ragged or stained, smelling worn and unwashed.
    Mein

His skin is gray like stone and his features more exaggerated, his eyes more set apart. Wings curl around his shoulders, unusable but expressive, as is his short tail. Horns adorn his brow and curl along the contour of his skull. He is what many would describe to be a gargoyle.

Seeing Nathan, Gregory nods respectfully to the man who he considered an ally, both in the capturing of flags and otherwise.

"Nathan, how fortuitous that we be matched, though red be not my color. After this contest I wish to speak with you on a matter. But for now let us win this."

Gregory narrows his large eyes and grins a cruel smile as he says this. He then turns to Marcus who offers the flag to them. Gregory takes it in hand.

"I be a fair sneaker, good enough for hiding myself when necessary. I shall take point. Your suggestion too sounds most clever. Let us take the pledge as you say."

Gregory makes ready to swear anew.

3. Likes CyledyrWyllt liked this post
    Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

To human eyes he looks slightly taller than average, with a lean, athletic build. His brown skin gives away his Mohawk ancestry, complementing his equally brown eyes and dark hair. He displays a military-styled haircut, shorter to the sides, and sports a few scars across his body and a particularly visible one in the form of claw marks across his face and neck. A very intense scent of forest, a mixing of pine needles, tree sap, and animal fur, characterizes him.
    Mien

Those who can see through the Mask observe black-and-white feathers to the sides of his face, that fuse seamlessly with his skin and hairline and close to his golden eyes. His teeth are unusually sharp, displaying fangs that are hard to categorize as belonging to a specific predator, although they most closely resemble a wolf's or some other canine's.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He's pretty damn satisfied with his teammates. He knows he can count on Greg, and though a new acquaintance the Summer Courtier looks more than capable. I hope I'm up to par. He brushes his hands against the sides of his jeans, excited, and nods at the Gargoyle's words. He wondered for a moment what was it he wanted to talk about, but decided that was a matter for another time. For now, the competition.

"Sounds good to me," he says to Marcus' suggestion. "Something else that might come in handy — I can give you guys an edge, just a bit of luck for the road. Might make whatever you plan to do a bit easier."

Ever since his Durance he had discovered a knack for manipulating chances. It had something to do with the Hunt, he had no doubt. Everything happened for a reason, now didn't it? He took a look at the flag.

"Where are we putting that, by the way?"

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus hands the flag over to Gregory and nods his head thoughtfully after both of his teammates agree to the idea of swearing a pledge.

"I promise to watch both of your backs and do all I can to help us win a victory for our team. I'll try to be faster and sneakier than usual today, and shame on me if I give less than one-hundred percent. This is what I pledge to you and all I expect in return."

When Nathan asks where they are going to hide it, the elemental points in the distance, away from the fire pit.

"Somewhere out there."

Crimson Companions

Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Hunching over, the man appears in his forties if not older. His hair is disheveled, his expression bizarre between glee or malice. His frame is thin and clothes ragged or stained, smelling worn and unwashed.
    Mein

His skin is gray like stone and his features more exaggerated, his eyes more set apart. Wings curl around his shoulders, unusable but expressive, as is his short tail. Horns adorn his brow and curl along the contour of his skull. He is what many would describe to be a gargoyle.

"And I promise to assist in this victory for our team. To try to conceal that which we want hidden and to be light on my feet. And shame on me if I do anything but my very best," Gregory swears.

To Nathan he says, "We may wish to criss cross our paths and confuse any efforts to track our route to where the flag will lay. Our Wyrds too may leave signs within the Hedge of our passing, but with the many here tonight it may not be of issue. All that we need do is find a hiding spot and mask its presence."

Crimson Companions

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus pointedly looks at Nathan for a minute or two while he waits for the beast to seal the pledge he had just said he thought would be a good idea a minute ago. However, the elemental soon shrugs his shoulders and decides not to wait on him any longer in order to aid Gregory in hiding the flag.

"Right."

Marcus pretends to take the flag from Gregory before leading a merry goose chase over towards the far end of the hollow. He acts like he is hiding the flag in another spot in order to throw their competition off the scent. Hopefully his teammates can take advantage of his distraction in order to hide the real flag.

5 suxx for teamwork roll to hide flag
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-07-23 23:49:38 [03] Marcus Evan rolls 6 to Intelligence + Larceny + Pledge (10 Again) 9, 3, 1, 6, 3, 6 1 success
    2015-07-23 23:49:38 [02] Marcus Evan rolls 6 to Intelligence + Larceny + Pledge (10 Again) 6, 1, 2, 6, 3, 10, 4 1 success
    2015-07-23 23:49:38 [01] Marcus Evan rolls 6 to Intelligence + Larceny + Pledge (10 Again) 10, 5, 3, 5, 9, 9, 7 3 successes

8. Likes Gwydden, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

To human eyes he looks slightly taller than average, with a lean, athletic build. His brown skin gives away his Mohawk ancestry, complementing his equally brown eyes and dark hair. He displays a military-styled haircut, shorter to the sides, and sports a few scars across his body and a particularly visible one in the form of claw marks across his face and neck. A very intense scent of forest, a mixing of pine needles, tree sap, and animal fur, characterizes him.
    Mien

Those who can see through the Mask observe black-and-white feathers to the sides of his face, that fuse seamlessly with his skin and hairline and close to his golden eyes. His teeth are unusually sharp, displaying fangs that are hard to categorize as belonging to a specific predator, although they most closely resemble a wolf's or some other canine's.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nathan is musing the logistics of a good luck charm when he notices Marcus glaring his way. He snaps out of it and shakes his head. Rusty. Just what I feared. He needed to be more clearheaded than that if he didn't want to let the others down.

"Yeah, sorry. I swear to do my best to help us achieve victory, use all the speed and subtlety I can muster to get through this thing. And if I don't, I'll be deserving of the appropriate scorn and sanction."

Crimson Companions

He nodded to Gregory and shot a look his way, bending his full height over him so it seemed like he was taking the flag off his hands before running off in the opposite direction Marcus did.

5 suxx for teamwork roll to hide the flag
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-07-24 14:17:31 [03] Nathan rolls 5 to Intelligence + Stealth+ Pledge (10 Again) 3, 9, 8, 7, 3 2 successes
    2015-07-24 14:17:31 [02] Nathan rolls 5 to Intelligence + Stealth+ Pledge (10 Again) 3, 3, 3, 5, 9 1 success
    2015-07-24 14:17:31 [01] Nathan rolls 5 to Intelligence + Stealth+ Pledge (10 Again) 10, 4, 8, 1, 1, 2 2 successes

OOC

ST Edit: 4 suxx after subtracting a die due to miscalculation of dice pool.

Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Mein

Hide the Flag | 12suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-07-24 14:50:52 [03] Gregory rolls 11 to hide the flag! [INT+Stealth+Pledge(2)+Teamwork(3)] (10 Again) 9, 10, 7, 1, 5, 4, 4, 4, 6, 6, 6, 9 3 successes
    2015-07-24 14:50:21 [02] Gregory rolls 10 to hide the flag! [INT+Stealth+Pledge(2)+Teamwork(2)] (10 Again) 1, 9, 8, 9, 9, 8, 1, 5, 10, 3, 7 6 successes
    2015-07-24 14:49:47 [01] Gregory rolls 13 to hide the flag! [INT+Stealth+Pledge(2)+Teamwork(5)] (10 Again) 1, 9, 5, 2, 6, 1, 8, 6, 7, 4, 6, 8, 6 3 successes
    And the game is on. As Marcus and Nathan begin the charade, Gregory creeps out of sight, using the terrain of the Hollow campgrounds to mask his movements as he searches diligently for a hiding spot to hide the treasured flag. Foliage is still prevalent around the campground enough where Gregory can locate a mess of overturned roots from a fallen tree-like plant growth. A cavity between them creates for an obscured niche for which he decides to stuff the flag into. After which it's just a matter of backtracking and hiding his trail.

ST Edit: 10 suxx after subtracting dice due to miscalculation of dice pool.

The metalflesh meets up with his teammates after they have all done their part to hide the blue team's flag. Nodding in approval. Marcus thinks they did a pretty good job.

"Well lads, I'd say that was well done. Did either of you want to direct the search for our flag, or shall I take the lead on that?"

Although the elemental wouldn't begrudge either of his teammates the opportunity to captain the search party, he considers himself to be fairly observant when it comes to finding things in the hedge. While he waits for his companions to decide, Marcus watches the nearby group telling stories around the fire and decides to make use of his agreement with Hearth as he watches the dancing lights and shadows cast by the flickering flames.

Marcus spends 1 Glamour to invoke Contract of Hearth: Favored Fate.

Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

He notices Marcus drawing a bit of fortune from the Wyrd and smiles, following suit. This would make things easier. Lady Luck didn't like it when her attentions were abused, but maybe if it was two different suitors instead of one she would be more lenient.

"I say you go on and lead the way."

He was more comfortable following orders, although that's not something he would share with just anyone. He watches the other teams, wondering what they were up to. He flexes his fingers in anticipation. He would have to act quickly, but if one of the others found their flags he would try and jinx them. He had tried it before and boy, could it be a confusing moment for everyone.

-1 Glamour to activate Favored Fate on self.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread