Ended
Watch

Meeting David

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Martha Villiers

PRE

Six months ago her reaction was different. Very different. Martha had had chance to reflect on her behavior before and how she'd then bristled with arrogant indignation at David's handling of Tenure.

That was then.

With a fresh perspective of new maturity, Martha simply demurely nodded her understanding and agreement.

"Thank you, Priscus. I look forward to discussing Tenure." she rubbed at her peg leg and, with widened eyes, noted that David seemed to take an attentive interest in her...

Her supernatural aura easily resisted his cursory inspection.

Unsure as to what had stimulated his study of her, she quickly added;

"I am, Priscus, as ever, ready and willing to aid you in your work in the Domain and the Ordo Dracul." she smiled once more. Her peg leg wiggled. Reacting to her sudden fidgeting

"Are there any other developments that I ought to be familiar with, sir? Any dangers and threats to be alert to, sir?" she asks with a breezy cheeriness, keen to keep the tone and tempo of their meeting upbeat.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

C
    Casitive

I appreciate that,” David replies to Martha's pledge and assurance of aid. While it is true that he appreciates it, it's an appreciation of a cautious sort. Many people, including Martha and Tracy, have said the same thing. David put his faith and his hope into those statements; but up to now the words have proven empty. Up to now, it has been him left carrying the cross. The Shadow isn't sure how much longer he can do that.

It's been almost a year and David still feels as though he is spinning his wheels.

Hildegarde and I have kept the proverbial lights on with the Order,” Change comes even to the Order and the tide has gone out. “As far as anything else, you are familiar with it already. I haven't come across anything particularly new, yet.” Stability, so valued for their kind, seems apparent. No real changes have occurred. But how much of that stability is just a mask, hiding a shadow war for a Domain.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Nodding, Martha clearly understands. Her hands reached for her cane, but withdrew when recalling she'd left it at the hat check.

"I understand, sir. I appreciate the time you are taking to answer my questions. Might I, perhaps, help you with anything this evening, sir?" smiling sweetly, hands folding in her lap as she speaks, Martha's eyes are bright with enthusiasm.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

C
    Casitive

Unfurling from his chair in a slow, deliberate movement, David gets to his feet. “Right now?” Pausing as the Shadow's eyes drop to the ground in thought, “Nothing I can think of.” His right hand reaches out to help Martha to her feet. Thin, delicate fingers are outstretched in the silent offer of assistance.

I'm sure there will be something, at some point. But, right now, settle in.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Her smile falters for only a moment. Nodding, Martha accepts the offered hand. It's clear she actually needs his help getting to her foot.

"Thank you, sir!" another smile, "I will be ready and willing, Priscus!" another cheery smile follows with demure blinking.

Sensing their meeting is at an official end, she nods once more. With a curtsey, Martha waits for a suitable cue to leave.

C
    Casitive

Martha's cue comes in the form of a small nod from the Libitinarius. Nothing is hurried about the simple motion and there's nothing rushed in how David dismisses Martha. He merely stands still, features inscrutable, and arms hanging at his side he watches as the smaller Kindred takes her leave. Briefly, David wonders if the other Shadow underwent her own Future Shock and has transcended above that. However, that's a thought for a different time.

Once Martha does disappear around a corner, David sets to checking for any paperwork meant for him. Once again burying himself with the administrative minutiae of Prisci-dom.

Thanks for the scene!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread