Ended
Watch

(1507) Lord Cthulu and Krampus

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    R
    Rincewind

“And a good evening to you.” Tomas bows his head as the senescall moves to see to her duties.
    Turning back to Richard, he places his hands in their opposite sleeves and nods as he talks about his faith, or lack thereof. “Who says it’s god’s job to watch you? You say you’ve never felt saved? Have you ever asked?” He smiles as he says this to show he means no insult to Richard, merely an interest in the debate.

Richard paints on a structured smile that distinctly lacked any signs of genuine amusement but it was a smile none the less which indicated that he hadn't taken any offense at all, "There was a time, when I was still living, that I begged god every single day and every single night for salvation. I do wonder sometimes if my embrace was his answer, but how am I to know? Who am I to ask?"

R
    Rincewind

Tomas listens keenly as the daeva spoke, and though the questions are phrased rhetorically, Tomas never the less ponders for a few moments before answering.

“Perhaps it was. Perhaps it wasn’t. Would you have led your requiem different if you knew the answer?” The question was leading despite the late hour. Tomas knew this wasn’t a conversation that would be resolved tonight, most likely it would never be resolved though, What else is there to do but have the conversation?

Thomas gave him an interesting perspective. Would he have done thing differently? Probably not. But would he have more or fewer regrets would be a more accurate question. "You make a good point, can't lie." Richard nods his head and grants Thomas a smile, he had had enough talking shop for one evening and it was obvious that the night was winding down, he decided to change the subject to something more shallow so that it would be easier to make an exit when he was done talking, "So..where you from man? Been hunting on the west cost long?"

R
    Rincewind

“A little while, I moved around a lot before settling here. Still feel like I’m trying to get my bearings though.” With the talk of faith subsiding, Tomas takes on a far more casual tone of voice. “I’ve never been much of a city guy before. It’s been…..interesting to say the least.” He says looking around at the assembled Kindred, each uniquely dressed, as though to emphasize his point.

“What about you? What brings you to the domain?”

Richard's smile remains persistent, he respected Thomas being reluctant to divulge specific information about himself, few kindred would after only just meeting someone. Richard himself didn't adhere to that creed as often he ought to at times. Still it never hurt to take a poke and see how another beast would react. Now that Katya had left them, and many others for that matter, Richards beast slowly raised itself in direct challenge of Thomas. The malice in his heart, locked away by a concrete grin, was perhaps a bit too easy to see through. "I like the way the blood taste here" he answers plainly before taking a step away, "It seems court has ended. Good night" it was all he could manage while kicking the beast back down into its pit. Better to make an awkwardly hastened exit than to risk clashing in his Graces establishment. The swiftness punishment was dealt out in this city taught him better than that.

Richard abruptly exits the conversation

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 13

You do not have permission to view the list of names.