Arthur

Obrimos of the Silver Ladder

Presence 4 - Cocky
    Striking Looks 2 - Slick Smile

Reality War -Titanic Ep1: H: 1rB/7 M:7/12:3, W:5/5

+1
    SL
    PRE

Sushi, like with Pepper. But now instead Arthur's the one sitting on the other side of the table. Like that job interview question, where do you see yourself in five years? Try months.

A text had been sent out earlier to confirm the time. Now however there's sushi on the way. One hand holds the cold beer on the table and the other checks his phone.

Unseen Shield, Read Matrixes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-07-22 22:59:37 Arthur rolls 7 to Another - Read Matrixes (10 Again) 2, 2, 6, 2, 9, 6, 2 1 success
    2015-07-22 22:59:25 Arthur rolls 7 to Another - Unseen Shield (10 Again) 8, 7, 9, 9, 9, 7, 4 4 successes
    Arthur, Obrimos of the Silver Ladder, SL2 (Slick Smile), Pres 4 (Cocky)

C
    Cross

Sushi.

Yes.

Of all things created by mortal men, sushi had to be one of the most delicious. Some people didn't like it. The texture, or the cold fish bit, or whatever, but as far as Cicero was concerned, it was top three for lunch choices. The Obrimos strolled into the location wearing a black t-shirt and a pair of blue jeans. On one wrist, a nice, well-loved Burks watch rested. On the other was a steel bracelet. It didn't take much to see that Cicero was also shrouded in magic.

He smiled easily at the hostess and scanned the room, looking for something -- and there it was.

Either there was more than one Awakened in this room other than him and the one sitting at the table was a passerby, or Arthur really was a bold fellow, too. He gestured to the slick-looking Herald to the waitress, muttered something about his friend already being here, and strolled over to the table.

"Hi there. Arthur, right?"

The smile never left his face as a watch-clad hand reached out for a shake.

5 sux 24 hour sight, 1 sux 24 hour armor
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-07-26 22:49:14 Cicero rolls 6 to Read Matrices (GNO+Forces+HS-2 for 24) (10 Again) 10, 6, 9, 6, 10, 8, 8, 6 5 successes
    2015-07-26 22:48:15 Cicero rolls 6 to Unseen Shield (GNO+Forces+HS-2 for 24) (10 Again) 2, 6, 2, 3, 8, 7 1 success

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

The shimmering waves gives away the mage as he enters. Arthur takes a sip of his beer as the man heads over. Nice clothes.

"Yep, Victor I believe?" Arthur waves to the seat across from him. "You have a preference of sushi?" California rolls, while aptly named for the locale, are surely a form of blasphemy against good sushi.

C
    Cross

No shake? No big. The hand moved over to the chair and smoothly slid it out. "Yep. That's right. It's good to meet you." He picked up a menu in response to Arthur's question, quickly finding what he was looking for.

"Today? Sake nigiri. I like to keep it fresh. How about you?"

Bright blue eyes slid up to meet Arthur's, polite interest written in them.

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I tend to get rolls. Never had much straight fish on rice back home." Arthur eyes the sushi's of the day. Silly names but delicious. When a waiter comes over Arthur orders, waits for Victor to order, and then Arthur leans back in his chair.

"So what brings you to Sacramento?"

C
    Cross

"You're missing out, man." Victor orders as well as the waitress comes by, hooking one ankle over the other knee and tapping once on the thing he wants on the menu. One easy smile at the waitress and a sip of the tea later, and his attention was back on the Herald.

"Work, actually, and a much needed change of pace. I act, and there was a good opportunity out here, so. Time to try out the West Coast for a bit."

A long-fingered hand glided over to the water and brought it to his lips. He resisted the urge to cool the room off. Heralds tended to get jumpy when unfamiliar spellslingers started slinging.

"I keep pretty busy, but if the club needs anybody to volunteer to help out with anything, let me know. Speaking of which, I'm trying to figure out who's heading up the groups I'm into? I'm a pretty mighty ladder-climber. It'd be great to get in touch."

One day, they'd be able to talk about magic shit in the open, free from prying eyes and curious mortal ears and their xenophobia. But until the Sleepers had followed them that far, they would have to resort to silly codes. It was a damn shame.

Maybe things could be different in Cicero's lifetime.

Maybe, if the Silver Ladder here in Sacramento were willing to work for it, it could be here where it all began.

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

Arthur nods as Cicero explains how he came to Sacramento. Then grins as his fellow Ladder shares that fact. A hand falls to his lap and fingers flick. Sound wraps around the pair of Theurgists, insulating the Lie against their Truths.

"Good to have another Ladder in town. This is an interesting place. Councilors form by Path, ours goes by Star. Our Heirarch is Aquinas, a fellow Ladder though above us by far."

"Have you passed the Exams?"

Influence Sound
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-07-29 23:13:41 Arthur rolls 7 to To the Fold - Influence Sound (10 Again) 4, 4, 9, 1, 4, 4, 10, 10, 1 3 successes

C
    Cross

Cicero's lips pressed flat for just a moment as he felt the working of Arthur's Will about them. As the Herald spoke more frankly, though, the actor relaxed into his chair.

"Good to be here. Star? All right, good. Who's he with?"

Read between the lines. Arthur was a thearch, too.

"I haven't written yet. I'm hoping to see a Lictor and take 'em, see if I can't earn a robe. You?"

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

Arthur shakes his head in a no. "No, I missed the Lictor by a few months. She? I believe the Lictor is a women, she tours through northern California? So a few months and she'll be back around."

"Star is with the quiet ones. He's pretty level headed though." That good trait with the Guardians.

"How far out of town are you from? Any friends you have in the local area could be useful right now. Some of the Mad are taking over a university."

C
    Casitive

Cicero gets a phone call, excuses himself and leaves.

Scene End

Closed Thread