Ended
Watch

Fun with Weapons

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    M
    Matrixchild

Standing in the training room July felt his holsters against his side. After the incident at the bar he had bought dual shoulder holsters that allowed him to carry both of his firearms, now under the protection of his new firearms permit, but concealed so as not to upset any more bartenders. It was times like those that he missed the south the most with their loose laws and attitudes towards guns.

He didn't do it often but he wasn't wearing his normal blazer. He only had a few of them, mostly earthy or dark colors, but this was practice and he was already comfortable drawing his weapon from under his jacket. He stared down the range, focusing his anger onto the target. He blinked, but only to keep his eyes on target.

Suddenly, in less than an instant, he drew one of his .40 caliber semi-automatic handguns and fired into the target.

9 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-07-10 10:52:09 July rolls 10 to Practice the gun (Dex+Fire+Spec+EQ) (9 Again) 8, 7, 10, 6, 7, 3, 1, 9, 9, 9, 9, 10, 8, 9, 7, 1, 1 9 successes

The bullets left the gun as if destined to hit the target. One after another he fired until he had left a moderate hole in both the target's head and heart. If that had been a Banisher, no spark of life would have been left. He pulled the target down and readied another. He didn't have to wait for a ceasefire to approach because at the moment he was alone.

Standing back at the end of the range he reloaded the firearm used, pulled out both of his guns, and prepared to fire them together.

4 suxx with first gun, 5 suxx with second gun
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-07-10 11:09:02 July rolls 9 to Practice the 2 gun (Dex+Fire+Spec+EQ-1) (9 Again) 9, 6, 9, 2, 10, 10, 2, 3, 2, 3, 9, 5, 6, 7 5 successes
    2015-07-10 11:06:37 July rolls 10 to Practice the 1 gun (Dex+Fire+Spec+EQ) (9 Again) 9, 4, 10, 8, 2, 4, 8, 1, 5, 3, 6, 1 4 successes

Again the target was decimated. Clearly he hadn't gotten rusty. He reloaded and got ready to practice some more.

Emrys

PRE

At the sound of gunfire Emrys could guess who was doing what. Someone got their permit sorted out.

A few minutes after the first shot was fired Emrys entered the shooting range with his shotgun slung over his shoulder and a box of ammo. He knew how to use his firearms, but the kick always got him with longarms. Maybe he should hit the gym one day, or maybe he should just get a smaller gun. Either would be a decision for another day though.

"Hey July. Good to setup?" The Enchanter said as he called down to the Sentinel. Keeping space between him and July he set the box and gun down. With the sentinels okay he'd setup his target then load his shotgun, ready to participate in the next round.

Dailies!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-07-14 01:00:57 Emrys rolls 5 to Imp Temporal Eddies (Gno+Time+HS-2 Advance Prolong-1 retry) (10 Again) 6, 3, 10, 10, 2, 1, 1 2 successes
    2015-07-14 01:00:41 Emrys rolls 6 to Imp Temporal Dodge (Gno+Time+HS-2 Advance Prolong) (10 Again) 6, 3, 10, 8, 2, 1, 8 3 successes
    2015-07-14 01:00:29 Emrys rolls 6 to Imp Temporal Eddies (Gno+Time+HS-2 Advance Prolong) (10 Again) 7, 6, 3, 6, 6, 7 failure

M
    Matrixchild

The echo from the shots rang in July's ears. He had forgotten to wear ear protection, a rookie mistake. It took a moment before he realized someone had entered. At the sight of the shotgun he focused his hearing and heard the question. "Sure. A shotgun man I see," he said casually. July knew how to use most any firearm but he'd always been partial to pistols. They felt intimate in some way. Not as truly intimate as a sniper rifle but in its own way. Guns in general though reminded you how deadly a human could be. They were so final. So permanent. He grabbed his ammo and started reloading one gun after another.

After he was done he watched Emrys setup and then walked over. Looking at the shotgun he looked around and grabbed some earmuffs. He was used to his pistols (though he should have grabbed them sooner) but a shotgun would be truly detrimental to listen to. He held one out to Emrys as he put his own on halfway, ready to use them but with one ear out to continue talking.

Emrys

PRE

An eyebrow quirked as July made his way over. He was expecting some nonsense about taking the banishers more seriously, or about how he should get out for not showing him respect. The protective wear and small talk was more then welcome.

"Thanks." Emrys said as he wrapped the earmuffs around his neck. "Yeah, it's got some bite and doesn't require me to waste time on permits and all that jazz."

He shrugged and froze for a moment. Instead of firing the gun down the range he set it down for the time being, content to talk while the option was still on the table. "So it sounded like you got your pistols back. How did that go?"

M
    Matrixchild

Even when he's friendly the man can't avoid the digs. Though maybe it wasn't a comment on what had happened at the bar, just a straight statement about the gun. Maybe the tensions had made July sensitive to Emrys' words. "Well it's also much harder to conceal than my pistols."

At his next statement July holstered on of his guns and held the other one carefully. "Yeah I did. They were actually pretty understanding once they found out my story was legit. Filed the paperwork out right there, paid a fine, and now I'm fine. Though out of an abundance of caution I got these shoulder holsters. Don't want stray bartenders freaking out again, regardless of if I have the permit," he said, showing off his new holsters

Emrys

PRE

At the mention of concealment Emrys simply shrugged at the Sentinel's concern.

"Concealment is only really an issue if you plan to use your weapon in public." The Enchanter stated placidly. "I got the shotgun mostly for home defense, so it probably won't be an issue. The times when it might be are just what Mind and Space are for."

Apportation, also known as half the reason Emrys would ever consider even possibly looking into Matter.

When July spills about regaining his firearms and flashes his new holsters Emrys smiles ever so slightly. "Nice! And yes, it is a good idea to keep them concealed regardless. It's a blue state, so your going to have those pesky bartenders everywhere you go." Another shrug. He wasn't going to dwell on the topic or lecture, but the change from south to west clearly caught other man by surprise. To Emrys it was worth saying what they both clearly saw at the bar.

"Anyway, on a less preachy note, how long have you known how to shoot those?"

M
    Matrixchild

Clearly the best rule when dealing with Emrys was try and let his snide descriptions roll away like water off a duck's back. No matter how many times he spoke somehow everything seemed to be preachy.

July wasn't one to just throw around Mind and Space for a minor issue like concealment of a chosen weapon. If you couldn't carry your weapon without magic you picked the wrong weapon.

Looking down at his gun he said, "I don't know, something like 15 years or more. I learned how to shoot as a kid and then been training since after high school. Police, Marshals, Guardians. They all wanted me to be ready for anything. What about you?"

Emrys

PRE

"Only about a year." Emrys admitted as he glanced down to his shotgun. "I learned in the District of Columbia from the Libertines right after my awakening. Seers are a major problem in the city so all the Pentacle mages learned a bit of self defense in response."

The Enchanter watched his peer as he returned his attention to the Sentinel. He had gotten the impression July didn't like him on more then one occasion, and the almost carefully neutral responses he was getting didn't help Emrys's nerves about the conversation. So he took a second to watch the man. Admittedly he wasn't as honed in to the subtle hints that body language and other nonverbal cues as he'd like to be, but he did have some training.

Emrys is trying to get an emotional read on July via the Empathy Skill (WoD page 79). July contests with Wits+Subterfuge+Equipment if he wants. Also tagging Casitive in case moderation is needed!

2 suxx for an emotional read
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-07-24 01:02:04 Emrys rolls 4 to Get a read on July (Wits+Emp) (10 Again) 3, 10, 9, 6, 7 2 successes

M
    Matrixchild

"I think everyone should always know a little about protecting themselves. You never know what'll happen, that's what fate's taught me," he said as he looked at the other mage. "Did you ever deal with any Seers directly? We had a big problem with magic abusers in Chicago so I didn't deal with them as often as other cities have."

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-07-24 08:33:39 July rolls 4 to resist emotional read (wits+subt) (10 Again) 7, 10, 1, 7, 5 1 success

Emrys can tell that July is annoyed by him but it's not clear why

Emrys

PRE

As Emrys watched the Guardian he saw something as surprising as the fact that the sun had come up that morning. He was bugging July.

"Nah, I was way to green to fight and the rest of the Pentacle was still reeling from the Seer's latest moves. My ability with Space and Time made me better suited for reconnaissance anyway, so they taught me some rotes and what to do if the Seers did came knocking."

The Enchanter's gaze once again found it's way to the shotgun before looking back to July. "Not exactly a pro marksman but I got by with what was available. Any who, I didn't mean to interrupt you if you want to get back to shooting."

Emrys's hands rose up to the earmuffs the Sentinel had brought him, ready to move on if July wanted to get back to his own practice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 10

You do not have permission to view the list of names.