Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Holstered gun on his right hip
    Sheathed knife on his left hip

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Nosferatu Curse: The irises of Garrick's eyes are milky white, they never seem to focus on what he is paying attention too. Consequently it is hard to tell if he's looking at you or around you or past you.
    Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"I was going to suggest a gun range but Sergei was clear on not mispeaking so the internet was the close second." Garrick gives an apologetic shrug. "Those are not open late after dark."

"I want to be accepted within the Domain and pull my weight. My Sire pounded the notion of pulling weight into my head over the years. There are no freeloaders in our world. So I need to find a way to do that within the Domain."

"Then maybe find a Covenant? I know of them, what they are, but I was not ever allowed to talk for a while with them."

v
    voivode

Martel brightened at Kenneth's mention of gathering Domain history. The Necropolis, too, was an intriguing idea. So many of the dark arts were best suited to being performed in the presence of the dead. But, history, now that was right up his alley.

"Allow me to be the first to volunteer for your research project on Domain history. I do not have the connections here that I did in Lourdes. But I should be able to start spreading my roots very soon, and we shall see what comes of that. Now ... this Necropolis? I have not figured out if you mean a literal necropolis, a home for deceased corpses, or a figurative one, one for corpses that are still living."

A little smile came to his lips, a rare treat from a Frenchman.

"I do hope you mean both ... As for the sanctum you mentioned, I will be very pleased to be given a tour if you would be so kind. I promise not to burst immediately into flames."

He paused to see if his jest would take. Even if it did not, small matter.

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

"I'm not sure how practical a firing range would be. My knowledge of firearms is admittedly limited but it's my understanding that ranges tend to be very large. Space underground tends to be limited. There might be some tunnels that offer enough straight away distance. I've included some potential locations in the notes I provided," He also wasn't sure how much use a firing range would be. Were there many gun enthusiasts in the Domain? "I'll support it as a personal side project for now but I'd still ask that you contribute to something that can be more broadly appreciated."

"As for selecting a covenant, that is a personal choice. All I'm sure would be willing to take you as a member."

Moving on to the topic of domain history Kenneth addresses Martel "There is already some information in the binder I gave you. I also included some suggestions on how to disguise the history so that we wouldn't be risking a breach by writing it down. I'll focus my efforts on improving this space for now and leave the details of the annals to you. Additionally, some individuals have offered to be interviewed. Priscus Roth, Myrmidon Fernandez, Priscus Regan, maybe Seneschal Harding. Feel free to speak to them on my behalf. Don't forget to take notes." Gilroy still felt like an idiot because of that pen.

Kenneth did smile slightly "That would be bad for conversation rates," he replied.

"I was speaking figuratively, though. I didn't plan on storing bodies here, expect perhaps for disposal."
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Nosferatu Curse: The irises of Garrick's eyes are milky white, they never seem to focus on what he is paying attention too. Consequently it is hard to tell if he's looking at you or around you or past you.
    Scenes

NOS
    PRE

An understanding nod. "The gun range is a dream at this point. I'm more concerned with how we'll disguise people coming and going from that house upstairs." White eyes track to the ceiling again before Garrick looks at the area around them. "I'll help down here for sure. Just let me know what you want focused on."

"Guessing burning bodies is a bad idea in a town like this."

"O, do you want or plan to have a reinforced room down here too?"

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Back when Gilroy had first selected the spot, it had just been Angel and Sergei and him. All were skilled enough with Obfuscation to go unnoticed while entering. Given that these two didn't conceal their Beasts, that was not as good an option.

"I can teach either to the level of Obfuscation where you can make yourselves preternaturally unnoticeable. Until then, either use the back entrance as stealthily as possible. There is also a sewer connection here. There is directions to entrances in the folder." Why bother making notes for people if you didn't read them? Maybe he was too used to dealing with students. Then again, half the time he was pretty sure the college students didn't read either.

"For now I'd say help Mr. Giles with the Annals. It will help you learn more about the Domain's past. I'll make sure this place looks presentable. I do plan to reinforce the door more," it was on the long list of this to do "However, that's still in the planning stages. I'm still not even sure how to get such a door down here to install, without alerting the neighborhood to the activity."
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"That's what I'm worried about. That house looks like shit. Any sort of activity is going to look suspicious. Ever see a couple squad cars roll up on a place they think is cooking?" Garrick did once, back when the sun wasn't death. "Assuming that we're the only ones who come and go often then whatever. But if we start to bring others in through the house then..ya.."

Garrick shrugs, the Priscus probably thought that through already as well. "I will assist Mr. Giles with his work, though me and books just stare at each other." After saying that however the binder comes up and Garrick opens it to the first page. Homework..damnit.

v
    voivode

Martel perked up at the mention of Obfuscation.

"That was what I wanted to talk to you about. Since you've decided to bring it up, it would make negotiations a lot easier if I could mask my Blood. At least, it would prevent my elders from wanting to rip my throat out when I meet them."

Martel nodded toward his binder on the table.

"I'll begin my study as soon as I return to my Haven. Now, the problem with codes is that they A) make the thing you're coding more desirable to read in the first place and B) have to be known to all parties who might legitimately read them. My native tongue will be of some help here. Still, there are enough who speak French that this alone will not hide it. Rather than a cypher, which plainly shows that the contents are meant to be hidden, and therefore entices a reader to crack them, may I suggest figurative language. I am thinking of something in the way of a pastiche of the Divine Comedie. Of course I do not intend for it to have any literary merit, merely to hide names and places with code words known to any authorized reader."

Martel shrugged.

"I am only, as they say, spitballing here."

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

"I do plan on purchasing the building and starting renovations. However, I wanted this," he indicated the incomplete Necropolis around them "to be ready for reception and habitability." Plus enough pull within the city to ensure that when he did try to make the purchase, that the building wasn't simply condemned when the inspectors were reminded to look at it. "Until then the sewer entrances will have to suffice."

"You might be right Mr. Giles but I think if it's to the point that someone find secret annals below ground, we've already passed the threshold of trying to be protected by lack of curiosity. That said, there's nothing wrong with multiple layers of protection. Purple prose and code words that themselves are encoded in cypher and made to look like graffiti. I won't discount the use of a non-English language either, if it's more obscure. You could even spread the annals across multiple locations and use different methods for each. I'll leave the details up to you on how you want to record and hide the information." So trust, give responsibility but offer direction.

"And I wouldn't worry too much about needing to read books," he said to Garrick "I expect most of the history we collect to be from oral interviews." And if Marlon was speaking in more general terms of research, it would be best to have him part of the process so he could better learn the knowledge, rather than be taught later. Or even if he didn't learn it by heart, he would more easily understand the annals, should it come to pass that he was the only Nosferatu available.

"As for Obfuscation, feel free to coordinate lessons. Hiding the Beast is something I think would greatly improve Kindred society if all learned it." It would stop the insistent anger and fear from constantly coloring his thinking at least.
    Mask of Tranquility

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Scenes

NOS
    PRE

A few moments though and Garrick nods to Priscus Gilroy. "Sounds good." Sewers, meh. Good thing the Senses can be dulled or living down there would suck.

"Becoming invisible is something I aim to learn some day." Garrick continues after a few beats of an unbeating heart. "Something else to work on." A shrug. Better than listening to other predators talk about history though.

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

"Well, if there are no other questions, I'll let you continue your evening," he had addressed all he had wanted to and this seemed a good point to leave off on. "I will be continuing to work here if you would like to stay and talk more. Or if you'd like to explore, I can show you the sewer entrance. However don't feel obligated, I have no more official business."

He looked to see what either would do.
    Mask of Tranquility

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread