Ended
Watch

(1507) ECIV Ermac and July

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    E
    Ermac

Ermac's eyes looked up at the Guardian who called his name, "Hey July," he replied cordially. Extending a hand in greeting, "I've been...better but..." he says with caution, seemingly catching himself from talking too much. "Other than that, keeping busy trying to figure out what's going on with our big problems."

With a semi forced smile, "How've you been?"

M
    Matrixchild

July furrowed his eyebrows. "I've been alright. Thinking about finally using the range at home to get some practice in. I haven't practiced since I got here and I don't want to get rusty, especially with the stuff coming up," the Guardian said. "Have you guys figured out a plan? I'm sorry I didn't have more ideas beyond names and financials. I figure if there's an angle you want to look into you just give Avis the heads up and do it."

He paused for a moment before continuing. He had noticed the pause in the man's response. "Is something bothering you?"

E
    Ermac

"Firing range would be worth getting into. That's something I'd like to do given the current climate of things. As for leads, well, I'm going with finding out who knows what amongst our Consilium."

At the mention of trouble a small, momentary frown appeared, with a cautious glance toward Emrys.

With a hushed voice, the Obrimos whispered to the Acanthus, "To put it lightly, I'm at a crossroads...and...I'd rather keep it quiet while we're here."

M
    Matrixchild

"Well if you ever need someone to show you a thing or two let me know. I've been using a firearm since I was a kid and was trained by both the local police and the Marshals."

July had just come from the Heirarch and Emrys so he wasn't sure which of the two Ermac looked towards but he noticed the change in tone. July gestured that they move further away from the rest of the Consilium with a nod of his head. "Crossroads huh?" he whispered, "What kind? And if you want to step back inside we can."

E
    Ermac

Seeing July's empathy raised a tiny smile of hope. A silent nod and he was walking with July away from the congregation. Once out of range from perceptive ears, he still remained quiet in tone, "There's two individuals who concern me greatly. You know one of which I speak. The other is conspicuously absent. I fear that their teamwork may splinter what little framework we do have.."

M
    Matrixchild

July absolutely knew one of the two he spoke of. He didn't turn in order to avoid drawing any attention to their conversation, but he now knew which of the two Ermac had glanced at. But who was the other? He may be referring to Einstein. It would make sense after her outburst at the last consilium. He followed Ermac's lead and kept a quiet tone. "I'm fairly certain who the first is but I have to guess about the second. I'm assuming they're both related to your order?"

E
    Ermac

Ermac's drifted down then up at the mention of being "his Order." No gesture, just simple confirmation, "Both are Libertines - one a sitting Councilor, the other one who so very publicly resigned." He shook his head in frustration, "I no longer find myself comfortable amongst such company. Should they prove dangerous, I wanted you to know I have absolutely no involvement with their affairs following the last Formal Consilium."

M
    Matrixchild

There was the confirmation. The image of Einstein bursting out of Consilium was clear in July's memory.

"I appreciate you coming to me with this. As Councilors, current or former, they know enough about how we work and what our laws are to be dangerous. But it sounds like soon it won't be your order anymore. Are you planning on just becoming an Apostate?" July raised an eyebrow at the last statement. He felt that being in an Order helped give one purpose outside their cabal. He knew Ermac was interested in taking down the Banishers and that he was against those who would disrupt order, maybe he was interested in helping bring about it.

E
    Ermac

A heavy sigh, "It's a bit more complicated than that..." he said with regards to Apostasy. "I seek stability in order to help bring about prosperity." Had the Theurge been whispering, it would have been significantly louder. His conviction had not diminished in the slightest.

He then added, "She expressed incredible disinterest in attending these gatherings, doing only the bare minimum to stay here." He paused before adding, "I fear the ambitious one will bring the absentee under his influence. We've had enough shouting and heckling. We have greater threats that are not being addressed."

"The tipping point for me, was recognizing that there are those who flatly refuse to contribute toward and others who intentionally hinder the well being of Consilium. To me, that is dangerous. A soul who sees the beauty and glory of what can be achieved should participate in the Arcanus Mundus."

M
    Matrixchild

"We should all seek to bring about prosperity and order." He accented on the final word. July felt that everything Ermac was saying could only sound the alarm of Chaos. "See, that will not do. How can someone, especially a former councilor, think they can operate within the city, live under its protections, and just abandon the Concilium. Now in regards to the other he's a fool. He lives in the past, hoping that his title and the system with protect him from outside threats. He's focused on endless debates among the Council and Consilium, as if our enemies are patiently waiting to be invited to the war."

July took a breath and a moment before continuing. "You weren't at my path meeting, but I suggested we take proactive steps to stop the problems of the city. He lashed back with procedure and bureaucracy, admonishing me like I was a child. He constantly speaks with a spiked tongue and then feigns ignorance of his words. If that kind of man were to team up with someone who could so easily abandon the little that we have...well i don't know what could happen. You want to make a change in this city? Then you're right to leave the Libertines. They've always had their own way of doing things and many throw the will of others to the winds. That's why I became a Guardian, to fight against that insanity. To make our community safe, for everyone. To fight against the enemies of our world."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.