Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(FOS 2015) The Carving Station

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Marcus Evan

PRE

Pausing in his carving duties, Marcus claps Rick on the shoulder in return and gives him a knowing smile.

"Heh, I was going to say the same thing about you! I guess we've both been busy lately, haven't we? I'm glad you made it! If I'm not mistaken, you might find a Brown Cow or two in the blue cooler. Why don't you grab us a couple of cold ones and we can catch up? A lot has happened."

Even though it's obvious that the hollow they are both standing in must have required a considerable amount of time and effort, Rick might get the impression that his fellow elemental is actually referring to much more than that.

L

"Spotted Cow, Spotted." And it was certainly impressive that Marcus had managed to get ahold of some all the way out here. He couldn't even get ahold of it all that often, and he still knew quite a few people from back where it was brewed. "Practically a staple of Wisconsin's culture these days, have to get that right. Besides, their brown ale's called Fat Squirrel." Regardless, he's pulling a pair of bottles from the cooler even as he's speaking. The opener on his keychain rids them of the bottlecaps, and he offers one to his friend as he settles into a seat.

"So what's up with you then?"

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus stifles his grin as he accepts the proffered beverage.

"Sorry. Striped Cow. Got it. Won't make that same mistake twice. I hope Terri didn't hear you say that last bit."

The metalflesh attempts to hide any hint of mischief as he teases his buddy.

"So, have you heard much about Fairweather?"

And just like that, Marcus was down to business.

4. Likes Lesingnon liked this post
    L

Rick can only shake his head in mock despair. "Shouldn't even let you have one of these." Though he hands over the bottle over regardless. "And I didn't name that last one." He just never had any of his old friends ship that one over here where she could see it...just in case.

Ahh...and then they were into the important stuff. "A decent bit, actually, and I'll be hearing more soon. He's had this cult running around the Hedge, trying to collect the books. Got tipped off to them when a hob whose Hollow they hit asked for help. Anyway, they also hit the Fleshmarket, and one of them was captured. Managed to convince their head of Security to release him. And in exchange for getting him far away from here he's going to tell Green and I everything he knows about Fairweather and the cult. With any luck, that'll get us the info we need to deal with him."

There's a pause as he takes the first drink of his beer and gives his friend, the Hunter of Longest Days, a look. "You know, supposing we can get a good group together for it and all."

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri had hung back for several seconds, composing herself before joining Marcus and Rick near the fire pit. The flames still threatened her but she knew she could conquer them. Finding an excuse to grab herself a wine, Terri finally sauntered over to join Rick and Marcus, grinning as she wrapped the Metalflesh in a friendly hug, planting a kiss on his cheek.

"Hey, Marcus, love the shirt," she teased, breaking the hug and taking a step back. Two of her favourite guys, in one place. What could possibly go wrong?

Right. Fairweather, she mused, taking a sip of her wine, listening to what Rick had to say about the hob and the Fleshmarket, shuddering at the thought of that place, the mask and the stall she was forced to work at. One day, she was going to return there with the Dragon's tongue, free herself of Salome's oath and then take that bitch's head.

With thoughts of murder and revenge in her mind, Terri continued to drink her wine. Far too quickly.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Marcus Evan

PRE

The metalflesh's teasing smirk disappears as he slowly nods at Rick's story. He takes a swig from his bottle before crossing his muscular arms in front of his chest.

"That doesn't sound good. I'm glad you sussed out that hob business. It'll be nice to get some more information, that's for sure. And, don't worry about getting a group together to deal with this. I have a feeling there are more 'holders willing to lend a hand than you might realize."

Hell, Ramona almost bit my head off that she hasn't been invited to the party yet.

Marcus picks up Terri and returns her squeeze as the petite redhead joins them. When she even compliments the obnoxious eyesore of a shirt that he currently wears, the elemental can't help but give the beast a smile and a wink after he sets her back on her feet.

"Ta. You look quite fancy, yourself."

He does take note of the rather strange choice of attire if she is planning on competing, but maybe she decided that she would prefer to sit by the fire and spectate this time. Letting out a small sigh after taking another swig of his beer however, the elemental turns serious once more.

"I'm afraid Fairweather isn't the only one that's been busy in the hedge lately. It seems our old friend HAL has been stirring up some trouble in the brim. Gianna convinced me to help Morgan, Daniel, and Lynn find HAL's old hollow and try to recover some more intel on the dragon."

Marcus looks over his shoulder before leaning forward and continuing in a lower voice.

"We found one of the books."

8. Likes InvertedMonkey liked this post
    Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green makes his way slowly over. At first it looks like he is mooching for another drink. However, rather than simply hunting down a fresh beverage, the mountain draws himself closer and closer to the little quartet with a light foot that belies his size.

By the time he has acquired another perspiring can, the Elemental has positioned himself close enough to considered part of the conversation, yet distant enough to be construed as separate if he is given the cold shoulder. He doesn't advertise his presence but the subtle nod (perhaps directed at Rick Pereg ) spoke volumes to those who looked and listened.

L

"Yeah, I'm sure." Fairweather had certainly earned himself no shortage of hard feelings since he'd arrived in Sacramento. Even before the destruction of the Four Seasons. With that...he'd inflicted more harm on the Freehold than anyone in recent memory. The list of people who wanted to see him taken down was undoubtedly long indeed. "The Sovereigns have pledged their support too. It was more, you know, a pointed invitation than any expression of uncertainty."

That was the tricky part about conversations between Elementals...subtleties could become so easily missed.

Green's approach certainly isn't missed. But as he seems content not to announce his presence too obviously, Rick is equally content to acknowledge the nod by raising his beer bottle in an equally subtle salute.

And then comes a name he hadn't expected to hear, one that still gave him mixed feelings. HAL, his predecessor. A king who had done much for the the Freehold, but fell from grace in the end. A tragic end to his time here.

But that wasn't even the biggest bombshell, as the revelation about the book caught him completely off guard. And that surprise certainly showed; even as he found himself leaning inwards as well, waving Green closer as he did. "You did? At the Hollow? Which one?"

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus raises an eyebrow at Green's awkward loitering.

Why doesn't he just come over and talk to us? Fucking winter...

"Alright, Green?"

However, he frowns a bit at Rick's equally awkward explanation. Marcus had thought that he and Terri both knew that, as far as the dragon is concerned, he's in... he's all in. The metalflesh firmly places a shiny metallic hand on his fellow elemental's shoulder.

"You should already know I'm with you both until the end. If it will set your minds at ease, we can swear something and make it official. I don't want either of you worrying that I won't be there when you need me."

Glancing over at Terri, Marcus makes sure that she realizes that his words are meant for her as well. Then, he watches Rick's face change after he dropped the HAL bomb and leans in closer to answer his friend's question.

"Fear. We found the Book of Fear. I took a peek inside. It seems that Fairweather is afraid of music. Closing the Empty Orchestra sure makes a lot more sense now, doesn't it?"

Marcus feels the preacher's entrance before he actually sees him. The simmering heat of the summer king's mantle seems to promise dark clouds and stormy weather on the horizon. After returning Lucas' nod and watching the flame crowned darkling mingle with his fellow freeholders, summer's hunter realizes that he probably needs to get the show on the road.

"Sorry, I know it's bad timing, but duty calls. We'll talk more later. I promise."

Marcus exits the conversation to make this announcement in the main thread.

12. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

"Say what?"

Pretense cast aside, Green joins the conversation. A throb of concern carries through his voice as it rumbles from his lips. Carefully he look around as the party ebbs and flows around them.

"So, like, what else do we have right now? 'Cause we'll be talking with our... uh... contact... in a few. We should have some more pieces of the puzzle by then." Green tried to modulate his voice with limited success.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread