Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(FOS 2015) Getting Reacquainted

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

This is probably the most Ramona's been smiling in a long while. The longest continuous period most of the guests may have seen her smile, anyway. Friendly, relaxed. Not at all as stand-offish as usual.

"Ava, hey," she greets, "Good to see you." Like what we've done with the place? No, Mal made this place. Don't poke at that wound, Ramona. Redirect attention. She turns to Rostram and offers a hand to shake, "Hey, I'm Ramona."

Presence • (Part of the Scenery)
    Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Hunching over, the man appears in his forties if not older. His hair is disheveled, his expression bizarre between glee or malice. His frame is thin and clothes ragged or stained, smelling worn and unwashed.
    Mein

His skin is gray like stone and his features more exaggerated, his eyes more set apart. Wings curl around his shoulders, unusable but expressive, as is his short tail. Horns adorn his brow and curl along the contour of his skull. He is what many would describe to be a gargoyle.

"Good day, Ava. Rostam. This be the grandest feast yet of simple pleasures. But then I do not attend many to know better. How do you each fare? I've not seen you, Rostam, since that business with the Autumn Queen. And Ava, perhaps later a word we might share? But for now I hope all be well."

As Ramona Bohannon makes her rounds, Gregory offers a nod to the knuckled Stonebones. "Ramona, season's greetings," he offers. With his hands full he at least had an excuse to avoid handshakes this time.

Alex Rivers

"Hello, everybody. Happy Summer... Rostam Ibrahimi, for those I haven't met..."

Tally Benoit

Merits:

Court Goodwill(Summer) •
    Eidetic Memory
    Fleet of Foot •••
    Hedgespun Wolf Whistle ••
    Fast Reflexes •

Health: [][][][][][][][]
    Clarity: •••••••
    Willpower: ••••••
    Glamour: 9/10

Beast Blessing:

8a when Animal Ken skill and spend Glamour to a die to dice pools involving Pre and Com.

Curse:

Suffer -4 to untrained Mental skills. No 10-again with Intelligence pools

Kith Blessing:

Tooth and Claw: Causes Lethal Damage instead of Bashing when fighting unarmed.

Freehold Commendation Benefits:

+ 1 to Clarity degeneration roll and + 1 to Brawl

PRE

Tally's gaze goes towards the spot where the meat is roasting as Ramona had made aware of what kind of beast it had been. "I don't suppose you know the tale of that hunt? I won't mind hearing it. It sounds like an interesting tale to be passed around." She muses to Ramona, her gaze returning to her current conversation partners.

Gregory. The Feast of Color. A handshake that wasn't. It turned out that there was a lot going on that day. Shouldn't be too surprising that she hasn't thought about it since then. Something to come back to later, maybe. She returns his nod, in any case, "Gregory."

Tally's question draws a smirk, "You'd be surprised. Big ol' beast just kept foraging around the edge of the Hollow. Marcus managed to trap it, after being outwitted once or twice." Then it was all over but the butchering. She'd helped butcher a hog before, and between her and Marcus, they'd figured it out. Quite an experience.

Old ghosts from the past rise for a moment in the back of her mind. Old An Tir's skald chastising her. She should have made that story larger than life. Enchanted them with the tale of an epic hunt and terrible battle. If only to impress them all with the prowess of the Summer court. Yeah, well, that's a skald's work. I'm just a smith.

S
    Saeyer

"Hey Ramona! The food's looking good, and you guys made a ton." A solid plan, with how many people had decided to turn up. It wasn't Mrs. Rosemary's, but it was hard to argue with a huge pile of meat; she certainly wasn't going to. "It's pretty impressive. And so is the heat," she said with a light, underbreath laugh.

Pleased that prematurely shortening his name last time hadn't left a lasting mark against her in the Gargoyle's books, the Nix greeted him warmly. "I'm alright, thanks. And of course, whenever is most convenient for you. It's good to see you again." Her curiosity was piqued, but he had opted to wait so she would be patient.

A little disappointed Rostam didn't seem to have heard her question, she let it go for the moment; she'd ask again later, if there was a lull. It wasn't a big deal. Instead, she returned Marcus Evan 's greeting with a flash of a smile, the corners of her eyes crinkling briefly before her attention focused back in on Ramona's story. Mal seemed to have picked an area rife with wildlife, but somehow she doubted the Summers minded.

"Ever modest," she said teasingly to the stone-knuckled Ogre. It might not be a big deal for Marcus and Ramona, but she might not be able to overpower such a beast, even trapped.

Alex Rivers

Rostam takes another glance at his surroundings. The Viking camp aesthetic is almost... refreshing. He is as proud of his heritage as the next person, but he could go more than a little while without looking at another "authentic" carpet or candlestick from the Old Country. He had spent the last weeks with the proprietors of the Khyber Pass Trading Company, searching flea markets and garage sales up and down the West Coast for sufficiently exotic novelties and trinkets. A road trip with a couple of fussy old queens and a van full of musty rugs was not his idea of a vacation, but they had paid him twice his normal wages for the duration. He's learned enough in his new life to gather what he can for the lean season that's sure to come...

"I'm just trying to get settled back in... I've been out of town most of the spring. And I'm looking to learn more about how Summer works here. I have to say that so far they're a lot more welcoming than the crowd in my last city..."

Tally Benoit

Merits:

Court Goodwill(Summer) •
    Eidetic Memory
    Fleet of Foot •••
    Hedgespun Wolf Whistle ••
    Fast Reflexes •

Health: [][][][][][][][]
    Clarity: •••••••
    Willpower: ••••••
    Glamour: 9/10

Beast Blessing:

8a when Animal Ken skill and spend Glamour to a die to dice pools involving Pre and Com.

Curse:

Suffer -4 to untrained Mental skills. No 10-again with Intelligence pools

Kith Blessing:

Tooth and Claw: Causes Lethal Damage instead of Bashing when fighting unarmed.

Freehold Commendation Benefits:

+ 1 to Clarity degeneration roll and + 1 to Brawl

PRE

"Hey Gregory. Good to see you again, Rostam." Tally greets the two men. "Hi Ava." She greets the fellow Beast.

"Sounds a bit frustrating giving it had gotten away a time or two but at least he wasn't over all harmed from the encounter." She state, assuming that he had come away with only a few scratched from setting the trap and attending to the hedge beast.

"So, what are you guys looking forward too this coming season? I mean, last year, they had those tournaments and it was pretty fun." She relates, curious if they were excited for it to happen again this year or for some other upcoming event.

Ramona ends up giving Rostram a bit of a narrow-eyed look, like someone trying to figure something out. Bit of a space-cadet, aren't ya? He seems not to hear questions directed at him, or notice hands offered for shake, or introductions at all except for giving his name. In general. To everyone at once. Well, it's a new place, and a Hollow, and a lot of people are here. And We're all mad here. Might overwhelm anyone for a minute. She shrugs, expression easing, and turns to Tally, "Kind of focusing on tonight, you know? A lot of work went into getting this place ready, and I'd like to enjoy it a bit." She glances over at the workshop area, visible at the distant end of the Hollow, and smiles with pride.

Presence • (Part of the Scenery)
    Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Hunching over, the man appears in his forties if not older. His hair is disheveled, his expression bizarre between glee or malice. His frame is thin and clothes ragged or stained, smelling worn and unwashed.
    Mein

His skin is gray like stone and his features more exaggerated, his eyes more set apart. Wings curl around his shoulders, unusable but expressive, as is his short tail. Horns adorn his brow and curl along the contour of his skull. He is what many would describe to be a gargoyle.

"Tally," replies Gregory with a small nod her way.

"There were tournaments last year?" he asks inquisitively while glancing between the Beast and Ogre. "A test of strength and skill perhaps? What challenges were made? Who bested all and won?" He had heard about a memorial service, but perhaps there were still festivities despite the tragedy, a distraction from loss.

After stating his questions he bites deeply into the chunk of meat he holds.

11. Likes CyledyrWyllt liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread