Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

"It depends on what is estimated," Gilroy commented, being annoyingly contrarian.

Kenneth listened to Marco talk about being amazed and respect. The Carthians certainly like their flattery.

"Indeed," Gilroy agreed "Without belief we are nothing." A church line but one that held true across humanity and Kindred. Even within science certain things had to be taken on faith at a certain point. Axioms and theories. Truths that had to be accepted in order to form a world view. And on the broader level, beliefs determined politics. Marco's line of thinking that the Lancea was in some way apart from the maneuvering of Kindred was wrong. Kenneth suspected the Myrmidon already knew this. The church was a political entity. Within a holistic anthropological view it had to be. It was simply the Sanctified had disparate views that changed the 'why' they did things, though not always the 'how'. Recruitment, imposition of values; the tearing down of enemies; the indoctrination of allies. All covenants did it. When the Invictus did it is was for power. When the Carthians did it was for power too. When the Lancea did it was because they were holy... And power.

"If you don't mind me asking, what beliefs drew you to politics?"
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

M
    Matrixchild

Specifically? I'd have to say watching my fellow childer. See, my sire was a fiend. She basically collected childer and then forced us to gather her things while she sat in her mansion. I left to escape that world but I'll always remember the feeling of helpless I had. We couldn't stand up to her, and none of us realized our strength in numbers. Those memories convinced me to fight for some semblance of equality in the Kindred world. Now all can never truly be equal, but I want to help create opportunities for others to succeed, especially those new to the city. That's why I'm focused on politics," he said with a serious look.

"I just hope I'll be able to do that. To me it's not about covenant lines. Yes I'm Carthian, but I shouldn't succeed at the total expense of the Sanctum or Ordo, or even the Invictus. I know the First Estate and the Movement can seem at times like opposites but in some ways we want similar things. We both want success and power. We both worry about those below is, in our own ways. I just think we must find a way, as a domain, to work together to make all kindred life better."

Was it idealist? Yes, but Marco also knew that the Movement could only succeed with the help of others. The First Estate was too entrenched. He couldn't bash their power overtly, but he didn't have to claim the system was perfect as is either

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

"I imagine you must appreciate how Sacramento is run then, at least in terms of equality. From what I've seen positions are awarded more on merit than age." Granted there was still some matter of seniority, but when that was measured in months and years rather than decade or centuries, one could hardly say that didn't favor new arrivals. A six month tenure could net you a Priscuship after all. "And officials tend to be from a variety of Covenants and Clans as well so there's a great deal of representation." Though whether this was by design or chance was debatable, given the volatility of the city. Maybe a little of both? Even the Carthians had Konrad as Gangrel Priscus.

"From the sound of it you'd be more interested in public works and community improvement." Morals and morale were something the Lancea could get behind. The plans Kenneth had for the Necropolis certainly fit that description. "Do you have any current plans on how to improve the Kindred population's standard of living in the works?"

Gilroy had kept silent about building the Dark Temple and his idea of making the underground semi-public for fear that Angel would disapprove. Now that she had left he might go public sooner. If the Myrmidon had plans he could talk about openly in court, it meant there was less chance the Movement was working against the establishment.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

M
    Matrixchild

"I've been gathering that impression from my stay. Things seem to happen surprisingly fast here, at least for our kind. It's good to see how progressive the domain already is," Marco said with a smile. Then again, there are different ideas of 'progress'.

"Well unfortunately we don't have anything in the works, at least not yet. Because I'm so new I've been spending my time gathering information and connections so that I can put into effect an idea once we've decided on something. At the moment I'm content to help others make their plans happen, as long as it betters lives. Did you have your own ideas in mind?" One must offer help to get help in return, Marco understood that.

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

"I do," Kenneth replied "I'm working on establishing an archive of information concerning domain history. Given how much knowledge is lost because the shifts in Kindred population, it seems not only useful but almost critical that such data be recorded."

History after all wasn't just written by the victors but by those that bothered to write it down. It was sure to be a tempting offer to a Carthian to offer an opinion of how things were, even if it would be Gilroy doing the actual recording. It didn't hurt Kenneth's cause either. To him it would be another data point. Plus a reason for others to 'correct the record' if they heard the Carthians were providing their view, which would mean more material.

Assuming of course that the powerful were content with Gilroy rewriting things and didn't decide to simply purge everything. That was a risk no matter what though.
    Mask of Tranquility

M
    Matrixchild

Marco raised an eyebrow at Kenneth's idea. It wasn't often that Kindred wrote down their history. From his experience it was normally an oral tradition. In mortal history books the people spoken about had very little to do with the troubles of today. But due to his kind's long lifespan he may learn some interesting information about 'living' kindred by being involved. It would also help the Carthians to influence what is written. The powerful may not read anything from it, but the not so powerful could be shaped by it.

"I think that's a wonderful idea. The past holds many secrets and one of them is the keys to the future. If one wishes to improve they must understand what has been done before. I would love to help you make this recorded archive a reality," he said with a smile.

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Slenderman smiled. Which looked almost the same as it had previously, the mask simply twisted in a weird way.

"Any help provided would of course be greatly appreciated. Even those who have been in the Domain a short time can have invaluable information." Kenneth was more than willing to trade in favors for information. And if those favors happened to officially pass through an Invictus Harpy then one could hardly say he was hiding anything by getting history from a Myrmidon.

He searched the pockets of his archaic pants for a moment before retrieving a business card. Not quite as fancy cardstock as most, but is was cheaper and more practical. "If you are interested, please feel free to contact me. I can't say I'll respond right away all the time, but I will get back to you." Between work and Necropolis work, his cell phone could go unchecked for an hour if not more. "Or if you would be able to provide me your contact information, I'll get in contact with at earliest convenience." Whether that convenience was Gilroy's or Marco's was uncertain. Probably both. Aranging Kindred meetings could be like herding cats sometimes after all.
    Mask of Tranquility

M
    Matrixchild

Marco smiled at the Haunt's response. He willingly accepted the business card and said, "I'm glad to hear that, though I do hope that information is a two way street," adding a smile for effect. He was perfectly fine trading information for information, it's what any good Daeva would do.

He then removed one of his blank cards and wrote his number on it. "This is my number. You can contact me anytime. I glad that we can potentially work together for the betterment of the Domain."

And myself of course.

"I'll also let you know of any ideas of my own and see if you're interested." Opening the gates to cooperation was always a step in the right direction.

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

"Of course," Gilroy agreed when Marco spoke about exchange "I'd consider it a favor and would insist I repay you." Debts after all needed to be repaid sooner rather than later.

"Thank you," he said taking the offered card "I look forward to potentially working together." His expression of course was blank but Slenderman tilted his head in deference.

"But I think I've taken enough of your time for one evening. I'll let you get back to the ball. Have a good night Myrmidon Fernandez. It was nice speaking with you."

Gilroy gave a bow that could make a man cringe and (unless stopped) went back to prowling the edges of the monsters' ball.

Kenneth returns to main thread unless Marco stop has anything else.
    Mask of Tranquility

M
    Matrixchild

Marco smiled to the Haunt. "I look forward to working with you as well," he said pleasantly. He always enjoyed hearing that someone would repay him.

"Well, I thank you for you time as well, it was a wonderful conversation. You have a good evening as well Brother Gilroy," he said with a slight bow of his head as he watched the man walk away. He then waited a few moments before returning to the rest of the group.

Marco returns after Kenneth

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread