Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(FOS 2015) Table for Two

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Kyle is handsome, with a strong jawline that is usually marred with stubble or an unkempt beard. He has short, messy brown hair that is often hidden beneath a hat. When he moves about he is accompanied by the sound of rustling foliage. He has bright, expressive brown eyes.
    Mien

Mien

Kyle's hair - his real hair - is comprised of short, tangled vines. He sports hornlike growths of twisted branches behind his pointed, elegant ears. His skin tone is tinted with the slightest hint of green, and is covered with crisscrossing white scars on his back and arms. His hair on his face and body is green and fibrous like the tufts on an ear of corn. Shifting vines grow from his palms, which are usually coiled around his hands like bandages. His irises are dull and pale.

PRE

Seeing a few of the others head off in their own directions, the Minstrel shrugs. "Let's find a seat or somethin. Maybe Terri and Rick will stop by soon. Sound good?" he says, gesturing towards an open seat at a picnic table. "I'm not in any hurry."

Truth be told, he probably could spend more one-on-one time with her. Not that he feels like he's been doing a bad job or anything... just that she's the most interesting person at this gathering. To him, anyway.

Hand still locked with hers, he walks over to the table and has a seat. "Place really makes ya hungry, doesn't it? Reminds me of barbecues I used to have with my family." His eyes fall downward for a moment, caught up in happy memories that somehow make him sad. He blinks a few times and straightens up again. It won't do to keep things bottled up, so he speaks his mind instead.

"I feel like a big kid sometimes... I still lived at home with my parents when I was taken. I'm a grown man now, sure, but I never went to college or anythin. Spent all my adult years in my Keeper's courtyard. I didn't... learn anythin there. Plenty of practice singin, of course, but no real knowledge." It probably would make sense to her, considering how he is. He knows he isn't the most mature, serious guy in the Freehold.

S
    Sasha

It was probably the one Season that L’aire was sort of ‘off’. Her Motley mates held Autumn festivities that she paid attention to, she had Winter and Kyle had Spring. The Onyx was relieved he didn’t want to jump into the talk of hunting and killing of things. “Sounds perfect.” The Minstrel didn’t need to see to hear the smile on her face and feel the relief in her being.

“What are family barbeques like?” Her question was more than just curiosity. As she took her seat, she didn’t feel the need to let go of his hand. L’aire really wanted to hear about his family, even if it could never happen again. The Dancer hadn’t ever been to one. It was only she and her mother.

“I only went for dance. Maybe some basic stuff, but it was a specific school of dance. Like a highly specific college, I guess you could say.” Although, she could barely remember the name of the college or her real name then for that matter. “It doesn’t mean I’m book smart in the slightest.”

“I wouldn’t say you have no real knowledge, Kyle.” Her brow furrowed slightly. She never realized he felt that way.

“Just because you didn’t go to college, doesn’t mean you’re less than anyone else. And it doesn’t make you less of a man to me.” It was exactly how she felt, nothing hidden in what she was saying. For once, she didn’t hesitate and her words came out directly. L’aire saw him with different eyes than probably some of the other Freehold.

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Kyle is handsome, with a strong jawline that is usually marred with stubble or an unkempt beard. He has short, messy brown hair that is often hidden beneath a hat. When he moves about he is accompanied by the sound of rustling foliage. He has bright, expressive brown eyes.
    Mien

Mien

Kyle's hair - his real hair - is comprised of short, tangled vines. He sports hornlike growths of twisted branches behind his pointed, elegant ears. His skin tone is tinted with the slightest hint of green, and is covered with crisscrossing white scars on his back and arms. His hair on his face and body is green and fibrous like the tufts on an ear of corn. Shifting vines grow from his palms, which are usually coiled around his hands like bandages. His irises are dull and pale.

PRE

"Well..." he starts, glad she's in god spirits. "Kinda quaint. I mean, when I was a teenager I always seemed to have better things to do than sit down and eat. Band practice, talkin to some girl on the phone, whatever. But I always knew my folks cared. Good food and good company - whether I wanted it or not." He blinks a few times, suddenly finding her question odd. "You've... never had one?"

"College is better than Arcadia for studies..." A moment later he shakes his head. "Sorry. Stupid thing to say." Everyone like them has their story. What is he doing acting like she hasn't lived one of her own? "Really. Sorry. And... thanks. To be honest, though, I've thought about takin some night classes." he admits. "Would be good to think above a high school level."

S
    Sasha

The Dancer shook her head. “No, unless it was before I could remember.” Pausing to think back as far as she could on the spot. “But, my dad died when I was three in the Gulf war. His family didn’t want anything to do with us after. Mom didn’t have any family left. She was an only child and her parents died before I was born.” She didn’t think anything of it, this was all she knew. “So, what do people do at family barbeques? Just eat and talk?”

Not knowing why he was apologizing, she understood what he meant. “But, you’re working on an album and your music too, right? As long as you don’t give that up. Talent can’t be learned, you have it or you don’t. And, you have it, Kyle. Sure people can learn to shape it and do different things. In the end, it’s still talent that prevails.”

“If you want to take classes for you, then go for it. I support your decision whatever you’d do.”

It was then she noticed Rick Pereg and Terri Nutkins walk in, she returned the wave but didn’t let go of Kyle or wave them over at the moment. Her focus solely on the Minstrel’s conversation.

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Kyle!" Coco proclaimed, striding up to the talking pair and offering them both a mock salute.

"I see you've picked a prime spot. Would you mind if I had a seat?" she asked, already pulling a nearby char over. "And Sasha, hello! You are looking just as fabulous as you were the last time I saw you. How have things been faring for you?"
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

6. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Mien

Mien

PRE

"Must have been hard for you, growin up." he says quietly. Where would he be now without the stability of an unbroken home in his childhood? "Well... it is mostly eatin and talkin, I guess, but it's quality time, too. Weather is nicer, so we get to eat outside... play catch with my dad while the grill heats up... takin time out of our day to just be a family. That kind of thing."

Being with her feels a little bit like that. Her support and company are enough to make him wish he'd come to Sacramento a long time ago. And it feels damn good for her to say those kinds of things about him.

"That means a lot, comin from you. Everyone knows you have talent." His smile says he means it. "I still remember that dance... the one where you stole the crowd."

Coco's voice pierces the veil of solitude that seems to have enveloped him, and, blinking a few times, he turns his head towards the new addition.

"Oh, hey Coco! Yeah, please do." A moment later he wonders if Sasha would have objected to the idea of company but... too late now.

8. Likes Cayce liked this post
    S
    Sasha

L’aire softly shrugged, her face wasn’t saddened by his description. “Well, I don’t know any different. So, it wasn’t really hard I guess.”

Her face became a little more radiant as the Minstrel described a window in his life. An endearing smile spread across her face. “I would like that. Or, to know what that is like.” L’aire looked down and bit her bottom lip a moment. “Um, well, you know what I mean.”

Squeezing his hand, L’aire continued to smile. “You sang too. Everyone stopped to listen.” The Onyx didn’t think she was a crowd stealer, and hearing it made her blush more than usual.

The Dancer turned slightly to see Coco as her voice broke the bubble that was momentarily around them. L’aire’s hand twined into Kyle’s further, not caring if the redhead saw. It was too late to say no, but it would be impolite. And after all, the two were of the same Court. “Hello, Coco.” She looked up at the Skittersulk with a full grin. “Things are really good.”

It would take a lot to kill her mood right now. A heck of a lot.

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Marvelous!" the Claviger exclaimed, lounging back in her chair and folding one leg over the other. "It seems as though everyone is doing well tonight, which is, in it's own way, a display of a well fortified freehold, strong in spirit. A boon of the sun, I would say. I, personally, never feel very angry on a nice summer day, or on a lazy summer eve, and perhaps that's part of what encouraged me to choose the Court I did. I was torn between the two for quite some time, however. Autumn and Winter never held my attention for very long.

"But, you're of winter, are you not, Sasha?" the Wasp asked next, fixing her faceted eyes upon the beauty. "What caused you to choose that over another court, if you don't mind my asking? Or how about you, Kyle? Was there ever any other court that caught your interest?"
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

11. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post
    Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Mien

Mien

PRE

Taking her wistful thought to heart, Kyle can imagine sharing moments like that with her. Experiencing the everyday occurrences of life and just enjoying the time they spend doing it. True, they aren't really a 'family'... but he hasn't even spoken to his real family since his Durance. He catches the Onyx blushing and grins mischievously, as if it had been his intention the whole time.

"Personally? Fear was a big part of my life when I came back. When I started writin songs again, my lyrics were pretty dark. I couldn't give it the direction I wished I could, but I almost felt the need to warn people..." He trails off for a moment, curling his fingers into his palm and searching for the right words. "I dunno, to be careful. That there are things out there that you should fear. And stay the hell away from."

He pushes his brows up a little, compensating for his dark train of thought and trying to look less concerned. Smiling again at last, he continues. "But that was the past, ya know? I felt like I wasn't doin any good scarin people. Not really. So I 'changed my tune'. Spring seemed like a good fit for someone tryin to make the world a better place."

13. Likes Cayce liked this post
    S
    Sasha

But you sure as hell were angry at the color fest thing.

L’aire kinda wanted to hear those songs from back then. She’d ask him later so as not to put him on the spot. After she’d come back, her dancing was not the same as it was now. Nervous, scared, she’d nearly broke her ankle from being uncertain they’d come for her again.

There were personal things that lead her to the Onyx court. Thankfully, the Minstrel answered first so she could figure out how to answer. “Um, well, I’ve never been a fierce type of person other than dancing. I’ve had enough fear in my life to not wish it upon others. I’ve learned to live without a lot of stuff, so Desires and joy never called to me."

Her hand, still entwined to Kyle’s, her thumb softly stroked the back of his hand, like a security blanket or calming fidget. “It’s with Winter I find solace. I’ve had a lot of things happen before and after being taken. I can empathize well with those who suffer from sadness. I’m uh, not that great at speaking sometimes. So, being in my Court, no one expects me to talk much.”

“I moved around for years with the Cirque de Soliel so, I was use to picking up and leaving at a moment’s notice.” L’aire only realized what she said after she’d said it. The Fairest turned slightly toward Kyle, still talking to Coco. “But, I’ve liked Sacramento so much that I moved away and came back.”

She may have only told the Minstrel a fraction of why she left and came back; the Dancer couldn’t remember.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread