Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1507) Two Guardians Equal a Conspiracy

THREADID
    M
    Matrixchild

July gave Zilker a moment to gauge how he'd respond to talking now. He followed the man's side-step and said matter-of-factly, "If now is a good time, I came from Chicago so I'm used to a lot of order involvement. Is there anything I should know or worry about? I joined Star in Veiled Threats and we're working on the Banisher issue."

He could gather the man was not very talkative, and July certainly didn't want to get too detailed in such a public place, but he was taught to seek his superiors, as least to see if they had instructions for him. A true Guardian balances the idea that one must act on the tenets instead of waiting for orders, but always check to see if there are any.

C
    Casitive

Zilker regards the man evenly. A placid lake in an otherwise storm of activity around him. He doesn't move without reason, the Thyrsus' eyes don't dart about as though searching for an answer that will never come. “I see,” the Guardian replies simply to July's explanation.

You are settling in, then. Have you understood why you've been brought here, then?” Asks the Thyrsus in half-riddle.

M
    Matrixchild

July kept his face calm and his look serious. Throughout his training he was chastised for his bluntness. The marshals had taught him to say what he needed to say; to get in and get out. No point tiptoeing with a felon unless it needed to be done. He had conversation after conversation about double speak and words with multiple means before his superiors realized his training may have been too ingrained. That's when they realized July wasn't a spy, he was their blunt instrument. He found who they wanted and he made them understand the rules. After learning about the Banihsers and GLO, he knew why he was sent here.

"I believe I do understand, that's why I've focused on them. They'll be taken care of. Just a moment,"
    he said holding up a finger. He quickly went to the table with the drinks and grabbed a napkin, writing his number on it. He walked back over and handed it to Zilker. "This is my number. If I can help with anything, let me know."

C
    Casitive

Good,” Zilker replies to July's assertion that he understands, on some level, why he has been brought to Sacramento. “The Consilium here flows like a River. It's always changing, ever moving, but there is a strength that many underestimate in it.

Placid eyes turn towards the connection between the American and the Sacramento Rivers. Reaching over, the Thyrsus then takes the napkin and folds it carefully before it is spirited away into his pocket. “Of course,” a nod turning back to July. “I will if there's a need. Welcome to Sacramento.

M
    Matrixchild

"I have found most people underestimate strength." July straightened up. "Thank you very much. I hope to work together sometime."

With that July nodded respectfully and headed back towards everyone else

Unless stopped by Zilker, July will head back to the main thread

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 7

You do not have permission to view the list of names.