Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Another Step

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    E
    Ermac

Ermac waited and realized the opportunity was open for him to inquire. Cautiously he arose, "I don't want to put Truce on the spot here. I apologize in advance if this is something of a curve ball."

He took a moment to breathe, "As I was one of the authors for the Charter revision, I have my share of blame for the miscommunication. Are there any Silver Laws do you feel could be reworded to enhance clarity of its meaning?"

C
    Casitive

Faye excuses herself from the meeting citing a need to take an important phone-call. Apologies are made and the door closes behind her.

Aquinas shakes his head in the negative towards Arthur, but interest and attention is paid towards Ermac. The man's unique insight as one of the 'parents' of the current Charter shows in his question. Sliding his gaze towards Truce, the Hierarch merely waits for him to respond.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce is surprised to hear from Ermac during the proceeding. The Necromancer blinks and glances curiously to the remaining thearchs. It is perhaps even more surprising that Faye takes her leave during the induction. Is the inclusion of a new member to the Silver Ladder regarded as a minor detail? Truce takes a deep breath and tells himself that it is likely an emergency that cannot wait, yet still the distraction lingers like a sliver in his finger.

"Well, from what I understand, the grievances held towards the previous Charter draft were primarily regarding the membership requirements. Because the grievances were expressed publicly and through the cooperation of each Path and their elected Councilors, the matter was attended to and the Charter redrafted to express the expectations of Solitaires and Apostates. That is why the Silver Laws are made malleable, I believe. As for the current draft and its laws..." Truce hesitates, considering the Charter as he remembers it. "I suppose I would not desire a rewording. In its current form the Charter is airtight for any situations that I can foresee. There will always be new precedents to consider as we encounter them. For example, I know I've heard mention of strained relations with neighboring Consilia. There is no current language in the Charter that addresses this possible threat, but I imagine a simple rewording could easily account for such dealings in the form of mediation as with any dispute between Cabals, or a collective invocation of the Precept of War. But I currently don't see the need for such a revision until there is a need for it. I certainly hope there won't be, but that is my understanding of how changes to the Charter are handled."

Arthur

Obrimos of the Silver Ladder

Presence 4 - Cocky
    Striking Looks 2 - Slick Smile

Reality War -Titanic Ep1: H: 1rB/7 M:7/12:3, W:5/5

+1
    SL
    PRE

Arthur suppresses a smile as Ermac rises and asks his question. Even if the man isn't allowed to take the Mantle he could still find a home and help the city. Eyes track Faye as she leaves the room but pounce back immediately to the inductee.

"A valid worry and something that may be necessary to look into further. However I believe that those questions are enough. Inductee please kneel and contemplate on the Oracles and the Awakened City. What was, is, and will be." As the inductee kneels Arthur steps down from the raised platform and walks a slow circle around the Moros. The censer swings gently as Arthur walks seven circles. Coming to a stop at the beginning of the circle he walked, Arthur retrieves the robe that was commissioned for the event. A deep violet robe edged with brown, clasps of lead to hold the robe around the inductee. Taking a knee to the kneeling Moros, Arthur silently motions for the white robe to be removed and helps the inductee don his new robes. Arthur flashes a grin to Truce then rises and steps back from the Moros.

"Rise Truce and embrace the Mantle you have chosen to bear."
    Arthur, Obrimos of the Silver Ladder, SL2 (Slick Smile), Pres 4 (Cocky)

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

PRE

Truce does as instructed, kneeling in his white cotton robe. He keeps his eyes lowered, still hearing Arthur's circling steps and the smell of incense. Thoughts form as he contemplates. He envisions a unified Consilium, a peaceful union that celebrates both the individual and the actions of justice and order. Thoughts flicker to Chelsea, of the crime she fell victim to and the enemies of their Awakened society. Through the Ladder he might find the means to prevent that violence from happening to others.

Once Arthur kneels with him, Truce glances up and nods his understanding, taking off the robe he wears to trade for the new one. Truce looks down at the violet color approvingly with his soft smile before meeting Arthur's eyes once again.

He rises. "I accept the duties of my choice, to bear this Mantle with resolve. I will do my best to bring guidance to others through action and example," he answers in reply.

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

A full on grin finally breaks through and Arthur steps forward and throws his arms around Truce. Giving the Moros possibly an awkward hug. Stepping back Arthur continues to beam.

"Welcome to the family." Eyes dance over to Aquinas, then Ermac. So few, and a hopefuly. It takes several breaths but a fidgety calm falls over Arthur once more. "I'm sorry that Faye had to step out." Stepping to two empty chairs in the closer circle Arthur moves them to the front for himself and Truce.

"Ermac you can sit up in the front circle now. We can talk about your thoughts." Eyes glance to Aquinas for a moment to see if the Heirarch has other plans before shifting back to the Ermac.

E
    Ermac

The urge to clap for Truce was quelled by the fact no one had clapped. Rather than be "that guy," he remained still and silent. Watching the ceremony and Truce receiving the welcoming embrace by Arthur, an amused smile appeared.

Upon being called forth, a dip of his head followed in acknowledgement. He arose from his chair and as instructed, took a seat in the first ring. "I'd like to thank you for allowing me to attend." He looked to the newly inducted thearch. "I have to thank Truce for his help." That night would stay clear in his mind.

"I'm sure it's apparent by now I'm no longer a Libertine." Obvious, but it was worth confirming it in his own words. "I only have what I know from the Free Council's perspective." He knew they were aware of the stereotypes joked about them behind closed doors. "I want to learn. I want to refine my talents to be better able to soothe the needs of Consilium."

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

Leaning forwards Arthur braces elbows on his thighs and rests his chin on raised fingers. When he speaks Arthur speaks calmly once again.

"If it is not too personal, what pushed you towards the Free Council initially?" There are many paths to each of the pillars.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

Truce awkwardly returns the hug with a gentle pat on Arthur's back as he cannot help but smile along with the Obrimos. Truce follows him to the empty chairs and takes a seat, remaining silent as Ermac is then put under the spotlight.

He nods to Ermac at the mention of Truce's assistance with a twitch of a deepening smile. Truce listens and waits for an opportunity to support the former Libertine in his application for membership.

E
    Ermac

"I wouldn't say I was pushed, far from it," Ermac calmly replied. "I'd say it was influenced by circumstance. My mentor, a Libertine by the name Ayrton, had played a critical role for me in the first year of Awakening. As I was trying to understand the life-altering change that occurred to me, she was ever present to help me come to terms with it."

"Naturally enough, the recruitment into the Free Council progressed over time."

Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread