Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
Puzzling leave

Miach

PRE

1 success to Sight; 4 successes to Shield; -2 Mana Cloaked
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-07-05 16:04:22 Miach rolls 9 to Res 3 + Ath 2 + Life 4 + HS 2 - extended to 24H 2 to Organic Resilience (10 Again) 2, 8, 1, 7, 6, 7, 5, 10, 6, 10, 8 4 successes
    2015-07-05 16:04:08 Miach rolls 9 to Wit 3 + Occ 3 + Rote Speciality 1 + Prime 2 + HS 2 - extended to 24H 2 to Supernal Vision -Retry 1 (10 Again) 1, 5, 7, 6, 2, 5, 7, 8, 1 1 success

While he remembered a time when Jack O.Falley had taken the reins of the Mysterium during an extended leave of Tyria, Miach had counted on her as a Pillar of stability, a beacon of order in the chaos that was Sacramento. And obviously the Hierarch thought the same, who had cabaled with her. So when she seemed to be gone, that had puzzled the Neokoros, to say the least. At least now, he hoped he would get some answers. Though if Gina took after the Curator...

Climbing the steps quickly, he wondered what was that promotion she had talked about. Another mystagogue promoted as an underling to Tyria, or something of the sort, probably...

Going straight for the desk, the tall Acanthus saluted Gina with his usual smile, but he was obviously eager for answers. "Hello Gina, how are you ? So... what's up ?" though he refrained from making the bunny's imitation he was sooo familiar with.

C
    Casitive

Gina is standing, hunched over her desk in a plum colored pencil skirt and breezy work-appropriate blouse. Heels sit unused as she stands in ballet flats instead. It's warm outside, and so her pony-tail bounces with her movement as she slides her attention to Miach.

“Oh, you are here. Good.” Gesturing to the Neokoros to follow her. “We're back from the conference,” Gina keeps a conversational tone with Miach as she leads him to a private room. The same one Tyria had used to ask them about the Protocols of Scholarship.

“And Dr. Primoria has been promoted.” The door clicks behind and Gina leans her head against the door listening. Satisfied the Sleepwalker continues, “But I'll be brief. We visited Tyria Primoria's Theonom and she was granted the next level in the mysteries. This makes her a Hierophant now and she will be ceding the reigns of active leadership. It's no longer her concern.”

A long look is given to the Doctor, waiting for his reaction.

Miach

PRE

Gina is her usual self, vibrant with life and pleasing to the eye. At least it looks like nothing bad has happened. And then as they enter a private room, she discloses The Situation.

Surprise. Shock. Fear. Doubt. Glee. Restraint.

All of those, and more, showed up in rapid succession on the Acanthus's face as he heard the news from Gina. He was about to speak, then paused. Looking at Gina, he tried to gauge anything from her body language about what she hadn't told yet.

"It is a long-deserved promotion, if you ask me. But we'll sorely miss her." he started guardedly.

"Now though, Dr Primoria is nothing if not thorough. Has she left any instructions about how is active leadership to be filled in the wake of her leave, please ?" He was the only Mystagogue left in the city, so it seemed pretty obvious to him, but still... Officials had been known to come from nowhere...

C
    Casitive

It's not like she's dead,” Gina states plainly off of Miach's guarded statement of missing her, “But she will no longer run the Order as Curator. She now has more important things to do, and a path to walk.” The pretty blonde woman looks incredulous at Miach for another long moment before she moves on.

I'll still be here running day-to-day things here at the Museum. Tyria Primoria will cover herself by saying she's retiring to Museum Staff.” A pause, and an intake of breath, “Which leaves you. I think you are it? You, then, are responsible for the Order now as an Awakened.

From a pocket, comes a set of keys. These Gina leaves on the table for Miach. “You want to call yourself Curator, knock yourself out Neokoros. But, you are in charge now. Want a coffee?

Miach

PRE

Miach stood there dumbfounded for an instant as he looked at Gina. Tyria would still be here ? He'd be in charge ? Oh...

"With lots of sugar, please..." was his first reply, as he took the keys in his hand, looking at them as if for the first time. Responsible for the Order, the Athenaeum...

After what seemed to him like a long while, he spoke, his eyes still looking out of place. "I've got so much questions..."

Then, he refocused quickly. "Dr Primoria is still here ? Can I talk with her, please ?" Why was he learning this from Gina, then ? He needed to hear it from her, for it to be, like, really real.

C
    Casitive

Dr. Primoria is busy right now,” Gina replies evenly. The Acanthus will either sink or swim. “You are probably going to have to come up with your own answers,” advises the Factotum as she gears up to step out for the requested coffee.

Something about if she didn't do it now, it would never happen.” A shrug, the Sleepwalker knows many things – this is not one of them.

I'll be right back.” With this, Gina steps out of the room and closes the door behind her with a gentle click. It leaves the Doctor alone with his thoughts for, at least a moment.

Miach

PRE

Come up with your own answers... easier said than done, really, but he had done so before, had he not ? And it wasn't like he had lost a loved one this time, had he ?

Nodding silently to Gina that she could indeed leave, the tall man's started staring silently at the ceiling, as if trying to pierce it with his gaze and search for the North Star. It was an opportunity, and so he was to seize it. It was probably one of those moments when Fate hinged on a coin toss. It would also be a test after all, one that he could sorely fail, and that could perhaps unmake him. No matter how you looked at it, though, he couldn't pass upon it.

And also... it meant he would be in charge of the Mysterium's agenda, or what he knew of it at least. Another responsability to shoulder. Could he do it ? Could he save that patient ?

Only one way to know, Doctor...

Damn, he should have asked for a cappuccino...

8. Likes Teeramus liked this post
    C
    Casitive

Gina returns with a cup of coffee that's already sugar'd, but a small tray comes along with it carrying cream and half-and-half, as well as more sugar; just in case. Both are set down in front of the Doctor and Gina asks, “Do you need anything else?” The question a bit impatient, there's work the Sleepwalker has to do and Candy Crush levels to overcome.

Miach

PRE

"Plenty..." the Doctor said absent-mindedly, as his hand reflexly took the coffee. "But for now, just that one thing: please explain to me what those keys are for, and we'll be good." Attending the Athenaeum... and the Censorium ?

C
    Casitive

“Athenaeum,” Gina answers helpfully of the rather ornate skeleton key that is now in Miach's hand. “Everything else is above my pay-grade, apparently.” She shrugs and then moves to the door. “I'll let you see yourself out.” Gina smiles but it's one of those forced smiles given between colleges rather than friends. It doesn't quite reaches her eyes but it means very little.

“I gotta get back to my desk.” With that, the blonde woman walks off, leaving the door open.

Looks like the end of the scene!

Closed Thread