Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Return of the GLO (VT Plot)

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    M
    Matrixchild

Waiting. It was something July was used to. Sometimes you had to wait days for a response. After eating, stepping to his room for a quick drink, and then finally a returning call was received. At the look given by Avis July wrote down the name Jace and waited for more information. He'd merely remember the lie about a party, because once they got to interrogating that lie would fall apart quickly.

C
    Casitive

Ain't nobody like dealing with that shit,” the bored voice replies over the phone. There's a story there, one that the voice isn't getting into. “Besides the fact that people go fucking bat-shit on it, like Salvia or fucking Bath-Salts. I'll see what I can do. But no promises.

An extended pause comes and goes. The beauty of LTE phones are that you can text while talking on the phone. Feelers sent out, “If I get it, come to <<Warehouse District>>. I got other lovelies, they come first.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Aight, well, there'll be an extra 300 dollars for you if you can make it happen fast," Avis told the weird ass girl over the line. Like, seriously, lovelies? The Veiled Threats ain't got time for that shit.

"In fact, I'll make that an extra 500 if you're willing to deliver," the Warlock added, hoping the allure of cash would snap the dealer out of their usual protocol. Which, frankly, sounded shady as hell.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

C
    Casitive

I don't deliver to weird ass people who Jace sends my way 'cus he wants some.” Retorts the girl over the line, “Besides, I'll be lucky to source GLO for you at all.” Veiled Threats might not have time for it, but the girl certainly does and the girl certainly leverages the apparent desperation on the other line.

I might have to deal with a fucker I'd rather not have to deal with.” That might be a clue for the Threats, despite it all. “Warehouse District. I'll text you so you ain't waiting all night to go nuts.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Aight. I'll be watching for it, then head to <<Warehouse District>>," Avis replied into the phone, then waited for the asshole on the other end of the line to hang up.

Once that had happened, and the line was now dead, Avis tossed the phone onto the table and turned to her companions, frowning.

"Well...we've still got our lead, but it's not gonna go how I originally thought it would. But, whatever, a plans useless if it can't adapt. As it stands now, we gotta meet some drug dealing chick in the warehouse district. From what she said on the phone, she might just be a dealer and not directly tied to the Banishers, but we should just assume that she is one and play it safe. So, that in mind, I have three ideas. Idea one, Faye and I try to talk the girl into giving up her GLO contact so that we can, quote on quote, start selling it ourselves. Idea two, we let July try and intimidate it out of her with a dirty cop routine. Idea three, we black bag her and try and dig the information out with magic.

"Now, Idea two could just be a fallback for idea one. Like, if Faye can't hack it, which could happen since it's not a dumb-ass frat boy now, then July could appear and try his shtick,"
    Avis said with a shrug.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

C
    Casitive

Sidenote: when you guys are ready, I'll start the next thread

M
    Matrixchild

"I personally like going plan one with plan two as a back up. But I'd add as a last resort a plan four. We don't know how GLO works or if these Banisher's have been training for supernatural resistance, so as a very last resort we need to decide if everyone is comfortable with torture if necessary. That would of course be after a black bag pick up and a mental delve. The other issue is even if we go with plans one and two should we think of making her forget anyway? We don't want her recognizing our faces later," July said as he sat back in his chair with his arms crossed. "But regardless we can figure this shit out as we go along, it's more minor stuff. The plan's going to change once we see what we're dealing with."

ooc

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"One and two."

Adaptability is Cool. That was like, totally a Thing. Mantra? Creed? Something. Plans, first contact, you know the rest. Preparation is a thing, but part of preparation is preparing for your original prep to fail. This Navigator sees plans within plans. Or something.

"I like it. You and Faye? Faye? You in?"
    It's a good idea. Opposites. That's a broad range of appeal. Better if it was a guy, but, hey, no-one is pigeon-holing anyone.

"Then July can drop in."
    Angels do backup. Some crews have snipers with scopes that see through buildings. Other teams have thread slicers. Ask Bonnie.

"Comms. That's really, like, the main thing we'll need to hash out."

All the other stuff?

They'd burn those bridges when they got to them.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"GLO fucks you up, is what it does. And the Banishers aren't gonna be any harder to effect than we might be, so unless one of them knows a lot of the Mind Arcanum, that's not gonna be super hard. Not easy, but not impossible," Avis countered, "so don't sharpen your knives yet. We don't even know if this girl is a Banisher or not, anyways, so unless she drops a spell on us, no, we're not gonna torture her. If we can't get anything from her, we'll hit up someone we know is a Banisher. Then I don't give a fuck what happens to them."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

It would have been too easy to have a dumb frat boy.

"The first plan sounds like a good starting place to me. We can always move to a different plan as events unfold. I'm on board for trying to work her, doing whatever needs to be done to get what we need."

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread