THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Rooftops were made for long summer afternoons. Crowley meditated on this fact as he sat on a crate, looking out over the Sanctum's crenelated red brick battlements. A light breeze ruffled his hair as he watched the street below: a car lazily drove by; a cluster of people waddled across the street like a small herd on migration. The Acanthus chugged the last quarter of the can, crushed it in both fists and airily tossed it into a makeshift bin.

Yes. Life was good. Up here in his red brick ivory tower.

It was easy to forget that on the street below and the city beyond, dangers lurked. The threat from Banisher University hung over them all; and the Seers were out there hiding amid the white noise, placing their pieces. And then there was the Golden Consilium... the Herald didn't quite understand the relationship between Sacramento and the Golden Consilium, but the name change had been a break from the past. No doubt that the Golden Consilium would retaliate at some point.

But...

Beer...

And friends...

And a rooftop on a long summer afternoon.

Cabochard Einstein Vassagon Truce

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

For most people, summer was a time of relaxation, of taking vacations, visiting family, maybe going to another country entirely for a month or two. Not so for Einstein. For one thing, she really didn't have any interest in visiting any other country, or her family for that matter. For another thing, she had to take on extra work at summer school over the summer, since when school was out they decided not to pay her otherwise. Stupid system. That didn't mean she couldn't take a break in the afternoon to go hang out with her 'family', though.

Einstein stepped out onto the roof, a yawn making its way out of her. Her hair was all mussed up, the quick nap in her bed having rather distinctly messed with it, and she was simply dressed in shorts and a t-shirt, quickly tossed on after she woke up. Her glasses were on, of course, as usual. She waved slightly at Crowley as she moved to take a spot on one of the benches. "Hey."

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce cradled a glass of wine in his hand as he ascends the steps to the rooftop. He knew that the others had chosen to relax up there and he really didn't wish to feel left out. For some reason he had been feeling distant towards his Cabalmates. Einstein, of course, because of her recent abstaining from Consilium activities. But they were still a Cabal, and he knew he aught to try and remain social with them.

"Good afternoon," he says with mild cheer as he joins the others. The Necromancer wears khaki shorts and a blue polo and sandals. The dry heat from the day still fills the air, but for now it isn't too unpleasant.

"How has everyone's day been?" he inquires.

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"Hey Truce!"

Crowley waves. "I see you got your own brew. Heh - its a good afternoon for it! Today has been nice. You know I could actually forgot about whats going on... out there... for a few hours. Fantastic."

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

Einstein didn't stay sitting for long. She stretched herself out over the length of the bench, lying down on her back, and made herself comfortable. She flashed Truce a grin. "My day was exhausting. I took a nap, and now I'm feeling a lot better." Her hands met each other over her stomach, fingers intertwining so that they would hold themselves up without any effort from her at all.

She looked at Crowley next, craning her neck and shifting her shoulders so that she could actually see him. "Let's...let's not talk about out there, right? Not right now. It's entirely too good of a lazy afternoon to let that crap intrude on it." She shifted again, smiling contentedly, like a cat sunning itself. "How've your summers been? Mine's been, well, not great. Too much having to work, not enough getting to sit back and relax, like all my students. Maybe I should just take it off and mooch off of you guys, huh?" She let out a laugh, and scratched her chin.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

PRE

"Oh this?" Truce raises the wine glass in hand. "Yes, well, I suppose I prefer my beverages bittersweet, heh," his laugh is soft, a light expulsion of air.

He listens as Einstein talks about her day. "Hmm," is all he says to answer her question about mooching. "Well my day has been somewhat eventful. Assisting with the care of patients at the clinic continues to be more of a mental challenge. But it does allow me to understand the nuances of the Sleeping mind. I caught up with some reading on my lunch break and took a walk. And the Ladder is due to convene soon, so I may be taking my first steps along those lines. Yes, much to do and to consider."

His answer doesn't really avoid the topics of the outside world, but then what exactly does that leave him with to talk about? Still, he aught to provide a shift of focus now that that's said.

"That's right, you're a school teacher, aren't you, Alice. Do you not find that to be a rewarding experience?" he asks her.

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley nodded.

"You been busy... Paul. Rewarding job too, I guess." He paused. "Is it rewarding? Sounds kinda heavy. Real heavy." He looked like he would continue but suddenly thought better of it. Instead he leaned on the wall. "Must be okay, or you wouldn't do it, right?" He mused quietly, letting the Moros question take centre stage.

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

PRE

Einstein didn't deign to raise her head to look at Truce, wiggling down the bench so that she could rest her head on it and basically be in a napping position. However, she did answer his question, thought without looking at him. "Sure, I guess, it's rewarding. Sort of. I mean, whenever I'm teaching them, it's helping, they're learning to peek behind the veil of what's real, to them. But, you know, until they Awaken, they won't actually get a good look back there."

She shrugged. "Just, I'm helping, and I'm pushing towards breaking the Lie, but it's still kinda depressing to see all these people who can't see anything, beyond what the Exarchs are forcing on them."

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

"Right. Yes, I see," says Truce, nodding at the truth in Einstein's observation. "We can only do what we can. Life is a struggle. Our actions are made all the more crucial by our limitations. But I think, if there's even a small chance, then that makes it worthwhile. That's why I hope to practice psychology one day. Finding insight into the workings of the mind may yet reveal a clue to the process of Awakening."

Truce remains standing for the moment, sampling his wine and taking in the view.

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

The conversation hit a sparse patch. With threatened to grow and consume the vibe.

"So. I make music. I'm becoming a bit more experimental than I used to. Guess I see things differently now. Not much point raging against the system when you know it for what it is; what causes it; and what you need to do to really bring it crashing down. I haven't had the balls yet to put the Truth in my lyrics. Not yet."

There was no edge to his voice when he spoke. He was being honest.

"Funny thing about music though. It can unify people. There really is a power in that."

He lapsed into silence. A watching and waiting silence. Then he offered:

"When I'm not doing that I'm cultivating the fringe nuts. They're the closest to the Truth the Sleepers get, really. And a little bit of knowledge can be dangerous if your too blind to see it." So that might not be the whole truth, but it was close enough. He was sure Truce and Einstein could probably join the dots if they wished.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread