Ended
Watch

Seneschal's Meeting

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    C
    Casitive

If I may,” David interjects; a meek, composed voice arises from next to Priscus Sterling. “The situation that Priscus Gilroy refers to is exceptionally sensitive. His Grace is aware of it and there are more ears in Elysium than just our own.” A rather foreboding warning delivered, David meshes his fingers just at his lap. One look of sorrowful apology is offered up to the Seneschal.

Ears are everywhere; it's quite a bit why it was Cozette who delivered the orders rather than Asa himself.

What do you do, when you cannot trust Elysium?

There's nothing the Shadow Priscus has to say about collecting a history of the Domain, as tangled and twisted as it is. David is a nexus of it, with his shadow somehow touching every corner of the Domain's recent history. Strange to think that merely two years ago he was a cowering, frightened man away from home for the first time.

The Mortician never thought he would be here among Prisci – the family was large and Order well attended. He thought he would be a quiet practitioner of his Family Business. Fate has other plans.

I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

As more voices are added to the discussion and more issues brought to the table, Konrad leans back in his chair and twiddles his thumbs thoughtfully, looking at a patch of the table in front of him with a serious expression.

He nods approvingly at David's suggestion for solving this Nefertiti crisis. Just another player in the game for the city. Clarke, Brady, and now Nefertiti. Factions sprouting up everywhere, and relations with both seem to be sensitive and volatile.

The returned look from Juan keeps Konrad holding his tongue on the matter of Coturi. But he's surprised when Kenneth is the one to bring it up. Konrad looks up again, coming back to an upright position as the Haunt suggests that Baker be given the task of locating the rogue Ventrue. Konrad considers leaking the information to his Carthian comrade, at least until David voices his concerns.

So it is top secret. And yet everyone here probably knows about it already. Well, except the Seneschal.

At his mention, Konrad looks to Katya. "Hmm? Oh, yeah, sure," he agrees quickly regarding the information hub and Kenneth's suggestion and gives the Haunt his attention. "I'll sit down with you sometime and lend you some info." Though the juicy details cost extra.

J
    Juan Cordoba

Juan's pen touches the paper once more elegant penmanship writing in Spanish. The words could be understood for those who understood the context of the conversation. Gilroy es Prisco. Gilroy quiere un archivo y Necrópolis. That was a sufficient enough for his note-taking on the Haunt.

The Daeva's head rose from the table. Even if he was repeating himself, it was worthing finding out who would do what. "Let's address our immediate threats - Khan and Society of Penelope. How shall we set these two against one another and who wishes to take lead on it?"

The pen in his hand gesturing to the worm. An uneasy feeling took hold of him as he looked upon the Nosferatu. Not out of animosity for the man he barely knew. It was the unpleasantness as if seeing a horrid insect much too close. "Second, I find Priscus Gilroy's idea for an archive to be very useful. I'd go so far to suggest that it be Gilroy to oversee the project once our current dangers are placated."

Alas the topic of Tobias Straiphen arose. It was inevitable. David was on point with there being too many ears and possibly unseen eyes watching. Konrad volunteering to meet with Gilroy - a note was filed away in his mind.

PRE

"They have already been set against each other. Or, at least the opening maneuvers to set them in that direction have happened," Josephine announced, allowing the small amendment in her statement due to the unavoidably ambiguous nature that games such as these had.

"Before her departure, Ducard and I met with Khan and spun a tale about the Society, their attacks upon us, the strange absence of 'our' Hierophant, and the theft of the amulet which Priscus Regan has spoken of. Khan and her lackeys appeared convinced of the story and began to gather their soldiers and other resources for a retaliation. Since then, I have not heard anything, but I thought it wisest to bide time and wait before prodding them again. It is also imperative that no one else prod them, for as the Reeve has pointed out, they believe that there are only a handful of vampires in the city in the first place. That is why I originally brought Khan and the Society up, to warn you all not to get involved in case you happened to stumble upon them, not to convince you of their 'immediate threat'," she explained.

Hopefully they would all see the wisdom in that.

"As for Priscus Gilroy's proposition, I would wholeheartedly support it."

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Gilroy sensed he had done something wrong. He had assumed the matter with Tobias was at least something that wasn't being shared with the general public. However, they were in a private room in the Nox, with no one but the Clan heads, the Reeve, and the Seneschal. If here wasn't the place to talk, in the Prince's own house... Regan's words were a great deal more ominous than their meek tone implied. Either there was concern that the Nox was bugged by enemies OR there were possible traitors in the room right now. And Gilroy had just tipped a hand.

"I apologize for bringing up the subject then. I was not aware things were that bad." Ignorance is no excuse, Gilroy. "However, some one should brief Senechal Harding in a more secure location then." David was the obvious candidate since he appeared to know about it more than Gilroy. But what place is more secure than Elysium?

Gilroy hoped he hadn't just signed his death warrant. So, for now he stayed silent.

He did give an appreciative seated bow to all who supported his idea. Especially Roth, who offered information. And even Cordoba, despite him trying to sneak in a claim on Kenneth's idea for the archive. At least that ploy was obvious enough. Who else would oversee the construction of an archive in the Necropolis if not the Nosferatu Priscus?
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

6. Likes West, Yumyumcrow liked this post

"I don't wish to cast disparity upon you, Priscus Gilroy, but I believe that your trespass upon a subject which is not fit for this meeting is simply yet one more sign of your predecessor's incompetency. Clearly she did not properly appraise you of the situation. Thus, I think it best if you do not suggest a course of action on that particular matter," the Ventrue chided, hoping that the Haunt wouldn't take it as an insult to hoard close to a wound.

"Now then, moving on to another topic, is there any other matter that concerns the safety of the Domain? If not, then perhaps you have some questions for us, Seneschal Harding, or maybe even some information concerning yourself and what we should expect from you?"

s
    sumthingpositiv

Katya registers David's body language and words as he carefully cautions her to drop the subject. The fact that no one else in the room presses for more information tells her that his words are to be heeded and so she says "Very well, as long as his Grace is aware of this, then let us move on. " with a nod of her head. It does bring her a sense of unease knowing that even in this private room, all was not private.

And move they do, a step backward to converse over the situation between Kahn and Ehtar. While Katya would love to be filled in on more specifics of the plan, it seems like it is well handled by Priscus Sterling and the Reeve and to try to learn all that they had planned could only lead to making errors. Everyone agreed that rushing things is a more prudent course of action and cramming that all in one night was not.

She turns to Priscus Gilroy once more and offers a warm smile at his humble nature. "No need to apologize Priscus, the purpose of this meeting is to share information and you did just that, I can always follow up later in more appropriate quarters." she says with a casual glance to David, to let him know she did intend to do that if he felt it best.

When Priscus Sterling pushes towards moving on, Katya is appreciative of her keeping focus. Threats to the domain, what wasn't these days? Katya imagines they could spend a whole night discussing threats and so perhaps other business might be better handled now so it could be set aside. "Thank you for clarifying Priscus Sterling. It is clear that you and Reeve Wooding have a strong plan set up for the situation. I'm sure it goes without saying that you both know you can contact us at anytime if you feel we can be of assistance to your plans."

She turns to everyone again "As for your questions, I imagine we could spend a lot of time discussing threats, there is one incident that the Reeve and I ran into but I'll leave that for him to decide if it's important to discuss here if he so wishes." A glance is tossed to Chris, remembering the University and the strange fight that involved Matthew but he knew more than her about the conclusion so she wasn't going to delay anymore time on it unless he wanted to.

"As for what to expect from me, well, as some of you know, I work at the Asylum as the practices involved in that establishment are a lifestyle I've practiced for years. The same way I carry myself in that world is the same way I plan on carrying myself as Senechal. What does this mean? Well, communication is an important factor in how i work with people, what makes them happy, what causes them distress and how to help them manage it, how to create a scene for someone that is unique for them that they can enjoy. For the city, this means any concerns, resentments, anger over a violation of boundaries, or certain goals kindred wish to achieve may require the attention of members of the Royal Court and I would like to know if I can be of help in thinking of ways to address these issues so they aren't constantly requiring the Prince's immediate attention if it is not necessary."

She places her hands on the table "Obviously, such a discussion may require privacy so feel free set up a meeting with my to do so. A better way to put it is that I'd like to be the person to listen to grievances or city business to better alleviate any resentments that may lead to the Royal Court being perceived as "unapproachable". So.." her eyes wander across the audience before her "Are there any matters fitting to the criteria I just mentioned that anyone here would like to discuss? Or are there any concerns some might have about how I will handle my duties. I'd like to air out any concerns if possible before we move onto items the Reeve wanted to discuss."

Katya knows the reasons for why the elders might raise an eyebrow at her ascension. It is better to get it out now in the open, showing them that she doesn't fear transparency which might be her most powerful weapon she has against those who are arguably stronger than her in terms of blood.

I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

As long as you don't start beating us with a riding crop, thinks Konrad, suppressing a smirk at the thought.

"I'm on board, Seneschal Harding. I'd like our Clan to be fully cooperative in keeping the Prince Clarke's Domain secure. This Khan business sounds like it's being handled. I'll be sure to stay clear of it and let others know to do the same. Outside of top secret biz I'm not aware of any problems that need discussing."

Most of the problems Konrad has encountered are better left unsaid. The Reeve is already aware of one of them to Konrad's knowledge.

A glance is given to the Reeve, awaiting his contribution to tonight's agenda.

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Kenneth nodded in acquiescence to Sterling's wisdom. He wasn't insulted so much for himself as for Angel, given she wasn't here to defend herself. But Ducard wasn't here. Kenneth was, and Josephine was at least partly right, he hadn't been fully briefed. He had said enough, possibly to much, and shown support of the new Seneschal. It wasn't his job to jump in to insist she be brought up to speed. Harding would have to do that for herself. Which it looked like she would.

Kenneth made some notes as Katya provided expectations for how she would be handling her duties. He hadn't heard of the Asylum (Gilroy tended to avoid clubs as feeding grounds), but he'd be sure to research it now. From the rest of the description it sounded like the Seneschal would be acting as a facilitator, negotiator, and go-between between Kindred; as well as a link in the chain of command to the Prince.

"I have no further concerns or questions at this time," Gilroy confirmed. Well, that was untrue. He had some but nothing that needed or could be brought up here and now.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

C
    Casitive

Pride does not factor into the man that is David Regan. If it did, he would be aghast at being forgotten about by the Seneschal. Especially since the plan to set the Society against the Bank was his idea originally and the Reeve basically flubbed his own plan and has had nothing to do with it since. Most of this the Shadow has hinted at, himself, within the last few minutes.

David is quite used to being completely overlooked, forgotten about, and underestimated. This does not mean that his face is completely schooled, as a bushy brow arches slightly while looking towards Josephine at the Seneschal's mention of 'Reeve Wooding' in relation to the plan. David doesn't dwell on it, merely nodding at Katya when she suggests following up on the Straiphen affair later. The Shadow never looks directly at people, always over, or to the side.

Priscus Gilroy, if you'd like to speak on recent Domain history; feel free to contact me.” The Dragon's soft-spoken tenor moves gently over the syllables.

I have faith in your abilities,” David states to the Seneschal, “I wouldn't worry about the being perceived as too 'unapproachable.'” If anything, Martha Villiers made the office of the Seneschal appear too familiar to the rest. “I do not have any other issue to bring up here,” a curious look is cast towards the Reeve.

Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 28

You do not have permission to view the list of names.