Ended
Watch
151 - 160
DISPLAYED
(Long Memories) Thief of Midnight

Page 16 of 16 First ... 6 12 13 14 15 16
    S
    Sasha

“Okay, but make damn certain your ears are plugged when whoever plays.” She grimaced at Milo and then nodded to the rest of the group. None of them were there when Sam and the couple heard the music and began to forget. It was still uncertain if it was the birds who really stole the memories, or the flute that stole them and put them in the birds. Judging by the pudgy birds, she wasn't about to take the risk.

“We have one shot at this Morgan, at least I think. Do you want me to give it a try first or are you going to be okay trying first?” L’aire only had recorder lessons, as many children did in school. Yet considering she was a Fairest, she had a little extra blessing for this sort of thing.

ooc

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Still holding onto the cage, the Beast offers the flute towards the dancer, "Ye'd likely be-be-be better."

Morgan hoped L'Aire had more practical experience with music then did the Beast. All Morgan had done was read on the subject, albeit voraciously, to better relate to her motley mate. As L'Aire takes the flute from Morgan, when there hands touch, Morgan will use more of her glamour to give L'Aire the blessing of Favored Fate. An attempt to ensure that L'Aire will do better then the Beast could.

Though the Beast was getting worried that she was starting to "run on fumes."

-1 Glamour, L'Aire gains +4 dice on her next roll

S
    Sasha

L'aire began to pick up the flute but stopped.

"I am serious. You guys need to plug your ears. I'll explain later."

Unless you want to hand wave that much Trickster ?

Lynn Mills

We'll hand wave that for now, so we can go ahead and get to the next scene. Please decide what your plan of action is and where you'll be going next.

What exactly is being handwaved? Control of the birds? Are we able to return them to the cage?

S
    Sasha

L'aire begins to play a simple tune, something ingrained in her head from years before. Hopefully it's effective enough for the birds. She still wondered as the others plugged their ears, if it had been the flute or the birds that caused Sam to lose a few minutes of his memory.

4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-11-28 20:31:52 Sasha forgot dice from Morgan rolls 4 to Add-on (9 Again) 4, 8, 1, 3 1 success
    2015-11-28 20:30:10 Sasha Pied Piper rolls 12 to Pres+Exp+SL (9 Again, WillPower) 6, 5, 2, 5, 6, 9, 5, 2, 2, 10, 6, 4, 1, 9, 1 3 successes

OOC handwave

Lynn Mills

On the hood and around the truck, the birds all cocked their heads to one side, letting out soft chirps as the sound of the flute reached them. There was a flutter of wings as the followed the lure of the soft notes, slipping through the window and into the cage one by one. It took only a few moments before they all sat inside the cage once again, softly chirping and looking about with bright and inquisitive eyes.

8. Likes Origins liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

It was awkward to brace the cage with her knees and elbows, but the Beast took L'Aire seriously when she was told to plug her ears. It was more awkward holding it when the birds flocked into the cage but she managed to keep hold.

Morgan waited until L'Aire stopped playing before unplugging her ears to close and lock the birdcage. She kept the claws of her left hand pressed against the door, just in case there was a trick to keeping it locked. It was odd that such a large flock could fit into such a small cage but the Wyrd laughs at physics so she shrugged it off. Morgan did spend a moment just staring at the birds within, a smile creeping onto her face. Aw, so cute. No! Dangerous memory stealing birds are dangerous not cute! She shook her head quickly to shake off the impression. Sympathy for the monster was a good way to get eaten.

"Hoo-kay...I did-did secure the latch right, yes?" She inquired as she looked between Milo and L'Aire, "Ye two are the mah-most experienced with this. I-I-I just wanna be sssure the lil-birdies ain't getting out-out if I mah-move me heh-hand."

With the birds secured, perhaps more eager to be away now than even before, Ramona puts the truck in Drive and pulls away from this place.

Ok, next steps: Ramona's first idea, calling Lynn Mills to give her a sitrep, let her know that the Autumn Commons might be compromised, and ask for guidance, still seems like a good idea. So does hiding at The Forge with Duncan and his mortals for protection.

However... we now have birds full of stolen memories. I think perhaps it is also a good idea for us to find out what these memories are. They could provide us with clues!

Milo Chernobog

PRE

The look of relief on Milo's face couldn't be described in words and wasn't in any way hidden. Maybe it was joy that they weren't out there causing trouble anymore, or maybe the late night hours were wearing him down.

"Correct Morgan." The Fairest said as the truck went into motion. Finally this night was almost over.

I'm gonna continue this talk in the OOC thread.

Page 16 of 16 First ... 6 12 13 14 15 16
Closed Thread