Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Long Memories) Thief of Midnight

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

It was getting late when the investigating group arrived a block away from the address that Ms Jasons had given to Morgan. The neighborhood was just inside the southern border of the Freehold and after asking the cab driver, he pointed down to the next street.

Rows of little shops line the street and no doubt Moira's address was above one of them. The street was quiet with the street lamps illuminated at this midnight hour and no soul could be seen immediately. It didn't appear as a bad area to live; indeed, there was hardly any graffiti marking the metal security shutters on the shops themselves.

A cat walked quickly past the group, heading towards an alley behind a row of shops.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

After the ride Morgan took in the streets. If the address was for a shop, then that must mean Moira owned one right? The woman must live above one of the shops or something, people did that right? Looking down at the note, the raccoon observed the numbers on the shops and counted towards the correct one. The calico cat was noted, at least it wasn't black for bad luck, and hey there was a back alley.

She pointed out what should be the right building, "Oh-heh-heh, that-at should be the right shop-apartment...um, so," she looked over her shoulder at everyone, before spinning around to face the group. "Eh-heh, how are we planning to approach? Sssplit group," she pointed to the shop (on her left side) with her right hand whilst her left hand pointed at the alley (on her right side) leaving her arms crossed, "Oro-or all together?" now she spun on her heel to look back towards the shop, pointing with both hands at the shop again.

After a second she turned her head back to look at the group, curious to see if someone had a good plan.

3. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post

Ciara Maskelyne

Finn gives a long stretch as he exits the vehicle; hazy wings leaving wispy contrails in the night air as they subconsciously mimic the motions of the man's arms and shoulders. The night was wearing on, and the Fairest can feel the first gentle tugs of weariness on his eyelids; but he shakes his head to try and clear him mind. There was still much to do before the group parted ways for the evening; it wouldn't do to fall asleep on the job now. Besides, it wouldn't be the first time Finn was awake to see the rising sun; and the coffee was helping a bit.

As he looks up and down the street, he can't keep a slight frown from turning down the corners of his mouth. He had been in worse places before, but they were awfully close to the edges of the Freehold. Of course, if tonight had proven anything it was that the borders on a map meant precious little when it came to security if usurpers could influence those that lived in a Courts very stronghold...

He turns his attention to Morgan when she spoke, thinking over the possibilities of how to approach the situation. "My first thought is to stick together. We're assuming Moira is working with Tommy's associates, either willingly or through coercion. And if they're all still in there, I doubt they'll take kindly to any nosy intruders. Though, it might be a good idea to have someone in the alley; just in case they try to sneak out the back, as it were.

I don't suppose anyone would be willing to volunteer to watch the back? I don't mind being the obvious target going through the front door, but alleyways and me, we don't get along very well..."

As if to underscore his words, Finn's eyes dart over to the dark passageway between shops before returning to the group of Freeholders.

Ramona pulls the truck into a parking space at the end of the block, around a corner. Not eager to spook Moira by climbing out right outside her window. She diligently locks the vehicle once everyone's disembarked. The cat draws her attention, but for a different reason. "I don't suppose anyone here knows if Emma's a... cat person?" She ponders idly. That could be her right now, with the right application of Beast Contracts. But she doesn't expect an answer, it's doubtful anyone here knows.

She turns back to face the group, "We're not assuming anything," she reminds Finn with a cool tone. He'd made that mistake already, and Mrs. Jasons had corrected him on it. If he'd forgotten, she'd remind him. "We think it's likely that Moira might be hiding Emma, or know where she is. We don't know any more than that." She's looking right at Finn while she says it, but her glare softens a little at the end, "It's a good idea to be cautious, because it is possible she's involved, or that there's some other unfriendly presence in the apartment. Possible, but not certain. Don't go in there prejudiced, we don't know enough, and we've been told go gently here anyway."

Splitting up sounds like a bad idea. Morgan's expressed a proficiency with throwing knives, and Ramona knows how to handle herself in a fight, but she has no idea if the others have any kind of self-defense training. On the other hand there could be certain... advantages. "Chances are they don't know our faces yet. Tommy's friends. Not mine, or Morgan's, or Finn's. Just yours," she tilts her head at Milo and L'aire. "If you go in there, and someone's inside who knows what's going on, we lose any element of surprise. The three of us? We're just concerned friends looking for Emma."

"We're not assuming anything," she reminds Finn with a cool tone. He'd made that mistake already That mistake had been made already, and Mrs. Jasons had corrected him them on it. If he'd forgotten, she'd remind him. "We think it's likely that Moira might be hiding Emma, or know where she is. We don't know any more than that." She's looking right at Finn while she says it, but her glare softens a little at the end, "It's a good idea to be cautious, because it is possible she's involved, or that there's some other unfriendly presence in the apartment. Possible, but not certain. Don't go in there prejudiced, we don't know enough, and we've been told go gently here anyway."
    OOC: I made some mistakes in my last post. Here are corrections.

S
    Sasha

L’aire had gotten out of whatever vehicle she came in and moved to where the group was gathering. She felt like she only knew pieces of what was going on, these situations were not normally her thing.

“Uh, okay, well, just tell me if you want me to go in or stand watch at the door or something. Either way, I’ll make do.”

Things had definitely been strange since this whole thing started at a coffee shop a while back. First memories, then birds, now more strangeness. The Onyx just hoped that they weren’t all walking into some kind of really weird business or a trap.

Milo Chernobog

PRE

They had only just arrived and already there was dissonance in the group. Milos supposed that was the cost of working with the court of hotheads, but the notion was discarded as he realized how inaccurate that assumption likely was.

"Myself and Morgan will do a quick pass around the building to note exits. If there are alternative exits to the front door someone should watch them and make sure they don't try and escape before we can talk." The Fairest then looked down to Morgan. "First however, we should see if such is necessary. If you all can look busy for a few moments it would be nice."

Because tipping off the people your trying to intercept rarely worked out in the interceptor's favor. In that same vein the Fairest hardened his mask and drew upon his contracts to aid him in his stealth.

2 suxx Shadowpatch, 4 suxx Stealth to try to blend in while he circles the building
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-06-29 19:30:30 Milo Chernobog rolls 11 to fly casual (Dex+Stealth+3Smoke) (8 Again) 3, 8, 7, 2, 7, 4, 3, 3, 10, 1, 7, 10, 8, 2, 3 4 successes
    2015-06-29 19:29:54 Milo Chernobog rolls 4 to Smoke 3 (Wits+Wyrd) (10 Again) 7, 8, 8, 7 2 successes

-1 Glamour to Harden Mask, -1 Glamour for Smoke 3

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan nodded her head in agreement with the current plan, "Uh-okay-day, I g-guess doing the stealth then, heh-heh...Um, if threat arrive...we m-make much noise? Poor-but-accurate-plan," she shrugs with a chuckle befoer yapping on, "ano-and pleeease do same if ye gets into trouble oro-or use tele-mah-phone, heh...Shalt return with heh-haste," she gives a little salute before following after Milo.

3 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-06-30 15:15:53 Morgan Bellanar rolls 6 to Shadowpatch (10 Again) 6, 7, 8, 9, 5, 8 3 successes
      1 suxx blend in
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-06-30 15:16:55 Morgan Bellanar rolls 11 to Dex+Stealth+Shadowpatch (10 Again) 4, 3, 4, 9, 2, 3, 2, 5, 6, 2, 7 1 success

Whilst the raccoon faded from sight, the stealth advantage didn't stick. She didn't seem to be quite on her game for sneaking tonight. Maybe she should pack the ninja costume in her backpack in the future?

10. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post

Ciara Maskelyne

Finn returns Ramona's gaze, wondering what the stink-eye was all about. "Believe me, nothing would make me happier than if all we find in the apartment are the two of them; much better than the alternatives. But, I find it wise to hope for the best and prepare for the worst. At least that way you aren't surprised when you get shot at..." There's sincerity in his voice; the Fairest didn't want to believe two Courtiers were fully willing and able to help outsiders deceive the Freehold, but he wasn't about to let his guard down either.

He remains quiet as he listens to the rest of her words, then the thoughts of the others. It made sense to let those best equipped do the spotting. He nods to Milo and Morgan as they head off to do a little scouting, turning his attention to the other remaining Fairest. "Sasha, why don't you find an out of the way, inconspicuous place to watch the front of the building? That way if anyone gets away from us or freaks out and bolts you can at least see where they go?"

He then turns back to Ramona. "I guess that makes us the welcome wagon. How's your Jehovah's Witness impression these days?"

S
    Sasha

L’aire cocked her brow at Finn. “Um… okay? I can try…”

“You may want to test this, cause um… well, I’m obviously not the greatest at hiding.” Considering the Fairest had a slight glow to other Changelings, she was aware she was pretty but never admitted it and well, she wasn't the best at this because of her nature.

The Dancer walked over to her truck and sat in the back, in the corner as far into the shadow as she could. If they couldn’t see her, she would remain there watching. If not, then clearly a change of plans was needed.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-07-06 22:02:24 Sasha Hiding rolls 4 to Wits+Stealth (10 Again) 3, 3, 2, 10, 9 2 successes

-1 Glamour Hardened Mask
    Activating Perfect Stillness

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread