Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Blue Octavo) A Friend In Need

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    M
    Matrixchild

"Molina and Barton...I don't know the names but I'll see what I can find out about the case. Hopefully we can get a copy of their full report including the Property and Evidence sheet, that'll tell us what they've recovered. Any access to say the murder weapon or other gathered evidence could help find this guy."

This was not July's first rodeo. As a Marshal he didn't focus on murder investigation, but when a fugitive killed someone they got jurisdiction, and they took it seriously.

"I'm not a code breaker by any means, but I can at least try and figure out what it's saying. And if he does see himself as a god then he'll absolutely do this again."

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Well, also...."

Fingers waggled. Waggling fingers? It's like twitching your nose. Minus the whole hot blond thing.

"I mean, I'm thinking, if we can get a few more details or something? Maybe July can do some of that Acanthus stuff. Like, maybe, where the perp strikes next?"
    Greenish eyes flickered over to the other Guardian.

"I don't, like, know your, ummm. You know. What you're good at. So maybe that's out. But let's do some digging, see if we can find anything else out. Then we can call Einstein, maybe, and compare notes."

Comparing notes is the easy part. Right, Omar?
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

C
    Casitive

Star Only

A voice, more a whisper against the left ear of the Obrimos and so faint he might mistake it for the whirring of this and that in the kitchen.

“Fo'sure”

Arthur

Obrimos of the Silver Ladder

Presence 4 - Cocky
    Striking Looks 2 - Slick Smile

Reality War -Titanic Ep1: H: 1rB/7 M:7/12:3, W:5/5

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I'll see if my guy can get hold of those sheets. Evidence and Property right?" Arthur nods as Star brings up the possibility of Supernal-shenanigans.

"Ya that sort of stuff is not something I can do even a little." A shake of his head then Arthur looks to July. "Actually, July, are there any other words that would be good to use?"
    Arthur, Obrimos of the Silver Ladder, SL2 (Slick Smile), Pres 4 (Cocky)

M
    Matrixchild

"Well I only have a basic of knowledge of Time but I understand Space and Fate so but all three of those together I can certainly figure out a way to glean when and where this guy should be. I'm also pretty good at regular old investigating, like the kind regular cops do, but with many years of experience so that should help," he said in response to Star.

Turning to Arthur he said, "They'll know what you're talking about, but it's usually 'Property and Evidence'. I only correct you because you want to make sure you sound like you know exactly what you want, we don't want anyone to get extra suspicious."

He sat back and scratched his head before continuing. "Now I've got my own contact in the department, though I don't know how much he could help. But if we can, I'd like is to see if we can get a copy of their full case file. It sounds crazy, but they give copies of that out to the prosecutor and defense attorney with every case so it shouldn't be too hard. The reason we want the full report is the investigator keeps track of all his notes through the case and we want to know if they've made any progress or have any suspects. The more we have to go on, the easier time we'll have. At the minimum though we need that 'P&E' sheet because that will have a description of all the evidence recovered. We get that and we don't need to see the actual evidence, we can just scry into the evidence room and analyze it from here."

July looked down at his coffee after finishing speaking and took a sip. Finally he was putting his experience to good use.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"What?"

Brows furrowed. That didn't sound like...

"Uh. Cool." See? There's a plan. No need to overthink it or re-hash it. Leftover hash is gross. "Let's all do that? Then, ummmm, compare notes? Yeah. Okay. So. Ummm."

Sniff. What was that smell? The mop leaned, edging away.

"I'm gonna go shower. Catch, ummmm, you guys later?"

Q-tips. Someone, somewhere in the sanctum, had to have Q-tips.

Because cleaning out ears.

Star Exits!
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

Arthur

Obrimos of the Silver Ladder

Presence 4 - Cocky
    Striking Looks 2 - Slick Smile

Reality War -Titanic Ep1: H: 1rB/7 M:7/12:3, W:5/5

+1
    SL
    PRE

"O one sheet, two names. Gotcha." Bureaucracy, can't stop it and can't live without it. Seers did a good one there making that abomination.

"See ya round Star." The other Theurgist gets a heads up nod before Arthur looks to the remaining Guardian. "Aight, I'm going to go for a walk and make the call."

Taking one last glance at the whatever the hell that's supposed to be Arthur puts his coffee cup in the sink, throws July a nod as well and goes to find some clothes to go outside in.

Arthur leaves the scene
    Arthur, Obrimos of the Silver Ladder, SL2 (Slick Smile), Pres 4 (Cocky)

M
    Matrixchild

Watching them both walk away July grabbed his cup and headed for his room. Maybe he'd practice his guns.

July leaves scene

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread