Ended
Watch

(1506) Reveneux's Acknowledgement

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    J
    Juan Cordoba

The Priscus walked with purpose back toward the room he and Konrad had vacated moments ago. He waited at the door for his newest arrival.

M
    MrBrightside

As Juan makes his way to the back room, Philip stays close behind, and then steps inside the meeting room.

"I was scarcely here a few minutes Priscus Cordoba. Thank you for being so swift." He runs a hand through his hair and smiles. "I'm happy to answer any questions you may have about my intentions in Sacramento, may journey here, and so on." The Duchagne was familiar with formality and fine with these sorts of bureaucratic requirements. It was the submission of Acknowledgment he disliked. The sooner it was over, the sooner he could stand upright again.

J
    Juan Cordoba

The Priscus enters and closes the door behind him. "Have a seat Mister Reveneux," he gestures to the chair. This would be the perfect opportunity. The unfamiliar Beast clawed at his mind, gnawing at his control.

Another smile appeared, before taking a chair and crossing one heel upon his knee. At his Cousin's observation, "One in my position ought not delay to welcome to Family. It's poor form," Cordoba grinned with self-satisfaction. He chuckled lightheartedly, "Just an easy icebreaker...tell me a bit about yourself. Where are you coming from? What are your interests? Things of that nature."

M
    MrBrightside

The closing of the door impresses on Philip just how contained this space is. Fear starts to seep into his mind as he takes a seat before the superior predator.

"I am from Ohio originally, but was sired and have spent nearly all my requiem in New York City. I'm Invictus by both heritage and choice. I've sampled bits and pieces of other covenants," A dismissive hand gesture is made. "Religion is just another master to serve. Carthians spend too much time squabbling over everything. The Invictus at least offer clear rewards for action." That and they ruled New York City by and large. Philip saw no reason to play for anything but the winning team.

"The city is beautiful, but it started to get droll after a while. When my sire and sister left town...well....I ran out of reasons to stay." When your family was gone, watching the Prince be slapped around by the Primogen was only entertaining for so long. "As far as interests go..." Philip bites his lower lip. "I grew up in bars and lounges. I sing and play guitar. Books, politics, even medicine has its appeal. I try to be as eclectic as possible. If acknowledgment goes smoothly I'd like to begin performing again. Surely this town has good venues." Good bars made for good hunting grounds after all.

J
    Juan Cordoba

The Priscus's eyes alight with interest, "From Ohio to New York now to Sacramento. You've certainly traveled a good way." With a nod, "You will certainly have to tell me more of your journey as we get to know one another within the Domain."

He paused, reflecting on this new arrival, "Before we spend too much time on that subject, it is my duty to inform you of the Laws of the Domain of Sacramento." He held up to fingers on his right hand, "The two most important individuals pertaining to both Covenenant and Domain you must be made aware of are His Grace, Alder Prince Asa Clarke, The Duke of Sacramento and Judex. Her Grace, Alder Twist, Royal Archon and Duchess of Sacramento. Both are of the Invictus. The Prince is of Clan Ventrue, Alder Twist of Clan Daeva." After speaking of their honorifics, he set down his hand.

Settling into a well-rehearsed tone, "Keep the Traditions. Havens of Kindred in good standing are sacrosanct. Only He or the Seneschal, the current Seneschal being Katya Harding, will call a Bloodhunt, and only He shall grant the Right of Destruction or Blood Bond between Kindred. Treason against His Grace, Asa Clarke, his praxis, or his Court will be punished. Appearance at formal Courts is expected, but not mandatory; however, missing two in succession will result in revocation of your Acknowledgment. Do not interfere with the Kine of this city involved in law enforcement, firefighting, or medical endeavors -- including Hunting or Ghouling."

"We honor the customs of Monomacy and Prestation, and the Court official who enforces His Law shall be referred to as Reeve. The current Reeve is Chris Wooding, Clan Mekhet."

"Before I move along, do you have any questions at this time?"

M
    MrBrightside

The word "laws" threatens to send Philip into torpor, but as the Priscus explains the Duke's and Duchess' affiliations his ears perk up. The family was well represented at the highest levels.

As for the laws, well, they were straightforward enough. Show up, be respectful, don't fuck with anything that could breach the Masquerade.

It was less invasive than the Daeva expected.

Monomacy and Prestation. Exchanging boons wasn't anything new. Monomacy though. Philip much preferred his head attached to his body and his heart still inside his chest. Don't piss anyone off. Duly noted.

"I don't have any questions about the Domain. No sir."

J
    Juan Cordoba

The Toreador nodded, "Excellent. With that matter taken care of, you, Mister Reveneux, are now hereby Acknowledged into the Domain of Sacramento." He smiled warmly, "You are permitted to hunt within the Domain." Cordoba arose extending a hand, "Welcome Cousin."

M
    MrBrightside

"Thank you Priscus Cordoba. I look forward to my time in Sacramento." Philip offered a firm grip in response. "I'll do my best to represent our clan and covenant well."

The Daeva rose from his chair and straightened his shirt. "If there is nothing else Priscus, I'll let you return to your evening."

J
    Juan Cordoba

With their business concluded, Cordoba shook his head. "That takes care of everything for tonight," he then added, "Here after, if you have any questions, concerns, or seeking conversation, do not hesitate to ask." Juan approached the door and opened it, permitting Philip to leave ahead of him. "Now let us return to the fun."

M
    MrBrightside

With a nod Philip returns to court. His Priscus had been quick and timely, which was better than what he was used to. "Good evening sir."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 8

You do not have permission to view the list of names.