Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Perhaps no one has noticed it, or it is more a selffulfilling prophecy than a real fact, but Chris is always closely in touch with clan Daeva. One way or another. It all started very early. He met his Sire during a holiday at a nightclub in San Francisco, of all places. The girl was irresponsible, and not your typical Mekhet. That is probably what got her killed.

Then soon, a local Daeva Acolyte took him under her protection. Lily. My dear mentor. Without her, Chris would be ash. She also taught him that life is not all about gathering knowledge, a Requiem doesn't have to be filled with research. He took that advise to his occasionally beating heart.

Now let's not mention Allison Black.

Juan Cordoba and Vivian York rather, they also offer distractions from his academic life. Juan, although he doesn't know it, reinvigorated the Shadow's interest in art and men's fashion. Vivian, she's already amazing for all different kinds of reasons. And yet, there are more mysteries to discover. It was about time Chris brought his two Daeva friends together.

Now the moment is here. It's 2015. The time of wearing a lumberjack shirt and saying "I look hot" is long gone, so at the Sacramento shopping center Chris awaits two people with exquisite taste. It is up to them where they go exactly, but this seems like a good starting point. He stands at a planned meeting point, wearing an all black outfit, as usual. Not unimportant, he can unbutton the shirt time and time again to try new clothes on without messing up his hair.

Yes, I can be a bit vain. But I have to keep up my appearance, right?
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

2. Likes Chrisie, West liked this post
    V
    Vivian York

The only thing difficult about summer was planning actual shopping excursions. Thankfully the times had changed enough that stores stayed open later than they did in the 50s and 60s, particularly this time of year.

Vivian actually took a cab to the shopping center, she may as well catch a ride later. She strolled through the mall in simple black heels her hair was partially up but her outfit was a different story. The Shadow was probably the only one in the Domain who knew her true hair color. Casual, yet it had some unique qualities. It was easier to blend in looking like a young adult floozy than over-dressing in a shopping mall.

The force blood in her veins gave her skin a healthy glow, but still white from avoiding the sun. It didn’t bother her really, and if anyone asked, the Daeva would say her family had a history of skin cancer.

Strolling up to the meeting point, Vivian came up behind Chris. Doubtful she was even capable of sneaking up on him in heels that echoed the corridor, she slipped her arms between his and his torso and hugged him from behind; her hands moving along his chest precociously. “Tell me about it, stud...” Her terrible attempt to quote Grease, English accent included.

I blame Netflix for this.

- 1 vitae blushed

J
    Juan Cordoba

Another night at The Lily. He arrived dressed for the warm season. Brown loafers clicked on the floor as he approached. Though Chris was Masked, Vivian was not. The thirst tugged at his fangs. Family or not, prey was nearby.

A salacious smirk turned up on his lip. He paused allowing the couple to enjoy their moment. "Good evening," he said cordially to announce his proximity. "Long time no see." Cordoba's signature smile shined brightly upon the Kindred.

-1 Blush

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

OOC

Yes, it's hard to go shopping in the summer, but thankfully modern day capitalists organise those late shopping evenings. For... business men and women, not for Kindred. Not that it's impossible to imagine Kindred using their influence to keep shops open to a later hour. It's quite likely actually.

While waiting on the others Chris is constantly changing his position, on the lookout, so sneaking up on him is indeed quite hard. But the Mekhet recognizes a playful look when he sees one. Her Beast is now so familiar that it only gives the encounter an exciting touch. A smile appears instantly upon feeling Vivian's touch. He stands there with his mouth open, thinking about a good response. She never used the word 'stud', so it has to mean something. Then he gets it.

'Viviannnn, now you're the one that I want, tonight.' There's no melody, but she would get it.

He turns around, to look at her. He chuckles amused, 'Amazing necklace. The summer vibe is like a tangible aura around you.'

When he hears Juan's voice the presence of his Beast is also immediately noticeable. A nagging aggression rises, for just a moment. Then the Reeve extends his hand to great the Daeva Priscus, 'Mister Cordoba, indeed, maybe too long. Especially for just a casual evening.'

'It's so good to see you both.'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

V
    Vivian York

Stellar that he played right back into a very cheesy moment from a movie. Vivian laughed heartily and slipped around to the front of the Shadow. “Why thank you. I love getting lei’d, it looks becoming on me.”

The Daeva couldn’t help herself. It was right there, she simply had to take it.

And then her Priscus arrived, his Beast was abrasive to her own. Fortunately, she was already touching Chris and it subsided quicker than normal. Having Tranquility was advantageous at times.

“Good evening, Juan.” Vivian felt no qualms about using his first name. Although her eyes widened in a confused look at his attire. “Interesting choice today. Are you modeling for Armani Exchange or something?” He was handsome, and it could happen.

Patting Chris' chest, she grinned vibrantly to the both of them. "It's great to see you both too."

J
    Juan Cordoba

OOC

His signature broad smile lifted up his lips, he replied amiably. "It's been far too long indeed. It's so pleasant to be with such good company." Extending his own hand and shaking the Reeve's hand. "A casual evening sounds exquisite, Chris."

His dark brown eyes shifted over to York, "Armani Exchange? Hmm..." He dipped his head briefly thinking of the idea, "I won't deny that it could be a possibility. Could be a worthwhile experience." A momentary pause permitting one's imagination to play with what he meant. "Thank you, Vivian."

"How have you been?" the Daeva Priscus asked in general inquiry.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'To model and stand in the spotlight, to be photographed over and over again, that is definitely an experience.' Chris says with a teasing sarcasm, while chuckling. There are some dreams Kindred simply should not have.

Now how has he been? 'Busy, is one word for it. But here you are, witnessing how I take some time for myself. The summer holidays are coming up, and business is slowing down anyway.' He shrugs casually, as if summer holidays exists for Kindred.

'Besides, I've bought a new car to make all the journeys to the beach even more pleasant. So actually I'm in a quite good mood.' And there's his broad smile to prove it.

J
    Juan Cordoba

"It would be ever so nice." ...If only the Embrace did not afflict such a curse upon those damn cameras.

Cordoba nodded with a grin toward Wooding, "A man with as many obligations as yourself is entitled to a siesta. I heard there's a recent study that came out, vacations help ease the mind." A brow arches up at the mention of a new car for visiting the beach, "Oh please do bring the new vehicle. I would love to see it." He then added, "I'm looking forward to this beach party once Gerald and his committee finally gets around to nailing down a date." He shrugged, "or I might've misunderstood whether he's hosting or not."

V
    Vivian York

A dangerous experience no less…

As appealing as modeling would be to any Daeva, it was simply not fathomable for most.

“Oh a new car. Well, I surly will fancy a ride home later.” Vivian was aware it was going to happen sooner or later, but the sooner had finally come. A mini-cooper, perhaps sillier to her than a Volkswagen Beetle.

“You know it baffles me that this country wastes time on things that are obvious. Who needed to do a study about how vacations ease ones mind?” Laughing generously.

Turning to look up slightly to the Shadow. “You’re quite familiar with Sacramento. Where is there a beach near by… with something capable of holding a rather large boat.” There was a lake that she went to swim at one evening and ran into Peter. That experience was akin to swimming with sharks. But if she heard correctly, the word yacht was used.

Flicking her fingers toward the stores. “Someone pick a shop so we can begin the mall madness.”

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'Vacations help ease the mind? Sounds like quite a study indeed.' Chris chuckles, it's not like his studies are all evenly useful. But he's glad that someone is making an effort of studying even the relaxed effects of relaxing.

Then the smile widens, 'Yes, that will almost certainly happen Vivian. A second test ride, if you will. See if the car is beach proof.' Then he turns to Juan. 'It sure sounds like fun, keep me up to date, if you don't mind? I tend to miss social events every now and then.'

This sounds like one he doesn't want to miss. But there's shopping to do first.

'Well that's what you two are here for, the shops,' he replies with a wink. 'And about the party location, I'm not sure. I would say Folsom Lake, if it's a lake again? Otherwise it would still be an interesting visit though. But an actual beach would be much further, and through more urban areas.'

Chris particularly dislikes San Francisco. For several reasons.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread