Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

A most sincere smile crosses the Hierophant's face.

'Yes, the Dark Mother you could say. Or we live in the Dark House actually. There's a key phrase for the faction: The daughter of sin is determined to go / to the Dark House, dwelling of the dark god / to the house that those who enter cannot leave.' He looks around the room, 'I still intend to write it somewhere, probably near the entrance.'

'The Dark House is either a metaphor for our state, our Haven, or a very real Underworld. All Underworld deities are important in this. It is custom that you choose one God or Goddess that personifies your view of the Underworld, one deity that you feel close to. For me, this is Persephone. Katya focuses her worship on Inanna, a Sumerian deity.'

He leans forward on the table, 'What is your spiritual background, if I may ask? Have you previously been part of a Circle?'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

v
    voivode

Martel considered the question. He had never considered himself spiritual as such. The dark arts had always been for him a matter of curiosity, of discovery. Yet, what exactly would you call it to burn offerings to ancient deities, save for spirituality? Eh, semantics.

"As a mortal, I was a member of a hermetic lodge. I found them ... a disappointment. Their arts were hollow imitations of the real thing. Yet, their teachings still linger in my occult endeavors to this day."

"Once I was Embraced, I began exploring the deeper mysteries of Cruac under my Sire's tutelage. He sponsored me into the local circle in Lourdes. After a time, I learned all I felt I could there. Hence why I have traveled here."

"As a mortal, my quest was for the philosopher's stone, in every sense of the term. I sought immortality. Now that I have achieved immortality, that quest has taken on a different meaning. I no longer require physical immortality. But the philosopher's stone was never only about the elixir of life, or transmuting lead into gold. Or, rather, the elixir of life, and lead from gold, are not base concepts, as some might think. They are philosophical metaphors."

Martel shrugged.

"I'd rather not bore you. These ideas are specialty subjects, even among those with a penchant for the occult. Suffice it to say that I consider myself an explorer. And, given my stated predilections, you can perhaps see why I might be interested in your talk of the underworld."

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread