Ended
Watch

FW - Expanding possibilities

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Miach

PRE

While Miach and Striker had come to an agreement, there remained one last formality: to secure the approval of the other members of the forming Cabal. Then, they could, as a Team, move on to tackle that threat undermining the River City : GLO.

As they had last time, Miach had sent invites to Argo Forma and @Pelican ( LoneRanger ) to meet at his place, as well as their latest member - or so the Acanthus hoped - Striker . The doctor was now preparing his various sweety drinks, based on pineapples, coconuts and mango. And rum, of course.

There was also a generous helping of various salada, either based on tuna or chicken, or just plain vegetables. When you play guest to an athletic Arrow and a giant, not to mention himself of course, you'd better be ready.

T

Striker knocked on the door a few more times than was necessary. Eagerness had gotten to better of him and he'd worked up a sweat on the ride over. He stood outside the door in shorts a polo shirt and sneakers. It had been tricky keeping the six pack of beer hanging on the handle bar during the ride, but somehow he'd managed and he was holding it now as he waited. His only hope was that it hadn't been shaken to much in transit.

L
    LoneRanger

In apparent opposition to the general statement Moros are sad, I walk to the house of Dr. Miach with good spirit. The astute reader might suppose this imply the presence of some alcholic drink, and that is correct. A couple of bottle of wine for the meeting are to be provided. Wine, indeed, good spirit.

As for me, well yes. I tend to maintain my usual air of tranquility wearing, a pair of jeans-black if you ask- and a Doom Patrol t shirt. As I arrive I notice a new person. I just remember him from the various times I've seen Striker. So I come near him and with a simple nod I greet him, taking care to offer him a good, friendly smile.

-Hello. Good to see you here-

T

Striker turned at the approach of the other man. After studying his face for a second he realised he'd seen him before at the consilium meetings, but never had the chance to introduce himself.

"You must be Pelican mate. Right?" He said, tilting the bag down onto his wrist so he could offer his hand to shake the other man's. "Striker. Good to meetcha."

Miach

PRE

Having his hands full finishing to cut a salmon in sashimi, it took Miach a bit longer to reach the door than he usually would. Quickly cleansing his fingers from the sticky fat from the fish, the Acanthus rushed to the door and opened it wide to greet his guests.

"Striker, glad you could make it. Pelican, come in, come in." he said, waving them into his house. Peeking outside, he looked for another - very noticeable - man, a tall giant albino. It seemed the Moros would be late.

L
    LoneRanger

I smile friendly at Striker, and then I tell him with a neutral tone:

-Actually we spoke at the tea table during the last Consilium, a quick chat indeed. Can I help you?-

If Striker allows me I pick the six pack and hold it, if not I smile and nod to the Aussie. And here comes Miach and the door opens! I friendly greet back the good doctor; quickly I enter in the house and deposit the bottles of wine in a suitable place.

-Good to meet you, Miach, thank you for the invite.-

T

"Nah I'm right mate." Striker said hefting the bag in his one arm, showing it was no trouble. "Yeah, I didn't catch your name then though mate." Striker nodded with recollection. "Had a few other things on my mind too ay." he said bouncing his eyebrows. The shaman assumed that Pelican had seen the commotion that had been caused on his behalf.

"Thanks Miach mate. Whatcha cookin' up there?" He asked as he got his bearings, made himself at home, and headed towards the fridge. He pulled it open with his one arm and nestled the beers wherever there was room inside. "Might wanna give 'em a few minutes to settle before you crack one open." he warned the others, though eyed the wine that Pelican had brought, wondering what kind of person brought wine and whether or not the beer was appropriate.

Miach

PRE

As soon as both Mages had entered his house, Miach closed the door shut, fastening several bolts just in case.

"Ha ! You like the smell ?" he replied at the Shaman's behest. "It's salmon, and I intend to serve it raw. Though I guess I could be talked into serving it very rare, if you insisted." After all, it couldn't be to everyone's taste. Watching between the wine from Pelican and the beer from Striker, he nodded toward his own beverages.

"Rum, and various fruit juices. To each his own poison. It should last us till your beers got settled !" he answered amicably. They had choices, and he liked to picked various fares.

Turning more serious, the mystagogue urged them be sitted. "I'm glad you came. The purpose of this meeting is twofold, actually.

The first point of order is simple. Pelican, would you mind if a Sentinel like Striker joined us into Fateful Watch ?"
    he said, watching at one, then the other mage, and refraining from going to the drinks, a simple yet telling clue about his underlying nervousness.

L
    LoneRanger

I nod to Striker as he mentions he had something else on his-Don't worry man, I've seen the show from the very beginning-

As usual Miach makes us seat and I sit down quite quickly. Then I listen what is said. A chesihire cat smile forms in my mouth as I listen to the words said by Miach.

-I'd be really very glad if Striker joined us in the Fateful Watch. We should have a drink and a toast for him. Wine, beer, anyone?-

I stand up and move to the bottles.

T

"Raw fish? That's a Japanese thing innit? Yeah I'm game." he replied to Miach. He'd eaten worse things than raw fish and getting sick was never an issue for a shaman. "I could go a rum and coke if you've got it mate." He added and watched and waited for the response to Miach's question.

At Pelican's acceptance, the Australian gave him a thankful nod. "Good to hear it mate. I gotta say, I don't know yous much at all yet, but I'm lookin' forward to workin' with yous. Miach said you needed a doorwarden so I'll do that officially, but I can prob'ly help out with edgetending or even do some scrounging if we need it. Just let me know what yous want ay. What um... What positions do you guys have?" he asked finally.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread