Ended
Watch

Want to hear a ghost story?

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan readied her apartment for Daniel's arrival. That meant organizing things, getting stuff put away, and therefore making room at the little table for second chair to be unfolded into place. It was only a studio apartment. She'd also gotten a couple of pizzas (a veggie and a meat), beer, and soda just in case. Plus notepaper, pens, and her own notes from her study of vodoun via library books.

Naturally Morgan wasn't willing to put into practice the vodoun teachings. She doubted it'd be that easy and was worried it would work. Submitting onself to the spirits didn't sit well with her Lost nature, freedom wsa too important. Plus the whole murder a live chicken slowly part didn't sit well with her. Playing with prey was something one of THEM would do and the Beast had not desire to sink to THEIR level.

So, now all she had to do was wait for Daniel Leto to arrive so she could buzz him in.

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse
    Duration: Year and a Day

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)

PRE

Daniel walked down the street with his laptop bag slung over his shoulder and carrying a half dozen books he'd bought from Ava, as well as some others he'd gotten later, plus notes. He had a little trouble juggling everything around before settling on putting it down to push the 'call' button for Morgan's apartment.
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

3. Likes Origins liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

The angry buzzing sound was one the Beast had gotten used to. Her reaction was significantly more sedate then the first time she'd heard it. No hiding under the bed for her. Walking over, Morgan pressed the talk button, "D-d-daniel? Tis that ye?" After receiving confirmation she buzzes him in, "Upper floor ye-ye have door number, yes?" She will give him a few directions if he asks.

Morgan will open the door and invite Daniel inside her small apartment when he knocks on her door.

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Rigid Mask
    Will/Health/Glamour

Promises and Vows

Horn and Bone

PRE

"Yeah, it's me," came the voice from the speaker. Even over an intercom it sounded calm and reassuring.

After she had buzzed open the door, Daniel propped it open with one foot and picked up his supplies again. He navigated the stairs up to the indicated room and with some more acrobatics managed to knock softly on the door to be let in. He smiled when Morgan's face appeared in the doorway.

"Hey Morgan. How's it going?" Looking behind her he noticed the set up. It wasn't really unexpected but it was a little disappointing. His face always held a touch of sadness though, so there wasn't much of a change in his expression. "Ah... Are you sure you wouldn't be more comfortable on the roof? 'Cause that's fine with me. Did you get my last text?"

And Daniel honestly did want Morgan to be somewhere she felt safe and confident. It wasn't like Daniel was afraid of heights anyway. The worst that could happen would be you fell and died. Or became horribly crippled. From the top of an apartment building death was more likely though.
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan nodded in greeting to Daniel as she closed the door behind him, "I am w-w-w-fortunate heh-how are thee?" Something had seemed to make him sad, but a look over her shoulder didn't show anything abnormal about the cramped apartment to her. The neighbors weren't partying it up, too quiet and no emotion flowing through the walls. Maybe he didn't like pizza?

She turned back blinking in confusion, "Last...text, oh-eh-heh ri-ri-roger. Um, " she waved both hands placatorily, "Y-yes but tis no problems if-if ye lack comfort of heh-heights. We be off in den-erm-off ground already, heh. Ssso tis fine. Ye be-be guest too, right?" She quirked an eyebrow at that. Then her demeanor turned uncertain, "The socio-people stuff sssay ye make guests comfort nada-not other way...I think?"

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Status/Social

Rigid Mask
    Will/Health/Glamour

Promises and Vows

Horn and Bone

PRE

He smiled understandingly.

"It doesn't mean you can't be at ease either. I'm not afraid of heights. But, since it looks like you've got things set up, here's fine if you're okay with it."

With the Beast's invitation he entered. He took up the seat next to the little table. He put the books off to one side on the floor and started setting up the computer on what space was available.

"I have to admit though, I was kind of surprised to get your text. I know it's not your favorite subject. Is there something that happened?" he asked as casually as he could manage and while there was concern it was mingled with interest.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan sighed in relief, it would have been a hassle to move the food up onto the roof. Doable with the fire escape. The Beast let out a nervous chuckle as the Darkling got right on topic. Her eyes shot to a couple of books atop the stackable drawers next to the table. A trio of books that were basically vodoo for dummies. Morgan's research had found rituals to "commune with the Loa," but she was reluctant to proceed. Attracting a powerful beings attention, the violence of some rituals, playing with large snakes all dettered her from following the path. She'd only come back to it if there was no other option.

Rubbing the back of her head, a nervous chuckle escaped her, "T-t-truth be, ghostbusting ain't for me. Nada-nothing new since apartment spook. I eh-heh was figuring if-if ghosts, us, and THEM be real, meh-beh other things too? Sssso," she walked over to the trio of books on the drawers. She picked up one, The Haitian vodou handbook : protocols for riding with the LWA as she sat down on the chair to Daniel's left. It was also the only other chair. She shrugged, "I b-bean researching myths l-less likely to be fae. F-found books on many things l-like spirit that-be-no-ghost-thing but-other-thing, erm, thing. S-save I n-not know of any but the voodoo type stuff. And the vodododoo stuff be creepy-scary-cruel...Imma not doing ssso good..."

The raccoon shook her head. This wasn't as bad as her dragon slaying research, right? No, Daniel shouldn't fall down laughing like Ava had. "Sorry, eh-heh, tizzz hard extrapolate when I d-don't really know differences well. I t-think spirit heh-hath dual meaning-ing. Ghost and, uh, things like-like-ah! In really-really old cartoons where everything is alive and singing kinda stuff? No-no-no-bad-explain. Meh-beh if-if I can get better ken of ghosts I c-can f-figure out differences better. Ano-and know if best to avoid either-both, heh-heh too."

ooc: Morgan's research is inspired by Second Sight source book.

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Status/Social

Rigid Mask
    Will/Health/Glamour

Promises and Vows

Horn and Bone

PRE

"I know what you mean," Daniel said "I've found a lot of conflicting reports on what exactly a ghost is how they interact with things and what they are. Then adding in spirits, other types of undead, and certain fey. Things get complicated in parsing out which is what. I've talked with Ava about it a little too when I was first getting started really researching the subject." Daniel opened his laptop and started it booting up.

"So, where would you like to get started or should I just pick a point and go from there?" It wasn't right just how 'lively' Daniel sounded when talking about discussing death.

Most of my information will be coming from nWoD Core and I know ghosts are mentioned somewhere in the Changeling books but I can't remember where off hand.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan chuckled, "W-w-well I meh-may heh-have already chatted-contracted with the, uh, spirit of fire? T-tis heh how I gots the Elements contract-erm-es, plural. Oro-or it could be a fae thing and not spirits, I just don't-t know." Morgan shied away from the computer as it booted up. Not that she'd actually try to use it, she really didn't want to risk damaging Daniel's property. She did choose to set out a plate for him to take whichever pizza slices he wanted.

The Winter's enthusiasm was a little surprising. She had to blink for a few seconds before shaking her head to regain focus, "Oh, um heh-heh I truly ken n-n-zilch on variance of spirit-vs-g-gh-g-casper. I heh-have some stuff on spirits b-b-but not really sure heh-how vary from ghosts. Ssso any beginning tis fine with me, thank ye." As Morgan hunkered down for a listen, she grabbed a slice of veggie pizza to munch down whilst the Darkling spoke.

ooc: No problem.

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Status/Social

Rigid Mask
    Will/Health/Glamour

Promises and Vows

Horn and Bone

PRE

"Well, the main difference is that ghosts are the echoes of people that have died. Spirits like what you're talking about are more..." he tried to find the right words "living symbols as far as I've read, which honestly isn't very much. I've tended to focus on ghosts over other things. As far as I've been able to find though, undead tend to be the remnants of living minds. Not always complete minds mind you. They might lack personality and only have the knowledge they had in life. Or they might only be focused on one thing over anything else. Spirits and fae tend to have more alien mindsets."

Daniel followed Morgan's lead and nabbed some of the meat pizza and some soda. The beer he avoided like it was something capable of ruining his life if he drank it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread