Ended
Watch
121 - 125
DISPLAYED
(FOC) The Right

Page 13 of 13 First ... 3 9 10 11 12 13

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Maybe I should've stayed hidden. Could've tried the elf-neck-grab-trick to knock the norman out or something. It took the Beast a moment to pick up what Gregory meant. It was a good thing the Darkling had emphasized certain words. Otherwise the Beast wouldn't have known he meant a Pledge.

To be honest though, the Twilit Page wasn't good at Pledge crafting. She whispered back, "We c-can sss-assuredly attempt-t-t to return heh-his things. I am unsure if we can-an do so as a task. F-f-f-botch terms could be a...misfortune. Tis a endeavor, if ye wish to attempt, Imma can swear wid heh-him but I nay...try more then a day."

Which was one problem with Pledges. The Wyrd picked the factors if you got the words wrong. Morgan could try to make a Pledge that helped her track the bad guys without a sanction, but if she phrased it wrong the Wyrd could twist it. And the Twilit Page sometimes had...problems with spoken words.

S
    Selena

“Touché, touché man.” His hands went up, surrendering to his own words.

“Oh, the woman? Large gal? Had an apron on, I think?” His brows quirked wondering if that was the woman. “If that was your gal, she walked with them through that place over there. I went to follow them but didn’t see anything like I said before.”

“If it’s any help, she didn’t look like she was goin against her will.”

“You’re sure ya don’t need my help? I’m not so bad with a baseball bat, crow bar or large objects.” Motioning to his car.

Presence • (Part of the Scenery)
    Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Hunching over, the man appears in his forties if not older. His hair is disheveled, his expression bizarre between glee or malice. His frame is thin and clothes ragged or stained, smelling worn and unwashed.
    Mein

His skin is gray like stone and his features more exaggerated, his eyes more set apart. Wings curl around his shoulders, unusable but expressive, as is his short tail. Horns adorn his brow and curl along the contour of his skull. He is what many would describe to be a gargoyle.

Gregory's eyes bulge as the man identifies an apt description of Mrs. Rosemary. His gaze shoots to Morgan knowingly.

"Indeed it does. Morgan, let's go."

They have lingered here long enough. As much as they might need the man's assistance, it would only expose them for what they are. Gregory turns away from the man and starts off back the way they came to the Hedge Gate, waving Morgan to follow him.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan was glad she wasn't looking at the norman, because no way could she maintain a poker face with the knowledge Mrs. Rosemary had been willing to go with them. That either meant they had really good blackmail to force the Orgress's cooperation or they'd provided a important enough reason for the baker to abandon her kitchen without notice. The raccoon crossed one of her claws in hopes that it was the latter but expecting the former. She was an optimist: hope for the best whilst you prepare for the worst.

She nods to Gregory's wave before turning her head to look at the norman: "Vvviolence-prefer-avoid-no-aid-needed."

And she quickly trailed off after her fellow Lost. When they were out of earshot of the man the raccoon would catch up to the gargoyle and ask: "No coerce. Ye t-think t-that be g-good oro-or bad-d-d? Erm, the doods that tis. Circumstances heh-have to be misfortune ."

S
    Selena

And now you go here

Page 13 of 13 First ... 3 9 10 11 12 13
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 21

You do not have permission to view the list of names.