Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Raise A Flower Of Fire

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7

Arthur

Obrimos of the Silver Ladder

Presence 4 - Cocky
    Striking Looks 2 - Slick Smile

Reality War -Titanic Ep1: H: 1rB/7 M:7/12:3, W:5/5

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Whiskey is always a good move." A nod in agreement. Then a sip of water to wash down some ice cream.

"Anyone else done with their dishes?" Arthur asks as he rises to take his own to the kitchen. There is going to be a list of things to do to not make your house mates hate you.

ooc
    Arthur, Obrimos of the Silver Ladder, SL2 (Slick Smile), Pres 4 (Cocky)

E
    Ermac

As some correctly guessed his truths and others did not Ermac nodded, "Vodquila all the way." He was unabashedly pleased with his unique choice of liquor.

Casting a glance to Emrys. The Acanthus was obviously pleased he had remembered. It was a memory of better times.

"I'm good. Thank you for having such a wonderful night for us." He said to their hosts. Clapping his hands together, "Yes, let's get everything cleaned up and put away."

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"I actually did beat Animus in a fight," Avis interjected now that it became apparent that the evening was wrapping up. "It was a training session, two groups of Arrows fighting each other. I made Animus hallucinate something that he couldn't handle and he just...stopped fighting. So, technically I did beat him. My team didn't win though. After Animus left the fight Asp stabbed me twice, here and here," she continued, tapping two spots on her chest, "and then I black out. Thing is, that wasn't the only time she'd stabbed me in training. The first time we weren't in a cabal, and that's why, technically, my first statement was a lie.

"Also, I'm not alcohol intolerant. I just...am what you might call someone who used to abuse drugs and stuff, so now I just avoid it. Which, is also why I'd appreciate it if y'all wouldn't leave alcohol out. If you want me to buy you a mini-fridge so it's easy for you to store it, I will, but I just...don't like seeing it in the main fridge."

There. There was an important truth, not something about a dead man no one there had even really met.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

4. Likes West liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Hearing the night wind down, she stands, "I'll help with the dishes." she offered while still listening to the others.

Avis admission was surprising, but she had to give her credit, being able to overcome an addiction could not have been easy.

"Yeah, I don't have a high school diploma. And you're right, there was defiantly snow up in Canada." she says with a smirk.

Looking to Avis she nods, "Say no more, keeping alcohol in my room won't be a problem, and no need to buy me a mini-fridge." her eyes show her understanding.

6. Likes West, Cayce liked this post

Emrys

PRE

Silence fell as the Enchanter finished a plate of berries. Addiction, literal rock throwing, under-education, and the worst sin of all, Vodquila. Taste not withstanding, they seemed to have made it through dinner without yelling at each other, so that was a step forward.

"I grew up on a corn farm in eastern Maryland." Emrys said returning July's nod. "I didn't awaken on Mount Qingchen, and my Mystery Play didn't even start until my return to Temple. Tee you, where I did in fact put together a thesis for a Master's not a Ph.D."

As cleanup began he stacked his dishes and silverware before bringing them over to the kitchen.

Good to close!

M
    Matrixchild

Use of hallucination is certainly a good skill. Could work well in the field, July thought as he listened to Avis speak. He watched as everyone volunteered to clean dishes and decided to step out of the way. He had cleaned his and that was that.

Avis' words of addiction hit July pretty close to home. He thought of the whiskey and sleeping pills sitting in his room and felt guilt. Guilt that he had never been able to overcome that weakness. But he wasn't ready to give it up yet. The nightmares still came too often.

He grabbed himself a glass for his drink. With a head nod he said, "Well good night everyone. If you need me you know where I am," and he turned to head to his room.

July exits the scene

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Color that unexpected. File under Later.

Nods and smiles got doled out like cream on berries, and offers of aid were accepted.

Good to close too!
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"I think I'll retire, too. There's some dummies with a distinct lack of arrows in them," Avis offered to the others as she, too, stood and went towards the rest of her evening.

Scene end! Awesome job everyone
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

11. Likes West liked this post
Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7
Closed Thread