Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1506) Prince and Prefect

THREADID

PRE

Gerald hands the Prince a sealed envelope.

"An invitation. I thought it would be prudent to hold a meeting for our clan. You... don't have to read it now." he explains, almost waving off the thought as the paper leaves his fingers. "Does your Grace have a preferred drink? As long as it can ship within the week, I would like to procure some for you for this event." His smile spreads again.

"If your schedule does not permit such a thing... well, feel free to exercise your right as Prince to abstain. I just wanted to offer you the courtesy of a personal invitation." Maybe the Prince would, indeed, find some reason not to attend. At least the Sea King has done his part as Prefect. It may not be an event for Carthians, but he still holds the responsibility of representing them in a decent light.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

An eyebrow slowly arched and Asa's eyes moved over to a small group of Kindred.

"I wasn't aware that our Clan had a new Priscus,"
    he finally spoke, looking back to Gerald.

The envelope remains in Gerald's hands, awkwardly dangling between them.

Please don't godmod my character. Asa didn't reach for, or take, the envelope.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

PRE

Sorry. That wasn't my intention.

Gerald smiles in spite of the situation. "Not at all. I simply wanted to take initiative. The Whip and I had been discussing things, and I thought that a meeting might be enjoyable." The card lingers in the air for a moment longer before Gerald speaks again.

"I can leave this with one of your... assistants? Ghouls? Whatever you like."

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

It was the smile.

If Asa had to put a finger on it, that was it. That revelation of self absorption so enduring that it couldn't fathom the faux pas, instead, thinking it some game or joke.

"You can leave it with your Priscus,"
    Asa answered slowly. "The same Priscus who's invitation I would entertain, and none other. The same Priscus I was attempting to draw your attention to while you were side-stepping her."

A smile crept out, matching Gerald's.

Asa's voice rose slightly, it's sonorous tones carrying past Gerald and toward Josephine . "Unless this a coup, in which Whip Bingen or yourself are attempting to replace Priscus Sterling and seeking my support?"
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

PRE

"I will do so, your Grace." he says with a slow nod. As the Prince's voice carries a little louder and he mentions the other two Ventrue, Gerald's smile falters. Coup. Interesting choice of words. Must everything be a power play? Maybe a little bristling should have been expected from the Invictus ruler on this. Still, it had been Gerald's first attempt to speak with the man directly. It could have gone much worse.

"I have nothing but respect for Priscus Sterling." His carefully chosen answer doesn't carry the same volume as Asa's, and only a little of the characteristic brashness remains in his voice. "But your Grace has communicated his wishes on this. I will speak with her."

Glancing in Josephine's direction and back to the Prince again, he lets out half a laugh.

"I don't suppose you would like to send me off with a request on your drink? Assuming Priscus Sterling agrees with the date, of course. Those things we once enjoyed as Kine still carry an echo of the charm, don't they?." If one didn't mind retching it up later - and not due to overindulgence.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Good evening," Asa answered dryly.

Really, if he weren't going to drink something proffered by the Second Estate, it was a little odd to think he would do so from a Carthian. In some ways it was amusing -- like watching a newborn foal managing it's way onto thin, shaky legs and taking a few tentative first steps. The Charming Raconteur was a game far older than Gerald Baker, and one Asa himself had played once or twice.

Asa's eyes drifted away in disinterest and dismissal.

PRE

It is all Gerald can do not to sigh. This Princey fellow certainly likes to make things difficult. But what is one refusal in the span of near-eternity? The Sea King's disappointment won't last.

"Good evening, your Grace." Perhaps the most stinging part of the exchange is still having to feign formality with a man who probably isn't even listening anymore.

Gerald returns to the main thread.

Closed Thread