Ended
Watch

(1506) Angel and Martel

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    A
    Angel Ducard

I smile to him as he greets me politely, "Ooo, Madame," I accentuate the word, "such manners you have, I. like. you. already." Adding a brief pause between each word, and adding a sly smile. I move in and take his arm. He didn't offer it, but I am not one to wait for the offer. Especially when I can make the safe assumption that he is one of mine. "Let us go sit and we can chat, shall we?" I politely lead the way to one of the sitting areas, well, not so much lead, as let him think he is leading. Like we are dancing and he doesn't know the exact steps.

v
    voivode

Martel felt her arm wrap around his, and his elbow crooked of its own accord to accept her gesture. Of all the strange sensations that had bombarded his senses since his arrival, this, at least, felt familiar. There was not even a thought of declining her offer. Apart from her allure, there was a nascent understanding dawning in Martel’s awareness: this woman was someone important. Could she be the Priscus he sought?

He waited a moment to allow her sit before assuming his own seat on the sofa opposite her.

“Your pardon, madame,” he said. “I have not introduced myself. You may call me Martel.”

A
    Angel Ducard

I take my seat and smooth the pleat of my pants before, with equally smooth movements, crossing my legs, right, over left. "Ever so Lovely to meet you Martel, I am Angel Ducard." There is the smallest of pauses, "Priscus of Clan Nosferatu." My title is said with pride, after all, why wouldn't I be prideful. I lead potentially the most feared clan in the domain. Potentially...

"So Martel, tell me about yourself, who are you, and why have you come to Prince Clarke's domain?" I ask ever so politely. My tone is both welcoming, and interested. It goes without saying that I am pleased to have him here... right?

v
    voivode

His left eyebrow flickered momentarily at her mention of her title. So, she was Clan Priscus? This night was getting more and more interesting.

"Enchanté," he said. "You ask me to speak about myself. I'm happy to oblige."

"My Sire was of the Circle of the Crone. He did not grant me much after my Embrace, but he did sponsor me into the Covenant before he went on his own way. I did what I could with such connections as he supplied, but at last I felt I came to the end of what I could learn in Lourdes. I therefore set out to travel, and after a brief tour of the Old world, I set out for the New world.
    This is my first stop. I am here to continue my studies in the arts arcane, and, hopefully, to make contact with members of the Covenant here. Pursuant to this desire, I seek to be granted the Right of Tenancy. Not immediately, of course, but in due course. After I have proven my talents useful."

That was a fair enough summary. Martel paused to see if more was required, or if any information of her own was forthcoming.

A
    Angel Ducard

"Very good, I am ever so pleased to hear that you have your goals organized and attainable." out of my clutch slides a small notebook and my phone. I take a few moments to write down a couple of phone numbers. "Once you are acknowledged, I will provide you with the necessary contact information for your covenant, as well as members of our family." I fold the piece of paper and hold it between my index and middle finger.

"We should discuss the laws of the Domain. Come, they are made available for all to see here." I stand and walk this, the newest of the Sacramento Nosferatu to the tapestry with the laws of the domain listed on them.

"So Review these laws, and let me know if you have any questions." Acknowledgement is so much easier here then at the library.

v
    voivode

Martel nodded. He gazed long at the tapestry, noting the precise wording -- English was his second language, his fluency in it notwithstanding. When he came to the end of it, he read it again; the text was short enough. After a time, his attention returned to his Priscus, who had been waiting patiently, and nodded again.

"It is perfectly clear, my Lady," he said. "And thank you for your assistance. I did not think this process would be quite so painless, but you have made it so. I will take you up on your offer of Covenant contact information at your leisure. If all the Kindred in Sacramento are as helpful as you, this will be a very pleasant stay for me."

It was merely a pleasantry; Martel did not imagine for an instant that his final sentiment bore any resemblance to reality. He had not met many vampires throughout his comparatively brief Requiem, but the few he had met had made him wary of the rest. Yet he held out hope that, in spite of his previous experiences, Madame Ducard would prove the exception.

A
    Angel Ducard

I nod to him, his manners are noticed and appreciated, however... "Martel, Come, lets sit for another moment or two. Their are a few more orientation matters to discuss."

Lovely! Sergei has arrived, I make a small gesture of my hand to invite him to join the conversation.

I again let Martel lead me back to the seated area. "Martel, how much do you know of the Invictus, and their traditions?" I ask as I slide back into my seat and smoothly cross my legs, right over left.

v
    voivode

Martel's head cocked to the side and one eyebrow shot up. He thought every vampire knew the three Traditions. His Sire had taught him that much at least.

"Masquerade, Progeny, and Amaranth?" he said. "Are those the ones you mean? If not, I'm afraid I am quite ignorant of the Invictus and their ways. I have never moved within those circles."

He spared a glance to look about for the vampire she had hailed. Sergei was it?

B
    BDeHaven

Sergei approached the two of them as they sat talking on the couch. He noticed immediately when his pungent smell of rotting flesh mingled with the smell of a open grave and roses. Oh now that's quite refreshing actually! It was indeed a break from the monotonous. He nodded respectfully to Angel then gave a slighter nod of acknowledgment to them man sitting beside her. All the while wondering who this new cousin was and what was it that had brought him to Sacramento he was certain he was about to find out.

"Good evening, Priscus Ducard. And to you as well Sir." His eyes resting on the man before him as a hand reached up to adjust his tie and smooth a lapel.

A
    Angel Ducard

"Indeed, but in this case, those are not the traditions I speak of. You see..." Here he comes, I can smell him a mile away. Thankfully, I can turn of my nose. "Whip Lukyanenko, A pleasure to see you as always. Come, sit, join us." I give the seat next to me a soft pat, "Allow me to introduce Mr. Martel Giles. A recent arrival who seeks acknowledgement in Prince Clarke's domain."

I give Sergei a moment to sit if he wishes, if not, I move on, "I was just about to explain to Martel that the domain is led by the Invictus and that their are some invictus traditions, Such as why I do not call you by your first name, that may be of importance to him. Would you care to help?"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 10

You do not have permission to view the list of names.