Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

"How can I help you, Priscus Roth?" Gilroy asks. His tone is at once aggravatingly submissive and presumptive. As if the Haunt was worthy of providing service to the greater predator.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

With all the nodding Konrad is getting, he's starting to feel pretty important. Everyone is showing their respect and familiarity. It's enough to make a Kindred Blush. He returns a nod to each in turn, the Gangrel girls ( Alessandra sumthingpositiv ), so well-behaved it made him proud. Tomas Warren is here too. Good. He nods back to him too with a smirk as he sees Vivian York . That should be a warm welcome for him if he doesn't loose his cool. Konrad might just come rescue him at some point in the evening. And finally a two-finger salute is playfully sent to Marco Fernandez , the cheeky bastard. It reminds him of another matter of business he has to attend to.

But for now he has Gilroy in front of him with some wild hair that Konrad can't help but glance to every now and then.

"Hey. Just wanted to ask you a couple questions really. A little birdy told me you deal with chemicals, maybe even medical supplies. Thought I'd check to see if it were true." He smirks a little, a weak effort considering the repugnant company.

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Gilroy felt like he was some school nerd standing next to the popular jock as Konrad smiled and waved at what felt like more than half the court. While it did inspire a twinge of envy, Kenneth also recognized that it had been he that Roth had chosen to talk to first. When he heard the reason, Kenneth became noticeably more animated. Like a colony of rats crawling over each other. His hair, however, stayed in one place.

"You must have very accurate avians," Kenneth confirmed "My main area of expertise lies in biochemistry but I've had time to learn a lot about the other branches of chemistry. Pharmaceuticals can be a little harder to come by and synthesize. Honestly, it's a fairly rare request. Most drugs don't work to well on Kindred physiology. At least for healing purposes. Did you have anything specific in mind?" If Konrad had a certain compound he was thinking of, or even a general situation he wanted solved, that would help Kenneth narrow down the possibilities of what he could provide.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Konrad's grin glimmers with more genuineness as Gilroy gives up the goods. "I had you pegged for a smart guy," he says with a wink and an extended wagging forefinger. "Biochemistry and pharmaceuticals. Yeah, that's exactly what I'm looking for, but we can talk specifics later. You said that most don't work on Kindred physiology. Don't suppose you know of any that do? Not necessarily for healing either, just side effects, ya know? I mean I know that narcotics have an effect if you drink them from Kine, same with booze. I'm curious if you've come across anything else like that though."

Kenneth Gilroy
    Donovan
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Donovan

While Kenneth felt a swell of pride, he reminded himself that flattery was still flattery. Konrad wanted something and had still not told him exactly what or why he was showing interest in Kenneth's field of study.

"That's still fairly broad," he commented "In general, when ingested from a vessel the only effects I've observed to cross over deal almost exclusively with the effects a drug has on the nervous system. It's possible things like antibiotics or retrovirals do have an effect but I've never heard of anyone being cured by such methods. I would suspect due to lack of actual blood flow for long periods of time, those medicine's effectiveness is too limited to be truly useful. In the case of more direct healing of injuries... well we just don't heal the same as the Kine. Keeping a wound clean, bed rest, or stitches doesn't speed recovery. We're immune to disease and only vitae will mend the flesh. The only other option I could think of that might help would be skin grafts but I've never done research into that so I can't say for sure. Even then I would hazard a guess that it wouldn't actually heal anything, just cover the wound."

Kenneth paused to see if the Gangrel had any questions so far or if he'd steer the conversation into a more direct applications direction. There were ever so many acids and bases that worked on Kindred.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

Konrad nods, bringing a hand to his chin as he rubs the scruff it finds there. "Uh huh, right, right," he says, indicating that he's listening but not wanting to interrupt. There seems to be some understanding in his mannerisms rather than the empty look of a layman.

"Huh, I guess you've got a lot of ideas about it I hadn't even thought about. I'm not looking for healing so much as the side effects, like hallucinations, paralyzation, or even aphrodisiacs. Us Kindred get bored, even more than Kine, so I'm just wondering if there's a way to...enhance a Requiem here or there. Not for me really. Just to lay it all out there when I was livin' in LA I got involved in the drug business. It was the 80's so yeah, lots of business in it. Hard not to get involved when you circle the black market as much as I do. I'm part of the black market in Sacramento now too so I'm trying to find a supplier, you know? I usually have to go through extraneous channels to get any medical supplies but if we could work something out between you and me then that'd save me a lot of trouble, and I'd make it worth your while. That something that might interest you?"

Kenneth Gilroy
    Donovan
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Donovan

And there it was. The Haunt saw why Roth had been reluctant to reveal what he wanted. Kenneth was intrigued but saying so here was a risk all its own. Vampiric society may not hold to most human laws or morality but they could use knowledge to to their advantage. Making criminal plans within earshot of so many was asking for a police investigation down the road.

"Possibly," Kenneth equivocated. There was still so much he would have liked to ask. What drugs did Konrad have in mind or was Kenneth excepted to provide a possible list of what he could 'cook'? Would Gilroy be responsible for procuring any precursors? Lab equipment? What could the Nosferatu expect in return? What could the Clan of Haunts gain from the Savages for helping their Priscus?

Kenneth glanced around at the surrounding predators before locking eyes back with Roth. It was unnerving almost to the irritation to have the repulsive gaze held so confidently.

"If you'd like to stop by the university we could talk about specifics there," he offered. It would let Konrad see what Kenneth could offer and being the Haunts home territory didn't hurt either.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

"By the university, eh? Yeah, that sounds alright. How about we exchange digits and we set something up?" A collegiate, eh? Those made for some decent hunting grounds after all. Probably had some labs and resources, much like what he saw while visiting Aurora Hitwick at Sac Uni.

Gilroy is open the idea and that's all that matters for the moment. Konrad pulls one of his business cards from his pocket, black with a reflective luster and the words reading 'Broker-Dealer', and offers it to Gilroy.

"Nothing like spreading a little vice and temptation," he adds as an extra motivation, referencing the subject of the Mass they had attended.

9. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

"Of course, simply provide notice ahead of time and I will assure the labs are clear by the time you arrive."

Gilroy didn't have business cards yet. It had been something he had been meaning to do since he'd arrived but had never gotten around to. Instead he had to content himself with verbally providing the information as Konrad took notes. It was slightly humiliating. Everyone seemed to have professionally printed cardstock in Sacramento, even the drug dealers.

Kenneth smile slightly at the blatant pandering to his covenant "It is certainly not without its rewards, spiritual or otherwise."
    Mask of Tranquility

11. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

Konrad laughs a light chuckle. "I'll settle for either. And it'll be a good chance to talk faith. I look forward to it."

The Savage glances back over to Tomas, now with Gilroy's superior in their midst. "Ah, looks like my recently arrived Clanmate is already getting acquainted with York and Sister Josephine. I promised to introduce him to folks. Care to join or you got other fish to fry?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread