Jayant sat and sulked while his recent meal laid at his feet unconscious, a would be rapist of no regards who's target had managed to run away due to Jayant's use of his shadow craft.

Have I lost focus? The memorial is complete and yet I still feel empty. Why?

He thinks back, as he usually does at times like these to the last court and the Prince's order.

"At this next Court, I expect to see a face not with us tonight.....O-Yama once spoke of forming a coterie of noble warriors. Perhaps some here can shorten his quest for those warriors, and captivity, by finding him."

Jayant missed the samurai, truth be told. The man seemed the honourable type and someone whom the Khaibit could fight beside until Final Death. His thought's turn to the others, as he mentally checks their names; Ishani, Arnold, Konstantin, Twist. Pre-Lost Nights one and all. Then there were those who had come to the city in the vacuum that followed; Regina and Headstrong, warriors both. It seemed that everyone around him had grown to one position or another while he had remained where he was. But isn't that what he wanted?

Can I handle responsibility?

The rain began to fall and Jayant checked on his prey who still breathed. He would have a nice mouse below his right eye come the morning; a tasty reminder why it is bad to attack lonely women.

I should have drained him, he thinks as bitterness flares inside, coaxing the Beast from its nest. Closing his dark eyes, Jayant quells his Naga and turns it into something else.

Loyalty. Honour. Courage.

He would see the Prince's command through. He would be a soldier the domain could depend on. All he needed was a little faith, both within and without.