Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
In Shadow's Office

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Gideon enters Shadow's office and looks around, Headstrong no doubt right behind. "Welcome back to Sacramento," he says to Shadow when she comes in. "I'm sorry that you had to find out about the city's situation in such a way."

Presence
    Striking Looks
    Nosferatu Curse: Icy chill
    Shadow

NOS
    PRE

Shadow waves away the apology and motions for both of them to have a seat. She takes a chair on the opposite wall of the other two Sworn, perfering not to hide behind her desk. That would put her in an obvious position of authority and she did not want to give that impression. She may be older then these two, but she is assuming they have gone through hell and high water to achieve their ranks within the covenent. To deminish that effort would be rude.

"I honestly expected the city to be in a much worse state then this. I am pleased to see it as intact as it is. I also must admit that I am very pleased to see Prince Clarke still in charge, but very surprised that he is a member of the Dracul now. I never would have pegged him for Dracul material. I am glad Ishani has joined us as well but I have found that where Asa is, she is not far behind."

She gives Headstrong her attention at this point. "What is it you needed to speak about, Grandmaster?"

Headstrong
    Headstrong

PRE

"Shape-shifters. Werewolves to be precise." she says as if it was of but small concern.

"I recently met a creature who seemed to know I was Kindred. I spoke with it and it displayed it's shape-shifting and martial prowess. It appears the creature had dealings with Kindred in the past. I'd know the unofficial and official policies of Prince Clarke regarding such creatures. As well as discuss the stance the Order should take on this."

Presence
    Striking Looks
    Shadow

NOS
    PRE

Shadow frowns. The policy for dealing with other supernaturals, if her memory served her and if the policy had not changed, was friendly until attacked. Whether or not that was still the city policy, Shadow intended to make it Dracul policy.

"Our standing with other supernaturals is to keep it neutral until given reason to do otherwise. As far as I know, that is also the cities policy."

Headstrong
    Headstrong

PRE

That left the matter of whether being knowledgeable to the point of recognizing Kindred was reason to do otherwise... Then again, such decisions were better left to the Axe. Until now there was little cause for excessive concern, and little hope to remedy the situation directly anyway. Best observe before acting.

"Sensible."

Turning almost imperceptibly toward Gideon Headstrong continues.

"The werewolf claimed that his people might be able to help in determining why so vampires died recently. The werewolf claimed they could 'communicate with the spirits of technology' and 'track any lead'. How is the investigation into the Lost Nights coming along?"

Gideon is surprised to hear that there are werewolves of any sort in town, let alone that they approached a Kindred. And how fortuitous that it was one of ours, he thinks. He's thinking over what this might mean for the Ordo--and how best to take advantage of such a situation, should the opportunity present itself without causing any undue trouble for the Order--and so, doesn't realize for a moment that Headstrong is talking to him.
    "I... haven't heard anything recently about the Lost Nights," Gideon says, thinking the question over. "My understanding is there are several byways being explored, with nothing confirmed at the moment. So if the werewolves have information that could aid us, it may be very worthwhile to follow up on that--although that begs the question, what do they want from us? Since it is exceedingly unlikely that they are offering this out of the goodness of their hearts."
    Do werewolves even have hearts? One supposes they must. It would be interesting to discover.

Presence
    Striking Looks
    Shadow

NOS
    PRE

Shadow pulls out her phone while Gideon speaks to Headstrong and begins to send a text. When she is done, she slides the phone back into her packet and gives the other kindred her atention.

Headstrong
    Headstrong

PRE

"Don't know why but the werewolf seemed motivated. It knew at least one Kindred, Dog, well and amicable enough. And it seems we have aided them in some recent past when another Kindred, Bethem, was murdering both Kindred and werewolves. It said it had come looking for an alliance back then. Another possibility was that it was spill-over eagerness from our brawl."

"Regardless, I figured I'd
    check with both city and covenant officials first and leave eventual negotiations up to those more skilled in such things."

Presence
    Striking Looks
    Shadow

NOS
    PRE

"He or she." Shadow says, trying not to be irritated and failing. "Werewolves are creatures very similer to us and the use of the word "It" is rude and derrogatory. Not the best way to start off an alliance." Her tone is clipped, short. She stands and moves to her desk, opening a drawer and rummaging through it. "I'd heard that the werewolves were being hunted just like us by Bethem and something else, but I did not have the time to look into it. I was tasked to go to Egypt and see if I could figure out what woke Bethem in the first place."

She pulls out a file, and glances at the papers in it before laying the file back down on her desk. "We still don't know what could possibly have awakened him, but my personal theory has something to do with the willworkers in the city. Regardless, he woke up. He didn't just take our elders away from us, he took some other important supernaturals as well. I think maybe working with the werewolves is a good idea. Unfortunatly, Dog isn't around anymore to ask for help." She considers this for a moment, watching Headstrong and Gideon closly. "Do we have any Gangrel Dragons? Or any Dead Wolves in the city? That would be immensly helpful."

Creatures like us? Unlikely, Gideon thought, but did not say. He wasn't crazy, after all; just scholarly enough to realize that people are inclined to anthropomorphize even the most base of creatures. On the other hand, he considered, Gangrel can become wolves. Perhaps there's some truth to the idea...
    No. No, entirely too unlikely. But he keeps his counsel to himself.
    At Shadow's question of Gangrel in the Order, his eyes flick to Headstrong.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread