Ended
Watch

(1505) Jojo, Viv, Chris, and Gerald

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    V
    Vivian York

Vivian looked down to hear the announcement by Asa . It really wasn’t a surprise at all, all things considered. She really had no comment about it, and would congratulate Velma later.

Judging books by their cover, it seemed to happen time and again. Josephine enjoying the same past times as Chris was no different. It was a small step, but no guarantees if they’d ever fully get along.

Well gods, I hope it’s pleasure from you. Vivian’s mind laughed as Chris spoke. She also wondered exactly what the Shadow learned about her language…

‘Dear’, Chris will love that one… Gerald’s assumptions about her area of expertise were a complete turnoff as it were. Perhaps she should suggest he’s a riding crop toting Lord while they were at it, considering the Lord spoke of control. But, the Daeva wasn’t that petty. Yet, each view was distinctive to who they were and their character, proving her earlier statement about defining views.

“Sure, sex can be a tool. An even better tool when you enjoy it. Sort of like going to university and getting a degree and gaining a career in something you love.”

She had thought about Josephine’s current words on the subject, although Vivian and she had this conversation previously. “That’s my thoughts about sex. No one’s right or wrong in their interpretation on it. Like art of course. You can pick it to pieces, try to figure it out but sometimes just sitting back and enjoying for a moment, or more, is what takes the edge off. A Requiem can become boring if you can’t have a bit of pleasure now and again.”

I just like fucking, is that really wrong? Well, and a few other things that won’t be discussed in an Elysia…

PRE

"I have equated feeding to sex before, at least in one conversation that Vivian and I shared. However, it was in the context of a sexist paradigm. Control over another is a form of oppression, after all, and certainly when we feed we are participating in an act of oppression. One could use other words to describe feeding, of course, such as subjugation, or parasitism, or violence, certainly, but I would not say that the same is true for sex. Now, there are definitely those who would argue with me upon that point, but I would simply say that sex as violence, or sex as oppression, only exists within the mental constructs which we place over it and the ways in which some choose to enact it. It, in and of itself, is separate from all of those manifestations, and many others, even if it is the way in which we choose to manifest them. But, that said, many believe as you do, Gerald, and so it is often hard to separate sex from everything else," Josephine posited, turning a fanged smile upon her clan-mate.

3. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Chris frowns when he hears Gerald's rather curious statement. It's not an expression he tries to hide. However, Vivian appears not to be offended, and maybe it should be seen as a compliment? But still, why would she be an expert? Because she's a Daeva?

If anything, one's experience should determine expertise. Then age, perhaps blood potency, should be a factor.

'Are we not ourselves? Is our desire any less a part of us? That point aside, not everyone entirely loses control over themselves.'

Feeding and sex. They may have similar themes and meanings, but it's a rare occasion when Chris combines the two.

'When I feed I step out of the shadows with my teeth in someone's neck before he or she will have a chance to notice. The exchange of bodily fluids - if you will - happens within mere seconds. Never is that the case with sex.' He chuckles, if they're going to compare the two, they can have it.

He turns to Josephine then, 'As for your point, Priscus, it is interesting to think about those mental constructs, considering that usually sex involves at least two people. One can hope to express oppression over another during a visit to the Asylum, until the other turns out to be Kindred and sucks him dry during an exhausted break.'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

5. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post

PRE

Oh goody... Gerald thinks, overhearing the Prince make his announcement. Among different company, he would have rolled his eyes. Let the absolutely charming campaign of misinformation begin. He'll have to mind his P's and Q's even more now, with her as Harpy.

After the momentary distraction, Gerald's attention returns to what is quickly approaching a debate. Just in time to offer a light laugh along with Chris. "There are those who would disagree with you on that. I imagine, though, that any who would are very, very lonely individuals." Ever since the Sea King had integrated himself with the modern world, his truly inescapable foe has become advertisement. One could be led to assume that being a 'minute man' is something of an epidemic - if the number of products claiming to fix that problem are any indication.

He looks at Josephine thoughtfully for a moment before responding again. "I can't argue with that, though my point of view is not centered so much on the nature of the exchange. The 'method of enactment' as you say. No, it is more on the experience itself. You get something from them both: feeding and sex. In sex, with a partner who is receptive, their own desire to let you get that 'something' from them can be as strong as the influence of the Kiss. In feeding, the urge to fulfill your need is rivaled in intensity by very few things. I would count sexual desire among them." He pauses, as if considering something in a new light. "Oddly enough, no matter how much you enjoy the experience - the control, the intimacy, what have you - the ultimate goal is what drives you. In one case it is blood, the other... climax. I hear Kine say that even bad sex is still pretty good; I would venture to say the same for for feeding." Which I suppose makes the experience only a small piece of the puzzle.

"Well, not to beat a dead horse, but a boring Requiem is no Requiem at all. It is one of the reasons I enjoy being Carthian, you see: the belief that one should be free to pursue what one enjoys." he says, mildly disappointed with how tame Vivian's response seemed to be.

V
    Vivian York

Glad that Josephine spoke of it because truly it was hers to share, Vivian nodded in agreement. Some of what she additionally shared could have suggested that she didn’t particularly fancy her Clan. Perhaps she may have been safe from the gifts of her Lordly Corterie mate. Trust was earned, not given, and considering all of what the woman revealed, it was earned thus far.

When Chris spoke of the comparison, she could definitely attest to the timing of the latter. It’s a good thing she was already smiling.

“Kine who claim that bad sex is 'still good' are those who haven’t copulated in a long, long time. Foul blood is only good because it is a necessity. At least, the two of these are my opinion. Then again, sometimes I like to play with my food a little…” It did seem to sweeten the blood once in a while.

“I’d rather not have sex that’s bad. In fact, why on earth would someone waste that much time.” Unless it was for another reason for a means to an end. “I guess you could call it control of some sort when I stopped the act and asked them to leave.” Of course the Daeva may have been a little picky about her partners, but why not. When you have a whole requiem, why waste it on anything but the best.

“Sometimes I wonder if part of the fun in either situation is the ‘chase’, if you will.” That was essentially a way to stave off boredom.

PRE

"Certainly a part of it," Josephine agreed, "though it is the end of the situation that truly grants meaning to it, I believe. It reminds me of the expression that it is the journey, rather than the destination that is important, but I believe that through reaching the destination one is able to fully reflect upon the journey, and from there apprehend the full significance of it. It is the same with language. It is the punctuation of the sentence that gives it meaning. We hear, or see, words in a linear progression, each additional word and space adding upon the one before it, but only when the progression ends, when the sentence is punctuated that we are able to understand it as a complete thought. A complete phenomenon. Thus, I would say, a chase, or a journey, is nothing without completion."

9. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Chris can only agree with Vivian, and he laughs heartily when making that clear. 'It does sound a bit desperate, or lazy, to say that any sex is good. You don't want it to be a waste of time, there's so much else to do.'

Like any of the things he talked about earlier.

'And if you're not good at feeding, you'd have to be feeding all day. Which makes you not more than an animal, while Kindred are supposed to be far more than even humans.' They have, after all, evolved into something different.

For a moment Chris is haunted by memories of those times he had sex but there was no climax. But that was usually because he'd been going on for over an hour and exhaustion kicked in. Oh those silly mortal days. But an hour without a climax can still be a damn good way to spend your time. That story is not one to share with Josephine though.

'Very true, and every small journey is again part of a bigger plan. If the quality of sex increases over time, that in itself becomes a phenomenon, in the journey that is a relationship. But that is never truly completed... only ended.'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

PRE

Gerald abstains from rising to the comments which border on incendiary. Do they imply that I have bad taste? Or that I lack severely in... in a certain category? The thought alone is enough to make his blood boil, so he instead focuses on Josephine's response. Distraction turns quickly to interest, which turns then into recognition. He nods along, slowly.

"You have a point. Journey, yes... but the end certainly makes the experience complete. I wish I had the wit to spin this, somehow, into something I could apply to sex or feeding." The Lord smiles and shakes his head. In truth, her statement is much more applicable to his experience in this city: his journey means nothing without some meaningful end. He may have to step up his game a notch more. "For now, I think I will simply be content with the gift of a new perspective."

Gerald glances off in the direction of the slowly dwindling crowds. "I think it is time I call it a night. Our little talk has been... enjoyable." He produces a smile to emphasize this statement. "Monsieur Reeve. Priscus. Ms. York." he offers each a nod before departing from their company - tasting ash on his tongue for the repulsive level of formality he'd just subjected himself to.

Gerald returns to the main thread.

V
    Vivian York

Josephine describing sex like grammar, it was very much like a Lord and reminded her of a song. “Well, all good things must end. But hopefully the ending is reached with a thrilling conclusion.” Winking to her coterie mate.

“Personally, over analyzing sex takes the fun out of it.” Shrugging some of the conversation. “I’m sure you could spin it to your wildest desires, Gerald.” Not caring on a formal address. After all, he wasn’t Invictus.

With all this talk of sex, there was only one thing left to do that evening. Vivian slipped her hand in the crook of the Shadow’s elbow. “Speaking of increasing quality…” There was really no need to elaborate.

PRE

"Mr. Baker," Josephine returned to the Kindred's retreating back, a light smile upon her lips. When her eyes tracked over to Vivian and the Reeve however, she let a short bark of laughter out.

"Ha! Very well. I take your meaning, and so I, too, shall take my leave. Enjoy the completion of your evening," she imparted to the two before turning and making her way towards the Nox's exit.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread