Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
THREADID

Take What is Yours

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    L

Bull Rush, and his pack that straddled he line between Urdaga and Anshega had claimed a sliver of its edge. Whatever, she wasn't all that worried about a sliver.

The bulk of the territory she'd once known, the old stomping grounds of the Ascendant Crescent Brotherhood, was unclaimed by the people. They'd determined that on their last outing. It would not be unclaimed for much longer.

Now they were gathering again, too sweep through the area and ensure that nothing remained on it foolish enough to challenge their authority. To scout old loci to see what remained. To ensure that at the end of the night territory that had once been the Ascendant Crescent Brotherhood's, that had once been the Crusader's, would now be the Granite Watchtower's.

Aeneas
    Aeneas

PRE

Aeneas arrives in his battered old pickup. Gears grind; engine rattles. The Irraka slinks from the cab, pausing while he decides where to place his faithful knife. He could ware it sheathed in his belt or hidden in his boot. The action is too much for the slow witted wolf, who growls and fumbles at his belt. Soon enough the knife hangs, sheathed at his side, in accordance with the herd's law.

Herd be damned! Tonight the wolf hunts!

Adjusting his flannelette shirt and much battered baseball cap, the Irraka pads across to his Alpha.

"Ah see ya," he warbles. "What yer hunting?"

+1
    SL
    PRE

Finally.

To say Tony was excited was to say the sun was a little bright. Two and a half years ago the Iron Master arrived and served as the Crusaders Omega just to get a taste of what their territory was like just before having it ripped away from him. Years of bloody horrifying violence wore at the shores of Tony's resolve culminating in tonight.

Tonight he would reclaim what he lost, and accept no outcome besides utter domination of his competition.

The Ithaeur walked, just shy of jogged, up to the others. "Hey." He said with a fat grin. "We ready for this?"
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

L

Slick nodded slightly, in recognition of the tribal greeting. "Tonight I'm hunting anything foolish enough to try denying us our hunting ground." Something that would be singularly foolish to do. Of course, she still wouldn't be surprised if they stumbled across some bold spirit willing to make the attempt.

Truth be told, it was unlikely to concern her all that much either.

And there's a grin in response to Tony's question. Eager, even a touch predatory. "Of course, I've been waiting for this. There are a few loci I knew during my time with the Ascendant Crescent Brotherhood. I'm thinking we could swing by those first, see if they're still there. Obviously they'd be important to secure. And if there are any spirits dug in and willing to contest our claim..there's a good chance we'll find them at a locus."

Aeneas
    Aeneas

PRE

Aeneas' face broke into a snarling grimace half way between hunger and lust. Fingers clasped at the hilt of his knife.

"Heh heh heh! Yeah! That'll do it fer sure." A pause. A beat. "You'se hunted here afore, raight? What kind o' prey ran here then? Awww... what ah means is, what we expect? Ah knows about them Greed spirits. What else hunt here? Ahs never hunted much this close to the big end o' town, see?"

He stepped closer to Chantay, caution in his steps. "An' them Reclaimers? Thems fucked up wolves? Thems be on our flank, yaa? Let me mark our land. Test 'em." If he was trying to whisper, his attempt failed completely. He wasn't paying enough attention to how his voice carried such was the animal lust, such was the desire for territory.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

Daniel is the very last to arrive as has unwillingly become his custom lately. After the assassination of Grandafather the Rahu has become quite a bit paranoid (careful, he would say), always confusing his trail as much as possible and staying far from anywhere that might have any connection to the Anshega.

Yet, he arrives before the job is about to start: he would not miss claiming this strip of territory for the world:

"Hi, sorry if I made you wait, thought I had a tail... Maybe not", - he looks at the other Pack members, - "We ready?"

L

"I don't intend to seek conflict with the Reclaimers. I doubt Bull Rush wants any trouble with us, and so long as that's the case...I'll be happy to let them sit there as a buffer between us and the Anshega. The more hoops those bastards have to jump through if they want to get to us the better, so far as I'm concerned." She paused a second, letting that sink in. "We'll claim our territory, it'll border theirs, Bull Rush won't be surprised by that. And so long as they respect it we should be good. If they don't, well, I'm sure he hasn't forgotten my warning."

"And I can't say I'm sure what we'll find for spirits in the area. I know what the area was like, but a lot's changed since then." Years of Anshega occupation, particularly, had undoubtedly caused the land to regress from the well-maintained territory it had once been. Something they'd rectify.

King's End is offered a nod of greeting as he approaches; her eyes flicking over the assembled pack, and the land around them. Their land. "Haven't made us wait, we were just getting ready to head out." And there's an eagerness, an excitement to her gaze as she turns her gaze towards the train yards. There's a warehouse there she knows well, one that had been a point of contention in the past, one that had held a locus. She was certainly ready to find out if it was still there. "Now let's claim this land."

+1
    SL
    PRE

Daniel got a nod as Tony listened to the conversation. Mention of Bull Rush earns a grimace, but Slick mentioning them as nothing but a buffer puts the Iron Master's mind at ease.

"Any idea where to start?" Tony asked as he settled his attention on his Alpha. "I only know of the locus the Crusaders had at the east lawn memorial cemetery with Honors the Venerable Dead and the warehouse we lived in. Though to see Honors still there after the Anshega's attack would surprise me given his loyalty at the time."

There was of course the third place, Prophecy motorcycles, but it lacked a locus or Guardian Spirit. Maybe another time he could bug the others to look into it with him, but it wasn't immediately relevant to claiming the territory. At least Tony would keep telling himself that.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

Daniel nods curtly to Slick before shifting into planning mode. He hasn't missed anything serious and that is good:

"Well, we could head in that direction?.." - he hesitates, - "Or we could try to find out where the more powerful Spirits are - they need Loci to feed so if we could... evict something? Trying to reclaim an old Urdaga Locus might be better for getting cooperation in the area later though. Personally I'd prefer not knocking something out of its home with no excuse at all even if it might get us a stronger place. Your call, Slick".

He turns to their Alpha, waiting for her final decision. Regardless of what Tony said at their argument for the Beta position, the Rahu isn't looking for a fight just for the sake of fighting.

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Downtown Sacramento does not as much loom as much as exist. Building after Building, a few reaching in the skies, many reaching just high enough to give the impression of depth at street level. Cars move down the roads as humans go about their business at night. Only the gentle and ever present rumble of city greets the ears of the gathering pack.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last