Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Werewolf: The Forsaken on the Wiki
Ended
Watch

New Shields

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    T

Chuck was at the Freeport Bar & Grill. According to Google a 'Classic American fare is served in a simple paneled space with a fireplace, a bar & a patio.' He looked around couldn't fault them on the description, though he was expecting something a little classier seeing as it was right next to the golf course. He sat at a table on the patio overlooking the river, just as the main lunch rush was subsiding, sipping from a tumbler of Double Scotch malt. Not his preferred liquor, but consistency wasn't something he got too caught up on. Now reliability? That's another matter. Too many people think those are the same thing.

He'd let those interested in the Aegis know when and where to meet, as well as his current pack of course. Now it was just a matter of seeing who turned up.

Anyone who accepted Chuck's offer at Tur is welcome to join this thread. Matrixchild SoraLow BDeHaven .

B
    BDeHaven

Virgil showed up at the appointed time. Looking around at the place as he entered he was pleased to see it wasn't fancy since it was right next to a golf course. He didn't care for fancy it always rubbed him the wrong way. He looked around the main room and didn't see any one that he recognized, and decided to head out and check the patio. I would want to sit outside, heck most of us would. And as luck would have it he spots Chuck sitting out side and sipping on a drink.

Virgil gives the man a respectful nod. "Chuck." He then looks at the waitress and orders a beer.

Chris showed up a few minutes after the designated time, he was new to the city so he figured it went without saying that it would take him a bit of extra time to find his way around, not to mention the fact that he was currently living out of the backseat of an abandoned car, which made waking up in the mourning a trial all its own. He enters the bar and does his best to recognize the man he had met before named Chuck, when he was sure the guy was no where to be found inside he checked the patio where he finally found Chuck and the other guy Virgil outside. He approaches them with an upwards head nod but otherwise says little, "I'm here".

M
    Matrixchild

Now this is my kind of place.

Bridger showed up close to the time he was told, wearing his normal bomber jacket and tank top. He always ran a little hot. He headed inside and looked around for Chuck, finding him and the two new pups sitting on the patio.

"Hey Chuckie," he said, then paused as he tried to remember the names of the other two. "Now I'll be honest, I was a little preoccupied when we last met so... he said, pointing at Virgil, "Vincent..." then he turned to Chris, "and Carl? Fuck, if I got that wrong I'm sorry. Again, I'm Bridger."

He then turned to the waitress, "I want to get me your largest beer," he says laughing, "and be careful with it, I like it with some good head," he adds, laughing even harder at his vulgar joke.

T

Chuck greeted his new pack members as they entered with a friendly smile, only wincing for a second at Bridger's crude sense of humor.

"Good. Glad you could all make it. I'm not sure if the others will be able to." He said with a forced smile, obviously not the happiest with what he'd just said. "If you're hungry order something. I'm paying." he offered before motioning to the menus on the table. He already knew what he would be having, but the others might need a minute.

"How have you all been finding the city?" he asked hoping to get a feel for where they were at.

Chris waist no time sitting down and pulling out a menu, he hadn't had a real meal in god knows how long and wasn't about to pass up the offer. He picked a bacon burger and a strawberry lemonade so quickly that it was a wonder why he even bothered to open the menu all. Once hes done ordering he glances back up at Chuck with a slightly bewildered look on his face, he was glad for the meal without a doubt but he wasn't exactly expecting to spend this time chit chatting. He thought Chuck was all serious shit just like the leaders of the last group he ran with. He readjust himself in his seat to avoid looking even more awkward and tries to maintain some form of composure, or at the very least not look so much like a lost pup. "I haven't seen much of it, only the parks, and the streets, and the buildings."

B
    BDeHaven

"Virgil." He says correcting Bridger and giving him a lazy wave of the hand. Then turns back to his menu.

Virgil ends up ordering a classic cheeseburger. Then nods at Chris when he's through ordering.

Answering Chucks question. "It's changed a good bit since I was home last. but thats to be expected. I haven't exactly returned home under the happiest of circumstances."

M
    Matrixchild

"Hey you know what they say, never look a free meal in the gullet," he said with a hearty laugh. "I'll have a steak, rare. It'll go good with me beer."

He handed her the menu and then look back at the group. "I haven't seen much of the city yet. Need to find me some underground fights if I want some bloody money, pun intended," he said with a toothy grin.

"Oh and sorry mate,"
    he said tapping his head, "Virgil, got it in me memory now."

T

Chuck ordered the seafood platter. There might be some leftover, but that wasn't really a concern. He gave a generic nod to Chris' generic answer, wondering what it would take for the younger man to open up.

"You're welcome. And you'd do well to remember your oath Bridger. I understand you want to let off some steam but an underground fight is just the sort of place that could make you lose control. If you really need money for something, let me know and I'll sort it out." he said without chiding the other Urdaga. He'd do well to think things through and Chuck had the impression he may have to think things through on Bridger's behalf more than once.

"Now Virgil. You're from here you said." He confirmed. "How long have you been away, and what were the circumstances that brought you back?" he inquired.

"Also, you may have noticed that the other group members aren't here." He said with a little seriousness creeping into his tone. "It seems they have up and left, though I'm not sure why." He paused for a few seconds, frowning and giving a small sigh. "So I find myself with a completely new set of faces and I've had to adjust my expectations. That said, I'd like to hear what it is that you are all expecting from running together and if there is anything you want or need either now or in the future. I might be leading the group, but if we don't look after each other we'll flounder and fail. We're the new folk to the more experienced locals, the low, so the more cohesively we can work as a team the better our position is going to be." he said, hoping for some solid answers that would give him something to work with and a direction to focus on.

B
    BDeHaven

Virgil spins his beer glass around slowly between his hands before answering "Other than a visit now and again for holidays I've been gone since I left for college. Had my incident and all while I was doing that. So close to fifteen years now. My sister called me a few nights back to tell me our parents had a car wreck and neither made it. Buried them the day I meet you folks."

He takes another quaff of beer before continuing. "What I expect is some support and to be able to support in return. You know get my life back to normal... heh what passes for our normal at least. Yeah what I need is some balance."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last