Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(1505) Rina and Marco

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina shakes her head lightly. Even now, as curious as she was sure he was, he was trying to be nice and polite. It was a little funny. "Nothing in particular. They are not the sort that brings in information, more of the sort that reacts to information already acquired." Except one. But he didn't need to know about that one. It might be unhealthy for him if he did.
    Gangrel - Circle of the Crone
    Aspect of the Predator

M
    Matrixchild

Kindred and their games. He could obviously tell he didn't have the whole story, but then again this as all part of the game. He continued to smile pleasantly.

"That makes sense, though I find that there is always information to be had, even when there doesn't appear to be any."

He turned and glanced in Sergei's direction for a moment. "I mean take Sergei for example. He appears polite and is very friendly with Angel, you almost couldn't tell that he secretly resents her for not joining the First Estate." He shook his head in disgust. "I mean, so new and already against his Priscus...or so I'm told," he said with a smile. "Many people leave out the important details, but I find that it's the things people outright deny that really gives them away."

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina frowns profoundly. Was he insulting a member of the Invictus? It kind of sounded like it - any implication that they might not be working towards the betterment of the Domain was certainly an insult, as far as the Shadow was concerned. Whatever little smile had found its way onto her face slowly disappears.

"Did he tell you this himself, or are you simply making an assumption?" One way meant that Sergei would get a talking to. The other way meant that Rina got to give a Carthian a stern talking to about making assumptions about his betters. Either way, Rina won, really. They were both equally annoying people, what with the Nosferatu's smell and the Carthian's...being a Carthian.
    Aspect of the Predator

M
    Matrixchild

Marco had clearly struck a nerve, though he wasn't sure if it was Sergei specific or merely because he was of the First Estate.

"Oh no one would say something so explicitly, it was just in how he referred to her. I have a knack for reading people, and as I said, it's the things people don't say that are the most telling," he said solemnly.

"Now, I don't believe he holds any ill will, maybe just wishes that she would divide her focus between the First Estate and her clan instead of merely her clan. I find that many Kindred become frustrated when those near them can't see what they believe to be the right choice."

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Ah, wonderful. Rina had hoped she would get to lecture the Carthian instead. She takes a second to compose herself, working through the exact words she would use. She had nowhere near the ability of Velma to weave words, so she would have to settle simply for the fear factor of being her, the Whip, Deputy, and woman who had killed another in Monomacy.

Rina leans in towards Marco, waving for him to bring his head down to hers conspiratorially. "Now, Mr. Fernandez, I am going to say this once, and then, next time, I will simply act. Are you listening?"
    Aspect of the Predator

M
    Matrixchild

Now is it going to be just a stern talking to or a threat? He was used to animosity. He did not smile, for that would only cause more problems. A troublemaker had to know when to be nice and when to allow someone to be fierce. Gossip certainly had a dirty side.

"I'm listening Madame Yui."

Here comes the pain.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Good. At least he could do one thing right. "Good. Now..."

A hand rolled up to land on his shoulder and bring him down to her level. It wasn't too far, but it was the motion that counted. "I would highly recommend you watch how you speak. Questioning the loyalty of others to their Priscii could be taken entirely the wrong way, as it is a rather insulting accusation." And it had, clearly, been taken entirely the wrong way.

"I will allow it this one time because you are new, and a Carthian, and as such do not understand how civilized Kindred behave. But, should I ever catch you speaking like that of Mister Lukyanenko, or any other member of the Invictus, again, I will take it as a personal insult and react appropriately." She leveled a deadly glare straight into his eyes. "Is that clear, Mr. Fernandez?"
    Aspect of the Predator

M
    Matrixchild

Threats come with the territory. You can't spread gossip without upsetting some people. Marco nodded solemnly. "You're absolutely right. I had not intended it as an insult, merely an observation, but you're right, I shouldn't have assumed. I will be much more careful with my words in the future."

You never know a person until you've pissed them off. Out of all his interactions so far in the night he had learned the most from Rina. She believes in the domain, believes in the First Estate, and believes in respect between Priscii and their clan. Should he have spoke like that to her? Probably not. But any interaction is worth it when you learn something new.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina stands back up to her full, five-foot, height, releasing her hold on Marco to let him do the same. "Good. I will be watching." Her hand made a shooing motion. She had all of the talking-to-Carthians she could stomach for the night. "Now, go, find someone else to gossip with, about someone else."
    Aspect of the Predator

M
    Matrixchild

Marco stood back up and smiled. "You have a good evening Madame Yui."

At least he knew he could still push people's buttons, though being a Carthian only made that easier. He gave a slight nod of his head and then walked away.

Marco heads back to the main thread

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread