Ended
Watch

Double Date Delight

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    S
    Sasha

L’aire had picked up Kyle Ferlen to head over to a random public restaurant. She was nervous, more than usual. She wasn’t entirely sure as to why; she’d known Terri and Rick for a long time and then the Minstrel, well, she was pretty sure she was beginning to know him better.

The dress she had was a little shorter than normal, although not as short as dancewear. Most of the time those were worn with tights, a dress like this would have made it seem strange. Given L’aire’s long legs, there wasn’t much she could do about off the rack clothes. The only tricky thing about the dress were shoes, but she settled on black flats.

As she pulled up and parked the truck, the Fairest unfastend her seatbelt and put her hand on the door. She turned to Kyle and smiled. “So are you ready for this?” Her lips then pursed, wondering why she asked or said it that way. "Er, um. I mean, to uh...have dinner with my um well, family. Or, you know... Motley." The last word whispered even though the doors were still closed.

Still surprised he’s stuck around this far. Considering she wasn’t sure what to call it, L’aire started to panic inside on how to introduce him.

No wait, they know him already. I think I’m good there.

ooc

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Kyle is handsome, with a strong jawline that is usually marred with stubble or an unkempt beard. He has short, messy brown hair that is often hidden beneath a hat. When he moves about he is accompanied by the sound of rustling foliage. He has bright, expressive brown eyes.
    Mien

Mien

Kyle's hair - his real hair - is comprised of short, tangled vines. He sports hornlike growths of twisted branches behind his pointed, elegant ears. His skin tone is tinted with the slightest hint of green, and is covered with crisscrossing white scars on his back and arms. His hair on his face and body is green and fibrous like the tufts on an ear of corn. Shifting vines grow from his palms, which are usually coiled around his hands like bandages. His irises are dull and pale.

PRE

Kyle had been a little apprehensive, himself. A nervous energy that stemmed from the desire not to embarrass Sasha by not taking things seriously Which, really, just means being himself. He'd picked out what would hopefully be interpreted as formal - or at least modest. A step outside the box for the rockstar of bohemian styles; tuxedo shirt and a black vest with shockingly well-groomed hair. He didn't want to think of how taming a mass of tangled ivy worked as he had preened and groomed the mortal Mask he put on for this latest public debut.

Looking over at L'aire from the passenger seat, the Minstrel returns her smile. It's a big deal that she's letting him in to her inner circle of sorts. Guess I've passed the entry exam. Though he's probably not out of the woods yet... he still has to earn her Motley-mates' stamp of approval. He's not just a drifter visiting the city anymore, and this date is what cements the idea in his mind. It's funny to him, in a way, that he hasn't worried about being accepted until now. He's wanted to make himself useful, sure. Prove he can hold his own and pull his weight. But none of this had been tempered with insecurity - at least until now.

"Ready as I'll ever be, I guess. To be honest... I don't usually worry about what other people think of me. Can't help but feel a little nervous, though. If we're bein honest. You think the getup is appropriate?" His eyes widen a little. "My getup, that is. You look great. As per usual." He smiles warmly.

-1 Glamour for Hardened Mask.

3. Likes Gwydden, Forn Clakes liked this post
    S
    Sasha

L’aire was so nervous that, again, she’d forgot to put up their first defense against anything that may be looking for them. Quickly, like a melting icicle, the Onyx’s appearance changed to that of the nimble human dancer.

“Oh, I didn’t want to put pressure on you or anything. It’s not like you’re going to ask them to…um.” The Fairest’s eyes widened and she froze. “Haha, uh wow, I am not starting tonight well.”

Turning away from him for a moment, she pulled in a breath to calm her nerves. As she turned back to him, her smile glowed a little. “I think it’s more than appropriate. You look very handsome, Chris.” The fact he put more effort into the evening than usual had caught her off guard when he came out of his apartment. She had nearly been speechless.

“And thank you. Skirts a little short though.” Which she was certain he noticed, even given his visual impairment. “Shall we?” Opening the door and stepping out of the truck.

She had waited for him and walked with her hand nestled into his arm. After entering the restaurant, L’aire wasn’t sure if there was a reservation made for some private room area or what may be going on. She paused at the door with the Minstrel and looked for Terri Nutkins or Rick Pereg .

-1 Glamour, Hardened Mask

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Ever since receiving L'aire's invite via text message for a double-date between the four of them, Terri had been a red-blur of excitement and madness, seeking out the perfect place for them to eat away from prying eyes. She had also spent some considerable time looking for the perfect outfit, something dainty and in keeping with the season. Showcasing her well-toned thighs for Rick's benefit, she had both-fingers crossed that tonight would go down well.

As they were waiting at the restaurant, in the private dining area no less, Terri's eyes kept glancing to the door and back to her own date, the grin never leaving her face.

"Why am I so nervous?" she giggled, one hand drifting across the table to take hold of Rick's fingers. Despite having her Mask hardened, the smooth fur that covered parts of her body stood on end; a weird sensation no matter how long she had been changed since her escape from Arcadia.

Glancing once again to the door, Terri's eyes lit up as she spotted L'aire and Kyle, waving with her free-hand. "Oh my god, Sasha looks amazing!" Terri comments honestly, still beaming at the dancer's dress and the way she wears it. If Terri had it her way, L'aire would be her model for life, wearing any and everything she made.

"Hey guys!" the Beast called out, standing to greet them as they headed over. Oh, and she was grinning. Ear to ear.

Mask Hardened

Terri
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

L

"Umm," would saying that women always seem to be nervous about such things be a bad idea? Probably. "I don't know?"

He wasn't particularly nervous himself, leaning back in his seat as he waited. The hardened mask wasn't something he did very often at all. But after Terri had hardened hers he'd ultimately decided to. The gray did work with a natural skin tone as well, he supposed. He simply wasn't all that used to putting his mundane face forward.

Terri was certainly beautiful either way, though.

And he squeezed her hand softly as it found his. Then feeling it lifted a bit as Terri popped to her feet upon seeing Sasha and Kyle make their appearance. He couldn't help but smile a bit at her exuberance, as he rose to his feet as well. And also offered a wave of greeting, a touch more sedately.

-1 Glamour to harden the mask.

Rick

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Kyle is handsome, with a strong jawline that is usually marred with stubble or an unkempt beard. He has short, messy brown hair that is often hidden beneath a hat. When he moves about he is accompanied by the sound of rustling foliage. He has bright, expressive brown eyes.
    Mien

Mien

Kyle's hair - his real hair - is comprised of short, tangled vines. He sports hornlike growths of twisted branches behind his pointed, elegant ears. His skin tone is tinted with the slightest hint of green, and is covered with crisscrossing white scars on his back and arms. His hair on his face and body is green and fibrous like the tufts on an ear of corn. Shifting vines grow from his palms, which are usually coiled around his hands like bandages. His irises are dull and pale.

PRE

Kyle shrugs his shoulders at the compliment, trying to play it cool. His eyes tell another story though; he's relieved. He hadn't even realized he owned anything like what he found, and he seems to relax a little getting the verbal 'OK' from L'aire.

"Too short? I..." his eyes betray him for a second, then snap back to her face. "I think it's great." Half a moment later, almost long enough to earn him some kind of reproval, his face cracks into a huge, guilty grin. The unspoken 'I got you' evident on his face.

He and Sasha don't have to wait long to spot the other two, and Kyle waves to Terri with his free hand. So that's what she looks like. When she's not all 'squirreled up'. The tail had made her easier to pick out from a crowd, before. From afar, she looks like any other redhead does to him - a blurry mess of high contrast. As he and his date make their way over to the table, however, he decides she looks pretty good.

"Terri! Great to see you. And you must be Rick, right? Call me Chris." Kyle isn't wasting any time with keeping his identity a secret, it seems. With his arm still entwined with Sasha's, he offers the man a hand. One of the wonderful things about a Changeling's simplest form of magic is being able to hide not only the appearance of being different, but also the tactile differences as well; Rick won't feel like he's grabbing a handful of wriggling vines.

S
    Sasha

The Dancer beamed back to Kyle after he grinned. Had it not been for her Mask up, she’d be a little more radiant than normal. Still, she felt as much despite being concealed.

L’aire was accustomed to seeing Terri without the tail or anything else that Arcadia made her. Rick, on the other hand, this was the first time she’d seen him in this state. With or without the mask, the Fairest could see her redheaded friend’s attraction to him. All L’aire saw was the brother or uncle type.

Upon seeing them, she followed with the Minstrel to the table Terri and Rick had been. Chris, must remember to call him Chris. Why is that so hard, I go by Sasha outside of the Freehold. After the men exchanged a handshake, L’aire leaned to hug Rick because as far as she knew Motley mates did that.

Then L’aire walked around the table and hugged Terri a little more. She whispered quickly in her ear. “Oh my god why am I nervous.” Giggling gently before pulling away “Your dress is really cute.” Maybe a little attempt to cover up whatever she whispered and taking her seat.

“Were you guys waiting long? Did you see anything exciting on the menu?” The Fairest didn't even look at the menu yet, but she grabbed the glass of water on the table and took several sips. For most, that would be a suprise considering her usual m.o. Her violet eyes kept looking between all three of them.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri accepted L'aire's hug, moving around the table so as to get more room. "Me too," she whispers, breaking away. "Thank you. Gotta say, you look great, Sasha," she added, looking over to Kyle, smiling sweetly. "You too, Chris. Cute vest."

Taking a seat once again, Terri found Rick's hand over the table. "Oh no, not that long. We were waiting for you guys before getting started. Just ordered drinks." Eyes went from L'aire to settle on Kyle, wondering where to begin. Finally, she started at the top. "Wow Chris, I never thought you'd ever be able to tame that mane," she giggled, throwing the Fairest a wink.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

L

Rick's grip was polite and firm as he returned the handshake. None of that machismo testing of each other's grip strength from him. "Yep, that would be me. It's nice to meet you."

He returned to his seat along with Terri after the handshake. And let his fingers interlace with hers as her hand found his once again. There was a slight chuckle at whatever it was the women had whispered between themselves as well. Women and their secretive gossip, some things never changed.

"Oh, a guy can almost always get that tamed. It can be a pain at times, but it's just a matter of time and patience. Not that I have to worry about that much anymore." Because, you know, feathers were actually quite a bit easier to deal with.

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Mien

Mien

PRE

Rick already seems like a decent guy. Pretty down-to-earth, anyway, if the Minstrel is any judge of a handshake's caliber. "Likewise."

Kyle watches with some curiosity as the two girls share a secret amid a hug. Well, equal part curiosity and nervousness. 'Kyle's got something in his teeth' he imagines in Sasha's voice, then 'Don't say anything. You'll hurt his feelings' in Terri's. Maybe something worse. Or maybe it's nothing at all. The two break into compliments and Kyle shakes off the thoughts. Not really worth stressing out over.

"Thanks. Tryin out a new thing." He almost manages to keep a straight face, but a grin cracks through the facade. He notices Sasha reach for a glass of water, thinking back briefly on her description of her Keeper's 'special brew'. True Fae or no... I would rip that guy a new one if I had the chance. Or so he tells himself.

"But seriously... I don't know if I can do this hairstyle all the time." he looks away and almost shudders for a moment; the image of what actually must have happened playing out like some horror movie. The pseudo-drama is quickly forgotten as Kyle looks back at Sasha again.

"Want to get an appetizer or somethin?" Soon after he finishes the thought, he realizes it would have been better to offer that idea up to the whole table. A beat. "What's everyone in the mood for?"

12. Likes Gwydden liked this post
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 14

You do not have permission to view the list of names.