Ended
Watch

Fateful Inception ?

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Miach

PRE

Introductions, eh ? It was only fair enough, after all, even if it could be bone-chilling. And hopeful. Argo was a man who had found a path of redemption, and that was one of the core belief of Miach.

"Before I became a doctor, I was completely carefree. Then I was pointed out how lucky I was to be carefree, and I wanted to share it with everyone else. I've been a doctor forever since, first here, then in Africa and back here." the Acanthus paused for a breath, inhaling the tea's smell with anticipation.

"It is my belief that everyone deserves a fair chance at opening his eyes to his mistakes, and genuinely redeeming themselves if need be. Those Mads included." he finished, looking at Argo. They would possibly be at odds, if the man intended to execute them. Self-defense was one thing. Outright murder quite another.

L
    LoneRanger

I give a look at the others. I let silence descend so the various ideas could be digested. I wait until the noise of the water from the Samovar is dominant. Then I inspire.

I am from Sac, the Indomitable city. I've not such a glamorous history as working for KGB or working in Africa. I just went other the other side opf the pond, jus to Awaken there and ... start digging artifacts in the Mediterranean basin area. That... was an helluva work. Digging. Ahem

A quick pause to let words enter.

regarding our Councilium enemies. These Breaking Bad lookalike seems to be efficient to be on their own. Too, I'd say. Mads. I would wonder if they could be reasoned with. What you think about it?

E
    Enoich

The feel of the normally liquid water shattering its unique structure and flitting away as vapor, fleeing the excess heat in a search to reform again. The back of his mind focused on this, as it often did when things changed form. Form was something he was innately familiar with, even if he did not understand the science. The changing and forcing of one form into another had been his forte... In an uncanny similarity, he felt the ripple of tension in the room as soon as he mentioned his darker origins. This was good. He had feared that Mages in general had been too desensitized to violence, yet the words of Miach certainly lent to some apprehension, "I thank you for your honesty, Mister Miach. I also believe some mad to find redemption, or work for it. This problem... How do we reason with someone so hostile? The way Mister Truce had been speaking of, they would murder any Awakened they saw."

"Two ideas come to mind," The old Russian exposits. "One is seeking defectors, finding those who feel pressured by their fellows, or maybe the whole drug business. It is not natural... The other involves blending in with The Mad... Would be good for information, but risky. Very Risky."

"Ah yes, gentlemen. Do either of you desire a Sugar Cube... Jelly? I did not bring cream, since I walked here..."

L
    LoneRanger

I look at Argo Forma, while he talks. Then I nod to him, as in I understand your point. I caress my chin, before speaking. As in meditating what to say. Then, with a little exhalation, while putting my hand on my legs, I start speaking. The tone is calm. It may not seem friendly, but it is frank.

Pardon my question and please, bear with me if I sound judicial or arrogant, but ... Do you think the Mysterium members are trained to infiltrate such agencies? Please, forgive me, so I do not know how your Order works or stuff like that. I don't want to seem prejudiced or critical, but I'd see other more suited to this task.

A small pause.

We could do what we are suited to do. Retrieving and examing samples? Perhaps a check on the background of the people in the drug business?

Then my tone turns a lot friendlier. I smile friendly to the Russian and then to the good doctor.

On the other hand, there are other decision to be takes, such as where we want to base us and so on. Sugar, one cube would be nice. If Dr. Miach here has some milk, I'd be extremely grateful.

Miach

PRE

While Pelican was downplaying his doings, Miach still doubted it had been that... dull. Still, it didn't matter much in the short term, and the possible issue with Argo was a more pressing matter on the Acanthus's mind.

"They've admittedly been nothing but hostile so far as I've been able to gather..." Miach admitted freely. "Doesn't mean it has to remain that way." but he shrugged, because he had no idea on how to do that, and neither option sounded very likely to the doctor.

When the subject shifted to tea for the shortest while, he strode into his kitchen to fetch some cream, milk, sugar, and small pastries, and put it on the table for anyone to pick. "I'll take sugar, yes, please. Always been a sweet tooth..."

Pelican's question were straight on, alas. Miach had never proved much in the infiltration business. "Your assessment of my skillset is spot on, Pelican." he replied, nodding to the man calmly, not feeling diminished by his admission. "but there are other avenues I think we might tread more easily, and not without benefit..." he said, referring to what he had already spoken about at their meeting in Einstein's place.

E
    Enoich

With the methodical movements of unfettered calm from years upon years of making tea, Argo prepared cups, poured the concentrated tea and added some additional water, leaving his own extremely strong. "The beauty of the Samovar is not only design, but being able to adjust the strength. There is hot water in middle reservoir as well as the kettle on top, so you have strong, very strong tea in kettle and can adjust as one likes." Cradling three cups of tea and his tin of sugar cubes and jellies, he brought them out and placed them about, finally settling himself in a chair with his cuppa of bitter tea curbed only by a scoop of orange marmalade.

"The Mysterium. I say this for my experience, not for the Mysterium in America... The Mysterium have people who can find things, or find information, but those who can infiltrate in plain sight, into an organization? I know few mages who have that talent. Perhaps they are here, but I cannot fit into any group easily." Even the Awakened, really...

"My apartment is sadly smaller than your kitchen, and while a fine... Hideout if things go wrong, should not be worthy of Sanctum." A long sip of tea, followed by an exhalation that always precedes more daunting explanations, "I am sorry for being so unhelpful in this situation. The situation with these Banishers is important, but I find difficulties in actually doing things. But Cabal is necessary, they tell me. Unless Banishers have crippling fear of transmuting, I'm not sure what I can do."

L
    LoneRanger

I listen to the points brought in the table. Then I turn my gaze up, lost in the emptiness. Perhaps a sign of dumbness. Uhm the cup of tea offered by Argo. I pick it with care and look for milk. While putting some milk, I ask with a nonchalant tone.

Yes, but which bar you intend to visit, Dr.Miach? I bet you've something on your mind.

A bit stronger... wouldn't have hurt tho. Anyway, it is really very nice.

I start savouring some of the tea, and when I am half way the cup of tea. A quick grin.

Let's be honest on this, it is good to be in a cabal. So I suppose we might want to have a look around for suitable places. Perhaps me and our esteemed collegue Argo might wish to have a look at the landscape, looking for suitable places. Beside, as far as i understood the Banishers do not maraud the whole of the city. This tea is very nice. I wouldn't mind another cuppa at a later stage.

OOC

Miach

PRE

OOC

As he tested the samovar, and found it entertaining, the doctor also listened to his newfound Cabalmates's opinion. They were not frontliners, no more than he was for Pelican, no more any longer for Argo. They'd have to make do. Perhaps Esmeralda could help in that respect, or asking around...

"Well, first things first, I'll have to bring you up to speed about a couple of things, and we'll visit a couple of places. Then we'll try and devise a proper, informed, course of action. But for now, how about we try and let those worries aside for a couple of hours, and simply relish in being alive ?" he offered, smiling.

Banishers, Sanctum, and all that could wait until three people tried to bond, even the tiniest bit.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread