Ended
Watch
51 - 59
DISPLAYED
And this is why we drink - OPEN

Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6
    C
    Casitive

California is different,” the older cop intones, his voice carrying an edge to it. Steely eyes watch as the cowboy-hatted man reaches for his jacket and starts pulling out guns, one at a time. The veteran cop's fingers twitch. Everyone knows what's been going on recently. It's hard not to pay attention to the news and there's an extra edge to every tape-recorded interaction and even, and especially, in California where every interaction is scrutinized.

You got your Ids?” Asks the rookie cop behind July. There's less of an edge to the rookie's voice, more clouded by idealism that he can help.

The veteran moves forwards, puts his toes onto of the first gun and slides it away to the Rookie.

Either way, we gotta go to the station,” The veteran informs, “and get this stuff straightened out. You can't conceal carry without one, former US Marshal or not. We won't arrest you, if you continue to be cooperative.

The Rookie takes the gun, a low-whistle coming from his lips.

Unless you got a lawyer, that you want to bring along.

First Two Only, 3Successes \ 1 Success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-05-18 09:39:46 [04] Cas-Cops rolls 4 to Wits + Emp (Vet1, Rookie2) (10 Again) 6, 6, 1, 6 failure
    2015-05-18 09:39:46 [03] Cas-Cops rolls 4 to Wits + Emp (Vet1, Rookie2) (10 Again) 10, 3, 3, 2, 5 1 success
    2015-05-18 09:39:46 [02] Cas-Cops rolls 4 to Wits + Emp (Vet1, Rookie2) (10 Again) 10, 7, 3, 3, 7 1 success
    2015-05-18 09:39:46 [01] Cas-Cops rolls 4 to Wits + Emp (Vet1, Rookie2) (10 Again) 8, 8, 5, 9 3 successes

Well, then, shit, what am I supposed to do without a name?” Arthur's friend says in his exasperation. “What do you want to do?

M
    Matrixchild

Fuckin' sleeper cops, always trying to go above and beyond. July was just annoyed that his whole day had been ruined over guns, something he'd easily been able to carry for years. God he missed having his badge so he could make beat cops like this look like small potatoes. He held in his frustration and kept a cool head, if he had to go to the police station he would. All that matter now was to avoid an arrest and get this whole situation resolved as quickly as possible. He'd have plenty of time to sort it out with his contacts later.

"I can understand not trusting me at my word. I'm going to reach into my pocket and get my wallet now."
    He did what he said and pulled out his wallet, grabbing his ID and holding it out for one of the officers to take. "You can call it in and verify my identity, but if you're going to take me in regardless then we should just go now. I know my background's clear so if this makes you feel safer then let's just go."

"But before we go I just need to tell my friend something,"
    he says calmly to the officers, gesturing back at Emrys (Xander ). If they allow him he'll turn to Emrys and say "Arthur stepped away to make a call, tell him my name is Harlow Rivers. That should help." He hated having his name out there but they were members of the consilium so if any of them used it improperly he'd show them the error of their ways.

Emrys

PRE

"I'll go tell him now." Emrys said as he gave the Guardian a pat on the back. Without another word he was off to pass the name on to Arthur.

Once he was back inside though, he looked towards Einstein first. He raised a hand to his throat and pulled it across, signaling the Theurgist to drop the funny business just in case.

Continuing on he makes his way to Arthur, leaning in close to the mage to avoid announcing the new guys name to everyone. "Cowboy hat's name is Harlow Rivers, and he's about to be taken into the precinct. They say they won't arrest him if he continues to cooperate, but if you can find out where he's going we can follow and keep an eye on him just in case."

Arthur

Obrimos of the Silver Ladder

Presence 4 - Cocky
    Striking Looks 2 - Slick Smile

Reality War -Titanic Ep1: H: 1rB/7 M:7/12:3, W:5/5

+1
    SL
    PRE

Arthur covers the lower half of his phone as Emrys walks over. An eyebrow raises as the Acanthus shares a Name. Arthur just looks at Emrys then nods and brings the phone back to the side of his head.

"Hey, sorry, just got his name. Harlow Rivers. It sounds like he's cooperating but anyway we could smooth things along there?"
    Arthur, Obrimos of the Silver Ladder, SL2 (Slick Smile), Pres 4 (Cocky)

C
    Casitive

His buddy repeats the name to remember it and then goes silent for a moment. “If the guy's legit from another state, I'll take care of it.” Coughing on the other line, he quickly excuses himself. One handed typing is a skill. “But, you'll owe me big.”

Everyone Else

“That's fine,” the rookie reaches forward and carefully takes the Identifications. Eyes never leave July. Or the Stetson. “Computer is fucked anyway.” Budget cuts and Tax Dollars (not) at work.

While the rookie looks through the identification, the veteran cop states calmly. “I'm going to pat you down now and take your gun.” Deadly serious, “It's just protocol. Then we'll go to the station and see about clearing this all up.”

Clearly, the veteran is looking for some sort of permission before moving forward to do just that.

The rookie cop, finished with glancing through the identifications moves to open the squad car.

M
    Matrixchild

As long as I get them back after all of this is done, I did buy them legally, he thought as he held up his arms. "I'd like this cleared up as quickly as I can, so do whatcha gotta do."

He would just have to be more careful in the future if he wanted to avoid similar trouble.

Arthur

Obrimos of the Silver Ladder

Presence 4 - Cocky
    Striking Looks 2 - Slick Smile

Reality War -Titanic Ep1: H: 1rB/7 M:7/12:3, W:5/5

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hair gets ruffled again, big is relative and potentially painful. "Ya I do, that number is just the beginning." How the hell did people do this back home? Fake names and ids? ...probably the smart move. Arthur glances at Einstein again to see if the Libertines done anything more than have more of her drink.
    Arthur, Obrimos of the Silver Ladder, SL2 (Slick Smile), Pres 4 (Cocky)

E
    Ermac

A pat down and a trip to the station? Damn it, man. The Theurge was silently seething in frustration. Eying the vehicle once more, temptation called to him. The computer was allegedly "fucked." There was no easy way for coaxing cops to follow proper protocol - probability was it'd draw more attention to the bystanders.

Keeping his distance he was not going to attempt anything yet.

C
    Casitive

When July gets to the station, he's sat down out front. He isn't arrested and thus, no Miranda rights to read. Next to a young man, he's asked a few questions and they log in his guns. Already, this young cop has the paperwork for one Harlow Rivers – having been given the head's up ahead of time – and doesn't take more than a moment to match the man to the photographs from his old days.

The police-station is a buzz with activity. A drunk comes by kicking and screaming, flinging himself up in the air in a crazed attempt to get away. A prostitute with a face stained with mascara sits sullenly in a corner waiting booking.

That young cop asks how it was to be a US Marshall.

The rookie who brought in July gives him a donut and a cup of coffee in one of those ubiquitous small blue-and-white Greek coffee cups.

All in all, after an hour or two, July has filled out the paperwork for his permits. Is given a fine and will get his guns back with his permit.

Good scene you dudes, I'm gonna put this into continuity now

Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6
Closed Thread