Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Sharing the fun...

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Miach

PRE

As he had agreed at the Consilium, Miach was home, standing ready to share what he knew - or part thereof - about the GLO with the other investigators trying to stop it. He had barely been called, so didn't have much ready, but at least he had beers, and orange juice. It would have to do.

Looking at his watch while waiting the Obrimos, the Enchanter mentally rehearsed what he knew of the events, looking for more things to bring to help. Ermac and the others would need every advantage they could get.

E
    Ermac

Ermac arrived at the address provided by Miach. His car parked outside, he stepped up to the Sanctum, armed with a courier bag containing his laptop, a pen and pad of paper.

He knocked on the door.

Miach

PRE

Hearing the knock he had been awaiting, Miach strode to the door, and quickly had Ermac in. "Hi, how are you, please please come in." He refrained by an inch from checking outside whether anyone had seen the Mighty enter, but instead quickly banged the door shut.

"I see you've come prepared." he said, commenting on the heavy-looking bag. "I hope to make it worth your while.

Please come inside, and make yourself comfortable..."
    did he add, showing his couches in the living room.

E
    Ermac

"Thank you," Ermac replied as he entered the Sanctum. "I'm sure it will be productive," he replied optimistically as he sat down on the couch as instructed. "So what have you come across?"

Miach

PRE

"First things first, as a host. Would you like something to drink ?" Who knows, they may be in for a long talk.

Once they were all set, the doctor started sipping his own glass of orange juice, his eyes open but unfocused.

"It all started by a shooting... I was in Written in Water, along others, and got caught in the crossfire between someone called B, and at least two others shooters. I learned later that all three were involved at various degree with GLO. They are the three persons we should be looking for now.

B... somehow slipped out of my knowledge. The girl who shot me should be in prison. And the third party... resurfaced recently, apparently as the supplier of huge quantities of GLO.

If you can draw, I can describe them."
    he said, looking at the Libertine, wondering if that would be possible. It sure could be helpful.

E
    Ermac

"Glass of water is fine," upon receiving the glass, "Thank you." He pulled out his laptop and began taking notes on his laptop.

"I apologize in advance. I am going to ask you a boatload of questions. I'm chronicling as much as possible from everyone involved. This way, when someone asks about GLO, there's information." Ermac emphasized the importance of his agenda, stating each word with distinct punctuation, "Every detail matters."

Given that Einstein was the only other Libertine with Forces, he was not overly concerned of one of them casting Invoke Password. Still being an I.T. guy, the encryption was going to be a pain in the ass to break.

"Started with a shooting at Written in Water..." he confirmed as he wrote. "Miach caught in crossfire. Who else was present? Were they Consilium members?" That was important to establish. More leads to chase down.

"Who is B? Male or female? Is B's magical status known: Awakened, Sleeper, Sleepwalker, Banisher, Seer?" He paused before clarifying, "I mean actual biology. Gender identity is irrelevant at this point."

"Were you able to uncover who the target was? Describe all the shooters than you recall. And..." upon Miach's request, he retrieved the pad of paper and a pencil that had been buried within the courier bag. "..here you are sir. Take as much time as you need to draw."

"Define slipped out of your knowledge? Did she take any information from you? If so, by what means? Describe this third party who appears to be the supplier."

Miach

PRE

A boatload of questions, eh ? That was fine by Miach. Hopefully, sifting through it all once again would help shed some light on the matter at hand. Holding his palms up, he calmly invited his guest to shoot. And shoot it was.

"Okay, let's go through this slowly. Yes, there were other members of the Consilium. Written In Water was a regular hangout for us... back then." was it really that long ago ? "Notably, there was my former Cabalmate, Idun, and Reverb. And also Dark Eyes. All have left or disappeared, I know not of their whereabouts, alas. M.Rossi was present too, and is now dead."

"B is, or was, a young male, Awakened but not involved with us. The Banishers had tried to pick him off, and he ran into Reverb, asked for help." In hindsight, Miach could venture a pretty good guess of what they wanted him for...

"The target was that B. His assailants were a girl and a man who pretended to be a mailman."

Miach wasn't sure if he could draw them accurately enough, but he could try, at least. And perhaps with lady luck on his side... "Please be patient..."

5 successes on Exceptional Luck; -1 Mana; 6 successes on the drawing
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-05-14 18:22:35 [03] Miach rolls 4 to Int 3 + Crafts 1 to draw the mailman's portrait (9 Again) 3, 6, 1, 1 failure
    2015-05-14 18:22:35 [02] Miach rolls 4 to Int 3 + Crafts 1 to draw the mailman's portrait (9 Again) 3, 1, 7, 1 failure
    2015-05-14 18:22:35 [01] Miach rolls 4 to Int 3 + Crafts 1 to draw the mailman's portrait (9 Again) 3, 7, 4, 10, 9, 8 3 successes
    2015-05-14 18:21:28 Lynn Mills rolls 4 to hear the truth [Manip (3) + Subt (1)] (10 Again) 9, 7, 1, 2 1 success
    2015-05-14 18:19:45 Miach rolls 8 to Spont. Exceptional Luck - Gno 2 + Fate 4 + HS 2 (10 Again) 10, 4, 8, 1, 9, 7, 6, 10, 1, 9 5 successes

"Well, it's not so bad, at least..." he said, looking at the mailman. "As for her, we'd have to go through the prisoners. Any tie with law inforcement on our team ?" he asked, though he wasn't holding his breath.

Now was a harder part... "I got abducted for a time, and..." and I never went there to try and explore the place again... another potential lead, there. "I lost touch with B. I really have no clue as to what happened to him."

"Any more questions ? Shoot."

E
    Ermac

Ermac looked up from his laptop, and repeated what he wrote down. "B is, or was, a young male, Awakened but not involved with us." Then inquired, "Define B current state. Is he alive - yes or no? Second, not involved with "us." Was he a member of Consilium, visitor, newly Awakened? Was it related to GLO?"

The Theurge looked at the sketches, nodded and set them aside. "You're jumping all over the place. Are these individuals imprisoned?" pointing to the girl and the mailman. "When, where and how were you abducted? How did you escape? Who helped you?"

Miach

PRE

Questions... answers... they were obviously in for a long talk, and Miach took his time sipping of his juice. Soon, he'd need his customary extra-sweet cappucino.

"I already told you, I have no idea whatsoever about B's current state. As for his position with respect to the Consilium, I would guess - because I don't really know - that he was rather newly Awakened, and it was a natural Awakening." Hopefully once he'd have grown in proficiency with Space, he'd be able to do more than guess, but as it was...

Then Ermac asked about the assaillants, and he had to repeat himself again. Perhaps he sucked at explaining things. Or perhaps, from what Menwel had taught him, and what he'd seen, that was how things went through the thickest skulls, starting with his own. Patience and repetition.

"The girl is imprisoned, to the best of my knowledge. It's something we could try to follow through if one of us has any ties with the force." or if victims have some things to say... perhaps he could try in that capacity...

"The other man..." and he showed the sketch "is at large, and distributing GLO.

As for my abduction..."
    Miach shuddered, and sipped more of his juice, trying to regain his countenance. Did people who lost a limb experience something like that ? Was it what the phantom limb syndrom was like ? A pain caused by something no longer here ?

"I got abducted by that girl, while at work, nearly two years ago. I escaped through a combination of luck, and help. I got helped by several members of the Consilium. I don't know how they found the lair I was kept in. Key. M.Rossi. Kiko. Reverb. Orobas. I'm sure none of those ring a bell to you, right ?" how could they ? They were all dead or gone...

E
    Ermac

Ermac took a long sip on his cup of water. "Yea, sorry about that," he replied in reference to B's status. "Trying to multi-task here. If you have names of either "the girl" or "mailman" that would be outstanding." He turned the laptop around for Miach to see. "Here's what I have so far. Please correct me on any information that does not align with your story."

Miach's Testimony

After Miach finished reading the report, he asked, "At any point in time, did you happen to obtain a sample of GLO? If so, do you still have it?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread