Ended
Watch

The Warlock and the Doctor

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"The zoo could be kinda interesting," Avis murmured, pausing her sweeping to think the idea over. Honestly, she was surprised by what the Doctor had said. She was expecting mild agreement, or acquiescence to her request, but the ideas were welcome. More than welcome, actually, especially as good as those were.

"I mean, the zoo is all about cages and lies, right? It's a fantasy construction that displays animals in mimicry of how they'd naturally be," she mused. "A lie within the Lie. A place where wonder isn't actually presented, but caged. It could be, like, a reminder of what they both sacrificed for. Of what they both fought for, until their conflicts finally came to an end. I think that'd be fitting, though it wouldn't have the same sense of, I don't know, release that a fire at the lake might have. 'Cause fire's transition. It's change, destructive change, but change that we use to continue on living, and to build. Both would be good, I think. I'm torn."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Miach

PRE

Pleased that he had offered ideas worth considering, the mystagogue offered his own opinion.

"If you ask me, we want something really private. And we're more likely to get it around the lake. I'd favor that, personally." he paused, looking at the Warlock intently.

"Of course, you knew them better than I did, so I'll bow to your opinion. What matters is what they would have liked best." They would probably have liked best to live on, the doctor thought, cringing. It was a train of thouhgt better left to its own.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"The Zoo has the better symbolism, but I think you're right about privacy being more important. As for what they would have liked, I honestly don't know," Avis admitted. "I didn't know either of them well. Not really. I mean, it's hard to really know someone in the first place, but there were a lot of barriers and a lack of time that really got in the way between me and them. Either way, they're both dead and they deserve to be recognized. Their actions deserve to be recognized. So, the lake it is. Five elements, and breaking bread to tie it all together. Let's say in about a month?"
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Miach

PRE

"Sounds like a plan. I should inform the whole Consilium, I think ?" the mystagogue said, nodding slowly. What she pointed out about knowing people was part of why he struggled to keep people alive, too. So they could know each other, and come to appreciate each other. But he had failed those two Arrows...

After a short pause and a shaking of the head, Miach made to speak, but stopped midway, and finally kept silent, apparently thinking better than to speak.

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Alright, if you want to. A bulletin, or a bunch of invitations would be better than an announcement, though. Or, actually, all three would be best, so if you want to handle all that that'd be great. I'll leave it in your hands," Avis said, sweeping a new piles of dust and grit together near the door.

Miach

PRE

Having covered the main topic of this meeting, there remained side things to discuss... but they all paled in comparison, and the mystagogue let them slide for now.

"I'll do it, then." he said, nodding slowly in affirmation.

It wouldn't do to leave like that, though. "Thank you for you time, Avis. May I help you with something, too ?" the doctor offered, pretty sure of the answer, but still...

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Well, if you're looking to spend a bunch of money or time, then yeah, I could use some help getting the Circle fixed up again," Avis replied with rhetorical flippancy. "Otherwise, no, but thanks for asking."

Miach

PRE

"Ah... story of my life, really. You should see our Athenaeum..." the mystagogue said with a nod of understanding. "It's consuming all of what little I can spare, I'm afraid..." and he shrugged.

"Well, the offer stands if you can think of something in my capacity..." did he finish, smiling friendly at the woman while packing, getting ready to leave..

Unless stopped, Miach will thank and salute Avis, leaving the Scene.

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"I'll see you later, Miach. Thanks for spreading word," Avis said in farewell to the Mystagogue.

Excellent! We now have an awesome event planned! Great ideas, Bigpaw

10. Likes Bigpaw liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread