Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 36
DISPLAYED
(Noir) Midnight Banking

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

PRE

"Alas, I can think of nothing. However, we will offer you our support in fighting that cursed society," Josephine promised. "We shall aid you however we may, for not only have we pledged to to serve the same Mistress, but the Society is a foe that has vexed us for too long."

That last part, at least, was no lie. Josephine would gladly spill the blood of the Domain's enemies alongside this...momentary friend.

A
    Angel Ducard

I simply shake my head with sorrow filled eyes. Having nothing further to add to the discussion. I think I played my part to well. I am sure nothing I could have done will warm the Ice Queen, but a lady can hope after all.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

It was Cole who nodded.

"Of course. I would suggest continuing what you are doing; it may be your group is still being watched, so we don't wish to tip our hand. We shall begin our own investigations soon enough. Do you have a contact number? It would be less obvious than riding out to your farm."

PRE

Josephine hesitated...

"If we are being watched," she began slowly, her mind piecing together an able excuse, "then can we be sure that a known phone line is safe enough? Perhaps it would be best if I obtained a new line. Why don't you give me a number to reach you at and then I will call as soon as I have a new line set up."

There, that seemed to make sense.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Cole gave Josephine a considering look then dug into her pockets for a small pencil and a business card. Carefully, she inscribed another number on the back and gingerly handed it over.

"Use that. It is a private number and should be secure enough."

"You were wise to call upon our aid," Nefertiti said at last. "Now go. Know that we are looking into this matter. And the matter of the... Society..." Her face crossed into a scowl of displeasure. "Now there are things that I must attend to."

Fatima in tow, Khan simply hobbled away from them. It was a masterful dismissal.

I think here is a good place to wrap. The scenario is laid but it'll take a while to have a noticeable impact. Sound fair?

6. Likes Cayce liked this post

Sounds Good!

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread